GetRektKids

Game is getting too easy?

Recommended Posts

GetRektKids    106

Okay so this has been bothering me for awhile, and I think other people to. I just have a suspicion that this game is just going to get easier and easier..... Winona (Overpowered), Willow (Slightly Overpowered), and Wortox (Definitely Overpowered), and I'm not sure if I like it. Hey but maybe the content coming will make the game harder to match. (WHICH IS WHAT IM REALLY HOPING) This game is to easy and it's getting easier. It needs to be revamped. 

I'm not saying that to a new person it would be easy, but after 20-40 hours........ They would have the hang of the game. I'm just worried the direction this game is going 

EdgyRick already addressed this in his video (Not that I support EdgyRick) Cause he's really not that smart, or Respectful.

Anyway I LOVE this game and always have, I'm genuinely proud of Klei for putting themselves out there, I've seen ads for both the Willow update, and Winona update (Don't know about Wortox) but Klei I have always enjoyed this game for many years. But that feeling of challenge, struggle, and the feeling of "I can't wait to kill you" has wore off.......

Klei this is just my word out of hundreds, thousands, but please take my word into account

thank you,

~RoughCactus69~

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't think the game is getting easier per se, but I would be okay with it if it did a little bit. Y'all have seen my stuff. I personally don't need the game to be easier, but I know MOST players won't take the time to get good enough to survive 100 days let alone defeat the Ancient Fuelweaver. 

If scaling the player power level up means more people get to experience what this great game has to offer then I'm all for it. 

EDIT: Prediction: all the characters are getting buffed so that more players can defeat the Fuelweaver, which some of the new content will be gated behind. 

Edited by NSAiswatchingus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetRektKids    106
1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I don't think the game is getting easier per se, but I would be okay with it if it did a little bit. Y'all have seen my stuff. I personally don't need the game to be easier, but I know MOST players won't take the time to get good enough to survive 100 days let alone defeat the Ancient Fuelweaver. 

If scaling the player power level up means more people get to experience what this great game has to offer then I'm all for it. 

EDIT: Prediction: all the characters are getting buffed so that more players can defeat the Fuelweaver, which some of the new content will be gated behind. 

I do understand that, there are probably people who stopped playing because the game is too hard, and I understand that XD at the beginning it was tough. Buffing new characters so Acient Fuelweaveris easier  does make since I personally haven't solo'd him lol but yeah I see where you coming from. The game just seems too easy.....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

I do understand that, there are probably people who stopped playing because the game is too hard, and I understand that XD at the beginning it was tough. Buffing new characters so Acient Fuelweaveris easier  does make since I personally haven't solo'd him lol but yeah I see where you coming from. The game just seems too easy.....

 

TBH, this game IS easy once you figure it out. It's that slow, painful process of figuring everything out that is hard. 

I'm curious, what are some difficult games in your opinion? I think this discussion can help players understand the difficulty in DST. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetRektKids    106
6 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

TBH, this game IS easy once you figure it out. It's that slow, painful process of figuring everything out that is hard. 

I'm curious, what are some difficult games in your opinion? I think this discussion can help players understand the difficulty in DST. 

Hard games, hmmmm.............. 

Ones that I play 

- DST (At the begging) 

- Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmm........

Ones That I don't Play

- Dark Souls

- Bloodborne

- Normal DS

- And others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, GetRektKids said:

Ones That I don't Play

- Dark Souls

- Bloodborne

- Normal DS

- And others

You haven't played them but you must generally know what comes with a Souls game. Even if you know exactly where to go, all the moves for every weapon, every enemy, every attack from every boss and how to respond, it's still difficult to get through the game. 

The only remotely comparable thing in DST would be kiting a full wave of hounds. 

Even platformers like Super Meatboy and some Mario level maker stuff can be insanely difficult to beat. Even knowing every jump or move you have to do doesn't matter if you can't act with extreme precision.

If I may ask, what is the most challenging game you have played aside from DST? 

 

Edited by NSAiswatchingus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetRektKids    106
14 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

You haven't played them but you must generally know what comes with a Souls game. Even if you know exactly where to go, all the moves for every weapon, every enemy, every attack from every boss and how to respond, it's still difficult to get through the game. 

The only remotely comparable thing in DST would be kiting a full wave of hounds. 

Even platformers like Super Meatboy and some Mario level maker stuff can be insanely difficult to beat. Even knowing every jump or move you have to do doesn't matter if you can't act with extreme precision.

If I may ask, what is the most challenging game you have played aside from DST? 

 

Hmm.... Hard to say...

I play all Call of Duty's on the hardest difficulty (takes multiple days to beat)

I played Super Meat Boy, not hard just aggravating....

It's honestly hard to say Don't Starve Together is probably the hardest one that I can think of off the top of my head, I did play a little bit of Bloodborne so I guess that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GetRektKids said:

Hmm.... Hard to say...

I play all Call of Duty's on the hardest difficulty (takes multiple days to beat)

I played Super Meat Boy, not hard just aggravating....

It's honestly hard to say Don't Starve Together is probably the hardest one that I can think of off the top of my head, I did play a little bit of Bloodborne so I guess that?

So in COD knowing the level didn't matter too much right? If you're good enough at FPS's you can beat any COD no problem. 

In Super Meatboy you can see the entire level in front of you so it's just a matter of executing your jumps right. 

DST is more like a puzzle game if anything, and you can only really get the full experience of a puzzle game once. After you've solved every mystery there's not much left to be challenging, but that first time through felt impossible. The greatest challenge in DST is in learning how to survive and what everything does. That will never become easier for new players no matter how powerful their character is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetRektKids    106
5 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

So in COD knowing the level didn't matter too much right? If you're good enough at FPS's you can beat any COD no problem. 

In Super Meatboy you can see the entire level in front of you so it's just a matter of executing your jumps right. 

DST is more like a puzzle game if anything, and you can only really get the full experience of a puzzle game once. After you've solved every mystery there's not much left to be challenging, but that first time through felt impossible. The greatest challenge in DST is in learning how to survive and what everything does. That will never become easier for new players no matter how powerful their character is. 

Those are my most played games FPS, I play them a lot some over time I've gotten skill that I can transfer over to other FPS's

With Super Meat Boy it was just the controls, I was playing on a chromebook so a "little" lag happened and I was playing on one of those F2P sites, so yeah...... controls ehhh performance ehhhh 

After I posted this thread, I've been thinking..... should there be like an expert mode for it? I know there's Wes and that's the reason he's there, but I have a certain playstyle and Wes doesn't fit that. SO like in Terraria expert mode, you can do everything you want. Just have the mobs be smarter, have more moves, more health, and most importantly MORE LOOT. 

Now the loot side of this should either be through 2X the drops from bosses, 2X the amount of presents you get (and faster), o maybe just exclusive items only in "expert" mode. 

It's a mode for people who have played the game and are good at it, can still have a challenge after they've done everything, a new difficulty. Who knows.

 

( I MIGHT JUST MAKE THIS INTO A POST ON THE FORUMS ITSELF) I like the idea, it'd be fun :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2019 at 6:57 AM, GetRektKids said:

Those are my most played games FPS, I play them a lot some over time I've gotten skill that I can transfer over to other FPS's

With Super Meat Boy it was just the controls, I was playing on a chromebook so a "little" lag happened and I was playing on one of those F2P sites, so yeah...... controls ehhh performance ehhhh 

After I posted this thread, I've been thinking..... should there be like an expert mode for it? I know there's Wes and that's the reason he's there, but I have a certain playstyle and Wes doesn't fit that. SO like in Terraria expert mode, you can do everything you want. Just have the mobs be smarter, have more moves, more health, and most importantly MORE LOOT. 

Now the loot side of this should either be through 2X the drops from bosses, 2X the amount of presents you get (and faster), o maybe just exclusive items only in "expert" mode. 

It's a mode for people who have played the game and are good at it, can still have a challenge after they've done everything, a new difficulty. Who knows.

 

( I MIGHT JUST MAKE THIS INTO A POST ON THE FORUMS ITSELF) I like the idea, it'd be fun :)

I mean, In the world settings, you can turn on more of all the enemies, more rain, long winter or even play night only. These things will all 100% make DST harder while still letting you play the way you'd like and with the characters you'd like. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alfons100    262

It would be nice to see that perhaps after you've defeated Fuelweaver, the overworld changes to be more dangerous. Perhaps there's wandering merm cults with hostile ranged sorcerers, more dangerous environmental effects(Strong winds from SW?), and maybe old bosses gets some tricks up their sleeves to not just be kiteable for free.

Some of the DST exclusive bosses(and Forge bosses) are great and challenging which shows that Klei can make real challenging and dynamic bossfights, it's just that at the moment the ones we most commonly fight like treeguardians or season-giants are the easy and outdated ones.

It would be nice to see a polish-pass with some bosses too, now when a lot of characters are getting revamps for DST.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PSV_USA    17
On 5/16/2019 at 11:48 AM, NSAiswatchingus said:

So in COD knowing the level didn't matter too much right? If you're good enough at FPS's you can beat any COD no problem.

Rainbow Six Siege is the skill (aim and map knowledge) of COD but with the puzzle aspect of strategy games. Awesome but super hard game with a massive learning curve. Get's too sweaty most of the time :) 

No, this response doesn't really contribute to this conversation in any constructive way, but sometimes I just got to shout out lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanma    0
On 22/05/2019 at 2:41 AM, Flamingoseeker said:

I mean, In the world settings, you can turn on more of all the enemies, more rain, long winter or even play night only. These things will all 100% make DST harder while still letting you play the way you'd like and with the characters you'd like. :)

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw this post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now