Game is getting too easy?

26 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

*cough cough* last winter feast i had my Big Boss Genocide and i had to kill ancient fuelweaver 8 times. I soloed him 5 time with Wes but it required alot and ALOT of practice, trial and error. Afterward i did the 3 other kills with my bro cause i didnt wanted to get litteraly insane during christmas xD

I dont think it is given to anyone to solo fuel without any cheats or glitches but it is surely doable without the meta charachter like Wolfgang or Wigfrid :)

(Sorry for the bragging just had to put my tid bit of info)

I had no idea! Every "Solo Fuelweaver" video I see is either using glitches or Wolfgang. I'm still curious what your technique was if you don't mind elaborating. 

I guess that brings me to my next point. The game is not easy. We're just getting really frickin' good at it. Fuelweaver is obviously designed to be fought by multiple players, but with practice and perfect execution it can apparently be done by anyone solo. 

For comparison, Destiny 1 had multiple 6-player raids that were the most difficult content in the game at their releases. Eventually, some of the best players in the game figured out how to SOLO these 6 man raids. Because it CAN be done by one person doesn't mean the content is easy. That one person is just really really good.

The Legend Himself one manning Crota End

Spoiler

I've been playing DS on PS4 for quite a while now, though it hasn't been until the past year and a half that I've really gone balls deep. By no means am I claiming to be an expert, most of my ability comes from the fact I'm almost always playing with my gf. We've settled into our respective roles and as a team we are extremely proficient.

We haven't taken on the FuelWeaver yet, or the ToadStool guy, and it wasn't until recently that we really committed to the caves (due to my fear of the unknown lol).

My take on it is that yes, once you have a solid understanding of the seasons, equipment, and materials DST can become easy in a sense, but in the sense that it's easy to avoid difficulty. One of the aspects I love about DS is that no matter how much experience and knowledge you have, no matter how well built and well stocked your base may be, no matter how much planning and preparation you do, all it takes is one tiny slip up, one moment of forgetfulness, and it all comes crashing down. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten a thermal stone, got too ballsy in the swamp, didn't bring enough food on an expedition, miscalculated my spider capturing abilities, etc etc.

For me, the difficulty lies in being on point at all times while managing the mile long to do list in my head.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there for whom said issues are not at all a problem, but that's what drives me and what keeps me from taking the challenges offered too lightly.

Ill put the gear i usually had with Wes when doing Fuelweaver :

Spoiler

-20 Jerky

-10 cooked cactus

-2 snurtle armor

-1 thulecite armor

-1 ham bat

-2 Dark sword

-3 weather pain

-2 bee queen crown

-Walking cane

-jelly beans

-2 nightmare amulets

Note that this set up doesnt use all of the quantity listed. I put the said number in case thing goes wrong.

I would start the fight with a ham bat. The first phase is pretty chill and requires you to just kite his attack. When he does its bone cage i would go near the edge of the map to be able to go out of the cage quickly. For those of you that dont know a bone cage that spawn near the edge will be half leaving you the opportuniy to get out.

When second phase begin i swap to dark sword to do a bit more damage. When Fuel become imprevious to damage he spawns the woven shadows to heal him. The trick i use is to clear a path in front of me and to run in circle. Fuel weaver will follow me and the woven shadow are gonna get into a cluster. I then use a weather pain against the cluster to kill them all. Then i equiped a nightmare amulet to kill the dark hands. I repeat this process until Fuelweaver is dead.

My most efficient run took me around 13 min as Wes but it takes me around 15 min of fight usually. 

7 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

My most efficient run took me around 13 min as Wes but it takes me around 15 min of fight usually. 

Geez. And that's as WES. Your write up makes it seem pretty simple, but obviously getting that down took a good while of practice. A perfect example of DST's difficulty. Extremely difficult and intimidating at first, but eventually becomes more manageable over time. 

So uhhh...you wanna kill Fuelweaver with me sometime? :D

You asked: "Soloable WITHOUT glitches?"
I showed that it is quite possible.
Are you embarrassed that there is an additional Life Giving Amulet on my character? It is used by 25%. Is it so much restored health? The presence or absence of this mod does not change anything here. I repeat - I did not think that I could win, I just wanted to practice. If I knew this boss is so easy, I would not include the mod. Wigfried is no better than Wolfgang or an advanced robot. Strong characters just save time. In addition, I started playing for Wigfried and defeated the boss before the change of character was introduced.
"Nothing but cheats and mods over there!"
Is there any way to prove that this is not the case? Is there any reason for me to prove that this is not the case? "Whoever does not believe in others is not himself trustworthy."

9 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Geez. And that's as WES. Your write up makes it seem pretty simple, but obviously getting that down took a good while of practice. A perfect example of DST's difficulty. Extremely difficult and intimidating at first, but eventually becomes more manageable over time. 

So uhhh...you wanna kill Fuelweaver with me sometime? :D

And you are totally right ! I mean i still die from frogs or spooders from time to time and i must admit i facepalm quite badly xD

When you know what you have to do, the games does indeed seems easy. BUT this game is so unforgiven and so random sometime that even if you are the best player that ever was you might have some trouble. And this is especially what i love from this franchise ! I played this game since the single player version got out on ps4 a bit before Reign of Giants got released and as of today, i still die from bunnyman cause i forget i was carrying meat (those damn vegan bunnies xD).

In late game, hounds attack are no joke and can easily be overwhelming if you are not well prepared. To get 4 frog rains in one spring can also be quite painfull to your planning. Not to say that if you play alone cause you got bad internet, just dont have anyone to play with or your just a weirdo that likes hard challenges (hehhehe *wink wink*) those bosses have quite alot of healt compare to the single player version

So to sum it up i also dont think DST is an easy game.

And of course ! If you want a bit of help for a fuelweaver fight or two just hit me up :) im a blood thirsty mime always looking for a challenge.

First off, we don't have as much going for us on console so when I get that chance I like to punch up at PC players. That said...

2 hours ago, 0rutyna0 said:

You asked: "Soloable WITHOUT glitches?"
I showed that it is quite possible.

Yeah. No glitches, but extra equipment slot mods are pretty game changing. Not just the extra amulet slot, but wearing a Krampus sack and armor at the same time allows you to do the fight in a way that couldn't be done without that mod, i.e. not having to run to your backpack for more stuff. 

Are you embarrassed that there is an additional Life Giving Amulet on my character?

I don't think you mean embarrassed here. Maybe you mean envious, but I'm not that either. 

I repeat - I did not think that I could win, I just wanted to practice. If I knew this boss is so easy, I would not include the mod.

That's totally fine. I abused the hell out of rollback to learn the different boss fights. Still do. People can play how they want, but don't use a version of the game modded to be easier as an example in a conversation about game difficulty. The PC to Console comparisons always get skewed anyway because the game controls very differently allowing PC players to do things console players can't. 

Wigfried is no better than Wolfgang or an advanced robot. Strong characters just save time. In addition, I started playing for Wigfried and defeated the boss before the change of character was introduced.

I didn't know any character was capable of soloing it besides maybe Wolfgang let alone Wes. 

"Nothing but cheats and mods over there!"
Is there any way to prove that this is not the case? Is there any reason for me to prove that this is not the case? 

Unless you had a livestream of you doing every single thing by hand with no glitches or mods, I don't believe you dirty PCer's. 

"Whoever does not believe in others is not himself trustworthy."

Hey now, I believe @Warlockadamm without a doubt about soloing Fuelweaver 8 times as Wes (a much bolder claim), but he's a PS4 player, incapable of lying or cheating!

On 6/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, NSAiswatchingus said:

Soloable WITHOUT glitches? If someone manages to set up a bunch of catapults to kill Fuelweaver then they did it in their own way that probably took a lot of time to accomplish in it's own right. It's no different than slaving away to build 50 bunny huts around a Beequeen and just apart of the game. 

Anyone can beat Bloodborne if they power level themselves to make every boss a joke. Games are only as difficult as the player makes them. 

Yes I understand that, but the Ancient Fuelweaver was NOT supposed to be able to be solo'd Klei said it themselves. Bloodborne they can be solo'd (They are supposed to be able to be) but Fuelweaver isn't Klei even stated this

On 6/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, Warlockadamm said:

And you are totally right ! I mean i still die from frogs or spooders from time to time and i must admit i facepalm quite badly xD

When you know what you have to do, the games does indeed seems easy. BUT this game is so unforgiven and so random sometime that even if you are the best player that ever was you might have some trouble. And this is especially what i love from this franchise ! I played this game since the single player version got out on ps4 a bit before Reign of Giants got released and as of today, i still die from bunnyman cause i forget i was carrying meat (those damn vegan bunnies xD).

In late game, hounds attack are no joke and can easily be overwhelming if you are not well prepared. To get 4 frog rains in one spring can also be quite painfull to your planning. Not to say that if you play alone cause you got bad internet, just dont have anyone to play with or your just a weirdo that likes hard challenges (hehhehe *wink wink*) those bosses have quite alot of healt compare to the single player version

And of course ! If you want a bit of help for a fuelweaver fight or two just hit me up :) im a blood thirsty mime always looking for a challenge.

I agree I'm not saying it's a really easy game, not at all. It's honestly my fault for not elaborating....... The game isn't easy, I just thinks it's getting easier; All the character updates, new OP characters, etc. It's not really getting that much easier but overtime I'm afraid it will sooner or later get extremely easy. I just hope Klei realizes this before it's to late.

Again the game IS NOT EASY

It's GETTING easier

On 6/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, Warlockadamm said:

Oh! and yeaI would like to hit you up on PS4! My gamertag is RoughCactus69

Archived