Portmanteau

Help with Realistic Placement not working with merged crafting

Recommended Posts

Portmanteau    195
Posted (edited)

So for some time now I've been using this mod called "Realistic Placement" that lets you place things pretty much as close as you want, which I really like using cause now I can have my base be exactly how I want it and have more room to place things in the Slanty Shanty.

Problem is, the mod doesn't seem to apply its function of setting all recipes to have a min_spacing of "1" to recipes obtained through merged crafting (like Prime Ape Huts outside of SW, Bunny House outside of DS/RoG etc.) Seemingly this is because the recipes outside of their normal worlds are actually "deep copys" of the originals with their game type set to "common" and their tech set to "LOST", going off what I can see in recipe.lua.

Basically, I'm wondering if there is any way to fix this? I'd really like to continue using this mod, especially since with Realistic Placement and merged crafting I could make some really cool bases, Slanty Shantys, and other builds, so I'd hate to be limited to only really having the mod apply to items that originate in the current world.

Anything that can be done about this at all?

(Mod Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784025779)

Edited by Portmanteau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Portmanteau    195
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ultroman said:

Did you ask the original author if they would fix it?

The mod for DS is a port of the original mod for DST, whose author hasn't been active on Steam in half a year. As for the author that ported it I don't know if they would or will fix it considering that the mod's 2-3 years old now, which is why I made this post asking if there were to be any way to fix it perhaps on my own or that someone else could fix it if they knew how. I'm clueless as to how to go about it myself.

Edited by Portmanteau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ultroman    340

I would start by asking the author of the port. They were online 7 hours ago. You just might get a yes. Otherwise, I can see what would be need in order to fix it.

I wrote the author and provided a possible fix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Portmanteau    195
22 hours ago, Ultroman said:

I would start by asking the author of the port. They were online 7 hours ago. You just might get a yes. Otherwise, I can see what would be need in order to fix it.

I wrote the author and provided a possible fix.

Just tried your potential fix now and it doesn't work. Tested in a normal vanilla DS world, RoG world, and SW world so far. Any other possible fixes you have in mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ultroman    340

That's weird. One of these should work:

for _,v in pairs(GLOBAL.MergeRecipes()) do
   v.min_spacing = 1
end
for _,v in pairs(GLOBAL.GetAllRecipes(true)) do
   v.min_spacing = 1
end
for _,v in pairs(GLOBAL.GetAllKnownRecipes()) do
   v.min_spacing = 1
end

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Portmanteau    195
12 minutes ago, Ultroman said:

That's weird. One of these should work:


for _,v in pairs(GLOBAL.MergeRecipes()) do
   v.min_spacing = 1
end

for _,v in pairs(GLOBAL.GetAllRecipes(true)) do
   v.min_spacing = 1
end

for _,v in pairs(GLOBAL.GetAllKnownRecipes()) do
   v.min_spacing = 1
end

 

Tried all three, none of them worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ultroman    340

That sounds really weird. The recipes should be available, from what I can see.

How do you even get the ability to place a Rabbit Hutch when you're playing e.g. SW? The question is, how do I test this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Portmanteau    195
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Ultroman said:

That sounds really weird. The recipes should be available, from what I can see.

How do you even get the ability to place a Rabbit Hutch when you're playing e.g. SW? The question is, how do I test this?

1. Start on a Hamlet-compatible DS/RoG world.

2. Give yourself materials for a Rabbit Hutch then prototype it at a Alchemy Engine, and then give yourself materials for more of them for testing (Klei added the ability to craft world-exclusive items outside of their usual worlds if they've been prototyped first in the origin world.), or use GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() as that should work the same way

3. (Currently in DS/RoG) Attempt to place two Rabbit Hutches as close as you can to each other. Note the very close spacing (It's working right now!)

4. Enter Shipwrecked through the Seaworthy or Skyworthy.

5. (Currently in SW) Attempt to place two Rabbit Hutches as close as you can to each other. Note that they now use their normal spacing... (It's not working...)

6. And that should be it! I recommend using Geometric Placement when doing the test if you want to see the spacing difference much clearer in a grid format.

If you need more information just ask. Also thank you very much for your time by the way! It's much appreciated.

Edited by Portmanteau
Typoes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ultroman    340

I've had a brainwave. Singular. I think I got it working. Gimme a minute.

Alright, I have a fix :)

I've prepared it for upload to the workshop, but I'm trying to contact the author more rigorously (message AND friend request), because it would be better for the whole community if the original mod is updated, instead of putting another duplicate (fixed) mod on the workshop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Portmanteau    195
30 minutes ago, Ultroman said:

I've had a brainwave. Singular. I think I got it working. Gimme a minute.

Alright, I have a fix :)

I've prepared it for upload to the workshop, but I'm trying to contact the author more rigorously (message AND friend request), because it would be better for the whole community if the original mod is updated, instead of putting another duplicate (fixed) mod on the workshop.

Oh that's great to hear! Yeah that sounds best, only fair to at least try to contact the original port author first. I much look forward now to the eventual release of this update/potential reupload.

Thanks again so much for your time on this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now