Remove and combine some items

Look like none here understand my point, so I won't say much more because none wants to listen to any point I make, you all want junk items because they are already item in game and not gonna change your mind seeming.

On 15/05/2019 at 1:58 PM, Mooagain said:

What's so bad about feeding junk to lureplants? I give them stacks of bee stingers all the time.

I ask why player need to manage item to be thrown out of existence? Waste of time and space for lureplant bin when you could be having fun doing other things.

16 minutes ago, Charsis said:

Look like none here understand my point, so I won't say much more because none wants to listen to any point I make, you all want junk items because they are already item in game and not gonna change your mind seeming.

The issue isn't that we want useless junk items, it's more that you want to remove/combine items that don't warrant it. You want to remove nitre when it's already used for salt licks, gunpowder, endothermic fires, Winona's generators, and when Wormwood gets here, compost wraps. In the beta, it's an even more valuable resource as it's used in the creation of renewable moon glass.

Stingers? Yeah, sure. It's only used in what... 2, 3 recipes no one really uses? I don't think anyone would miss them much.

Moonstone and marble? They're completely different minerals. One mundane and the other has magical properties. Combining the two would be getting rid of a lot of established lore. Klei's been hinting at the moon's involvement in the story almost as long as DST has been around. And now the moon is the major focus of the new content, I'm sure moonstone will get even more uses soon.

Hounds teeth and bone shards? Sure, why not? They're gonna pile up either way.

Yeah you do not get my point at all. It an item you get abundance of very early game when it not used for anything should at least drop somehow else not basic rock bolder it annoying.

On 17/05/2019 at 10:20 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Moonstone and marble? They're completely different minerals. One mundane and the other has magical properties. Combining the two would be getting rid of a lot of established lore. Klei's been hinting at the moon's involvement in the story almost as long as DST has been around. And now the moon is the major focus of the new content, I'm sure moonstone will get even more uses soon.

Hate all about what you said in this. Game functionally they could very well be same item. And it do make sense at least to me if they are same type of item like in Hamlet Pig skin and Pig skin? is because they both hard material use for tough stuffs and relate to clockwork very similarly. They look almost same, just one is more blue than other.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:31 PM, Charsis said:

Waste of time and space for lureplant bin when you could be having fun doing other things.

Picking resources, be it grass or pig skins, is a waste of time and space when you could be having fun doing other things too. You're better off activating creative mode if you can't bother doing unfun tasks.

And if you really want to maintain your world's floor item free you can just use a command for it.

FUNCTIONALLY marble and moonstone cannot be the same because the moonstone is not marble. Moonstones are form the moon, which may or may not be alive, mind you, and carry excellent lore and magic capabilities. Marble isn't magic, isn't from a debatably living entity, and most definitely isn't more powerful for walls. Marble is not only an armor item but also for sculptures, which are cosmetic. Also, Marble is the poster boy for resources you don't have to grab. Literally just don't touch it, not that difficult. Meanwhile, moonstones and desert stones are incredibly useful late game.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, Marthan said:

I just think they are not that practical, they don't grow on winter and the lureplant trashcan setup is not something that I would consider pretty.

I have my leafy meat farm on desert turf. One tile is not covered and only one eyeplant can grow there. Thats my 1x1 tile trashcan. Does not take that much space that way.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:14 AM, Rellimarual said:

Even if you don’t make gunpowder—which a lot of solo players need to kill bosses—you can use nitre for endothermic campfires in summer and as a fuel for the endothermic fire pit. I can’t remember if it can fuel flings as well, but maybe someone else can clarify?

it can according to the wiki

7 hours ago, Charsis said:

Hate all about what you said in this. Game functionally they could very well be same item. And it do make sense at least to me if they are same type of item like in Hamlet Pig skin and Pig skin? is because they both hard material use for tough stuffs and relate to clockwork very similarly. They look almost same, just one is more blue than other.

By this logic we should just lump red and blue gems together too. They're both used in similar recipes and obtained in similar ways. They even look almost the same, it's just that one is blue and the other is red. But they both represent different things, and have different properties. Just like with marble and moonstone.

Dude...

Just because you can't see any use for some item, you don't have to outright ASK Klei to remove something that they added in for a reason and spent their time to work on and even ADDED MORE USES FOR IT TO BE USEFUL (Winona's Generator, Boat repair kits) just to satisfy us.

Spoiler

This thread actually deserves to be banished into Suggestions and Feedback.

The solution is to make more craftables involving stingers and nitre - maybe a beestinger bomb fueled with nitre to hit two tallbirds with one stone? Endothermic Furnace? Stinger trap? Stinger darts? 
Moon rock and marble are heavily distinguishable and have separate purposes for a reason. Just as nitre and flint, or pigskin and beefalo wool. 

1 hour ago, TurtleKitty said:

The solution is to make more craftables involving stingers and nitre

Sounds familiar to me ^^

Flare.png.409f2f346de59e05bc876656a21eb2e7.png  boatpatch.png.3926cc60bd80d98f568fc6ec48c45f96.png

As we can see, devs figured this out, ways before this thread

Definitely, and maybe on things that'll be for more advanced times

Flares are fun on early but you'll make a moonlens quickly

And boat patchs to fix friends mistakes... talking about that they still have difficulties to get on the boat, this game is to hard...

Spoiler

20190521215053_1.thumb.jpg.75f05734de7e755b86c4d7752475da3e.jpg

It's going good, i guess

20190521215145_1.thumb.jpg.4d46c74e57a7516caf560aa126a49e67.jpg

Maybe I should teach him "gravity" first

It does somewhat bother me to stuff a chest to the brim with a single item which sole purpose is to craft one or two specific items. Even more egregious if the item in question is capable of being massed faster than I can craft for it, like in the case of bee stingers and feathers.

16 minutes ago, Loopy Ouroboros said:

It does somewhat bother me to stuff a chest to the brim with a single item which sole purpose is to craft one or two specific items. Even more egregious if the item in question is capable of being massed faster than I can craft for it, like in the case of bee stingers and feathers.

At least feathers have a fuel value. I typically toss any extra feathers into my fuel chest.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:30 PM, TurtleKitty said:

Stinger darts? 

we could have a makeshift tentacle spike using those maybe make it out of living logs and add it to the green thumb tab with Wormwood to give him even more team play!

Archived