Bat Wings and Cowls

Vampire bats drop Pigskin?, but never a batilisk wing.  Anybody ever get wings from vampire bats?  Seems we can run out of the ingredients necessary to make cowls, since batilisks in the ruins don't regenerate.  I might like to ask Klei to please have vampire bats drop wings, even if relatively rarely.  

7 hours ago, ucw said:

Vampire bats drop Pigskin?, but never a batilisk wing.  Anybody ever get wings from vampire bats?  Seems we can run out of the ingredients necessary to make cowls, since batilisks in the ruins don't regenerate.  I might like to ask Klei to please have vampire bats drop wings, even if relatively rarely.  

Wings aren't in their tables, so sadly they won't drop any.

And yes, it is possible to eventually run out of wings=no more cowls. 

Only way to currently counter this is merging with a ROG world. 

Out of luck if this isn't what you want/don't own the DLC.

I would second them dropping wings, or having bats respawn.

Make them have like a 1% chance of dropping them considering how many Vampire Bats can spawn at once.

Having none of them drop these at all in Hamlet is kinda strange considering the Cowl is a Hamlet item.

4 hours ago, -Variant said:

Wings aren't in their tables, so sadly they won't drop any.

And yes, it is possible to eventually run out of wings=no more cowls. 

I would second them dropping wings, or having bats respawn.

tbh I would love if the devs added a new "room-like" structure to get into the SPOOKY HOLES access inside the cave clefts...

5cd93dff64ea8_Screenshot(412).png.a850e893dc9780659b336ce5307c0275.png

and there you could find normal bats occasionally for more WING drops

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

tbh I would love if the devs added a new "room-like" structure to get into the SPOOKY HOLES access inside the cave clefts...

Funnily enough there's sprites (And I think code) that lets you destroy these.

I've seen the sprites for it in a lot of places.

Seemed like you could mine it, it's mined form (0%) looked like a much larger hole, so if you could enter there and find more bats that'd be very helpful.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Cave Clefts are definitely lame right now. Enter once each to get gold and that's it. It's a single room.

They could work as a temporary home of sorts, but you're right, they could use their own personal buff.

Their only purpose right now is quick gold grab, and killing off Bat waves before they launch.

4 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

and what?

getting gold.  

edit: I misunderstood the question -- yes, you can find sleeping bats in cave clefts and kill them off.  

13 hours ago, -Variant said:

Batilisks weren't added in RoG. All of the cave content has existed since vanilla. I think it's a pretty silly hypothetical scenario for someone to own Hamlet and not RoG, but they would still be able to get batilisk wings from caves in vanilla.

3 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

and what?

Something cool about vampire bat waves is that the bats actually build up in the cave clefts over time, and can be killed off in advance to stop them from being a part of the next attack.

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Batilisks weren't added in RoG. All of the cave content has existed since vanilla. I think it's a pretty silly hypothetical scenario for someone to own Hamlet and not RoG, but they would still be able to get batilisk wings from caves in vanilla.

Something cool about vampire bat waves is that the bats actually build up in the cave clefts over time, and can be killed off in advance to stop them from being a part of the next attack.

On the first point, I do often the mistake too to assimilate bats and RoG. So thanks for the reminder. ;)

And on the second point, you clearly taught me something new today. Does someone know if we can plant elephant cactus in the cave clefts ? :p

10 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I love this.  Something along the lines of caves in ROG.  

This is a bit of a large stretch, but seeing as Hamlet is on a plateau what if Hamlet (RoG style) caves existed you could go down a few layers and exit out into RoG? Vertically-Oriented caves! (Probably a horrible idea, it just came to me lol) 

Edit: Bat-themed mini caves could be a really neat addition to Hamlet actually! An idea I've had for a while is a living form of a Bishop, based off of a bat (Firing soundwaves or something and clawing at you) and seeing as Vampire Bats drop Pig Skin? perhaps they have some relation to pigs :0

Archived