Is there a way to retain saves from the beta branch once it goes live?

I've had a fun time testing along the way, but I've grown pretty attached to a save or two, is there a way to maintain/transfer/save them once the beta branch is over, or do I have to accept that they're gone forever?

Yes there is, you can copy your safe files from the beta branch to the life servers. But don't do it before the branch goes life.

But do make a backup of them NOW, because I don't know what happens to the files ones the beta branch goes life.

Go to your steam file
-> userdata
-> (the next file for me is 78155451, it might be a different number for you though)
-> then it certainly is 219740
->remote
> dlc_porkland_interiors is where the beta branch files are,

the one below (remote) is where your life branch files are. Be careful not to overwrite your life branch ones and safe everything before overwriting anything.

Good Luck

On 5/14/2019 at 4:22 AM, Rhobious_Aran said:

Yes there is, you can copy your safe files from the beta branch to the life servers. But don't do it before the branch goes life.

But do make a backup of them NOW, because I don't know what happens to the files ones the beta branch goes life.

Go to your steam file
-> userdata
-> (the next file for me is 78155451, it might be a different number for you though)
-> then it certainly is 219740
->remote
> dlc_porkland_interiors is where the beta branch files are,

the one below (remote) is where your life branch files are. Be careful not to overwrite your life branch ones and safe everything before overwriting anything.

Good Luck

Hey so I'm trying to do the same thing here and I wanted to know where I need to move the dlc_porkland_interiors files.

Also do I drag all the files out?

by the way what do you mean by life branch?

Well, copy the "dlc_porkland_interiors " to a directory somewhere safe (say, My Documents\My Dontstarve backup).

Now do the same for "remote"

Now that these two folders are safe, you can overwrite everything in "remote" with everything in "dlc_porkland_interiors" to transfer. 

Archived