[Poll] What do you die to the most?

What Do You Die To The Most?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Starvation
    • Insanity
    • Groups of Mobs (Hound/Caveworm Attacks)
    • Giants/Bosses
    • Darkness
    • Ruins Mobs (Damaged Clockworks, Splunkmonkeys, Slurpers)
    • Caves Mobs (Bunnymen, Slurtles, Rock Lobsters)
    • Swamp Mobs (Spiders, Tentacles, Merms)
    • Treeguards
    • Misc Mobs (Voltgoats, Beefaloo, Bees)
    • Traps
    • Other (Specify in Comments)

(I voted Other)

Well, I died sometimes by shenanigans and some ungrateful ******* who asked for help and eventually let me alone as a piece of trash.

I hate the people who is capable of backstab you at the earliest opportunity.

24 minutes ago, Scrubsberry said:

I usually die to Ruins Enemies because I'm not prepared for multiple bishops attacking me while being chased by a rook.

And propably fifty terrorbeaks while you need to hold a lantern or minehat. oh god why

I don't really die because of a certain mob or boss. I usually die because of pressure.

Like if there's 2 crawling horrors, 5 splumonkeys and 2 worms following after me. Autism kicks in as there are too much going on and I get confused, which usually ends up me running around in a circle hoping for them to de-aggro for some reason. Then I get sniped by a beak.

Lag should also be an option. I really like it when I get hit from a mile away.

Most of my deaths are caused by a laziness-induced snowball effect.

An example is when the thermal stone is going to lose durability and I know that if I burn that tree over there I can bring it back to orange, but, I also know that If I stay still to get heat from the fire I'll get lazy and probably forget what I was doing and then stay like 5 minutes trying to remember, so I just tank the freezing damage with jellybeans until I finish what I am doing, then, of course, the hounds start baying and my brain just shuts down with the laziness of having to deal with it then I tank one to many hits killing them because I'm too lazy to kite and die to the last one or to the hunger+freezing damage (because I was too lazy to make food).

Because of this I created a bad habit of dropping my items in a organized fashion and then letting the hunger/freezing/both kill me so I can ress using an amulet and get some of that hunger/heat back (rinse and repeat until I finish what I was doing).

I don't die to the heat because I am too lazy to create a base with flingos and having to refuel them or to create a base in the antlion desert and having to micro manage hats, so I just make a summer base in the caves and do stuff there until the summer is gone.

I think I might have a problem.

I'm surprise people haven't voted more for the tentacles in the swamps!

I somehow, always manage to get distracted and get hit when looking at the map (no minimap mod no). This or I am also just too impatient with mobs that you need to hit only once before the kite like frogs, krampus and those vicious tentacles. 

Well at least we listen the game title. No one starved. We didn’t starve. Together. 

Also, man **** those tentacles! Almost 600+ hours at game still haven’t gotten used to it. 

I usually get killed by my own recklessness, ignorance, lag-induced hits and laziness more than anything else.

I die to Mactusks because I breeze past heir houses absentmindedly while looking for the next Suspicious dirt pile, I die to bosses because i underprepare with only 6 Football helmets and 10 trailmix, I die to Volt Goats because i forget to put my Eyebrella on, I die to lots other mobs because i think I can kill them in my unarmored state, and more. I mean, at this point of experience I should be able to deal with these repetitive threats efficiently. But i get too greedy or lazy all the time.

That is why i'm a rollback king. xD

4 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

I am often killed by my own stupidity.

Like CTRL-F in a group of pigs thinking I'll attack the one I turned into a werepig. >.<

this and

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I usually get killed by my own recklessness, ignorance, lag-induced hits and laziness more than anything else.

I die to Mactusks because I breeze past heir houses absentmindedly while looking for the next Suspicious dirt pile, I die to bosses because i underprepare with only 6 Football helmets and 10 trailmix, I die to Volt Goats because i forget to put my Eyebrella on, I die to lots other mobs because i think I can kill them in my unarmored state, and more. I mean, at this point of experience I should be able to deal with these repetitive threats efficiently. But i get too greedy or lazy all the time.

That is why i'm a rollback king. xD

this

i sometimes try to fight a tentacle with no armor :( 

but sometimes its not my fault

like when im picking up fur tufts from bearger, and my teammate then hits bearger with a walking cane to get his attention …

6 hours ago, csc_unit said:

I'm surprise people haven't voted more for the tentacles in the swamps!

I somehow, always manage to get distracted and get hit when looking at the map (no minimap mod no). This or I am also just too impatient with mobs that you need to hit only once before the kite like frogs, krampus and those vicious tentacles. 

A good tip for wandering around the swamp: Check your sanity. Tentacles have an insanity aura so if you see a large, downwards arrow then it woundn't be a good idea to check your map there.

In terms to dying to something im not specifically trying to die to (ie for dropping all my stuff and leaving the server), I guess it would be bosses.

I don't really die all that much, but I guess the only thing that has a severe risk to my life are bosses, not because I don't know how to deal with them or anything, but mostly because I have the "screw it, I know what im doing" attitude and under-prepare.

Archived