Let's post bad advice for new players.

53 minutes ago, JohnFrancis said:

Never upgrade past basic power wire it's a waste, don't use transformers they leech power and just use more power generators for every separate grid.

Experience tells me this isn't as bad as you make it out to be. You can build multiple power grids, each with manual generators and batteries from cycle 1, making it a viable early expansion strategy. What you indicate should be done would be to not expand much until you reached a certain tech level and resource production ability. It's two different ways of playing, both viable.

You don't need outhouses, let alone toilets. Just rush for the mesh tiles and build all of your tiles with those mesh tiles so poops can go through it into the basement!

In early game, expand horizontally as far as you could. Ladders are bad for both decor and move speed. Especially dupes are slower at early game, so you'd rather go horizontal than vertical.

Firepoles are just an option for decoration. Why would you want those when fire hazard isn't a thing in this game?

You need to get those pills from apocathery asap, especially make as many allergy pills as possible. Use all the available seeds.

If you keep those harmful floral scents out of your base, Allergies isn't really a disadvantage. It isn't hard to keep the scents out, so you need not worry!

Use chlorine vent to supply the ore scrubber.

Hydrogen vent gives free energy!

37 minutes ago, natanstarke said:

Always have at least 10 storage bins for mafic rock and regolith next to farms for temperature regulation.

Nope. Compactors are insulated now.  But hopefully the regolith will still get used for deodorizers and maybe some dropped on the floor?

13 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Sporechid gives excellent decor. Plant them everywhere in your base.

When you reach space, make sure to open up to the rest of the base to let the sunlight and fresh air in.

Don't let people discourage you. Mushbars is an excellent food source for the long term.

Let the sunlight and fresh air in LOL

50 minutes ago, chemie said:

Nope. Compactors are insulated now.  But hopefully the regolith will still get used for deodorizers and maybe some dropped on the floor?

Im pretty sure the bins share some heat i send some rego by mistake in a qol mk 3 base to a green zone in my base and it heated a lot not to super dangerous levels at lleast.

Put lights everywhere theyre energy efficient and necessary.

never use bristle blossom as a food source, they emit floral scents germs, which can be very dangerous. the same is true for buddy buds.

algae terrariums is the best source of oxygen, as they produce oxygen AND remove carbon dioxide.

do not make a refrigirator, instead make a 6x6 room (use insulated tiles) and fill it with flower pots (and a single ration box). put wheezeworts in the flower pots. now you have giant refrigirator that do not use power.

16 hours ago, chemie said:

???That is what you ARE supposed to do

14 hours ago, andrakuz said:

Oops. For some reason I thought iron ore gave the same overheat bonus as Gold amalgam. 

@chemie I must be a noob then 

It was changed in a recent patch. Gold used to be +75C overheat modifier. Iron had no bonus. 
Current patch, iron and gold are both +50C

38 minutes ago, bmilohill said:

It was changed in a recent patch. Gold used to be +75C overheat modifier. Iron had no bonus. 

HA I thought so :D
Couldn't be bothered to launch my game to check. And there aren't sources online that says otherwise.

I'm no noob after all! :D

Morb is free oxygen source, get as many as you can, and place them in different locations around base evenly to assure sufficient O2 supply everywhere.

2. Having more than 3 dupes will make you lose very quickly.

9 hours ago, bmilohill said:

The tool tips could be wrong, but everything is 75C with a modifier.  Copper and iron have no bonus, gold is +50C, and steel is +200C. I have not confirmed in actual operation though.

Over heat temp

Copper and iron = 75C ; Gold = 125C; Steel = 275C

6 minutes ago, chemie said:

Copper and iron = 75C ; Gold = 125C; Steel = 275C.

It`s copper and iron ore at 75oC, and gold amalgam at 125oC. Refined metals all have +50oC.

On topic: An actual bad advice would be to keep repairing an overheating machine.

6 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

It`s copper and iron ore at 75oC, and gold amalgam at 125oC. Refined metals all have +50oC.

On topic: An actual bad advice would be to keep repairing an overheating machine.

Thanks...but the topic was specific to unrefined.  but I should have clarified that.  Of course, that could be another hint for the new players.

Don't worry about refined and unrefined metal construction materials choices, they are all the same in use.

On the contrary, refine all your metal, as you'll want a nice stockpile, and refined is a better building material.

It sucks that that's bad advice, given how much sense it makes.

55 minutes ago, Yunru said:

On the contrary, refine all your metal, as you'll want a nice stockpile, and refined is a better building material.

It sucks that that's bad advice, given how much sense it makes.

definitely refine all copper

Don't put art next to beds. The dupes won't look at them anyway because all they do there is to sleep. Put it in hallways instead and dupes will catch a glimpse of it each time they pass, meaning they get to look at art many times during each work shift.

Let your duplicates make messes on the floor it's free oxygen lock ur duplicates in space If stressed the light is nice

slimelung is healthy get as much as possible

polluted oxygen is the same as normal oxygen

let geysers have access to ur base they always help

dont give duplicates cots their needy and dont need it

get duplicates with destructive trait they will help

if your duplicates are 100% stressed lock them in a room for 20 days minimum make sure it's your power room too.

Set all newly built coal generators to 100, they are most efficient when hey are always full of coal.

Every few cycles, pump some water through your  oil refinery to keep it clean.

Store all your bleach stone in the open, it needs to breathe.

Keep lots of hydrogen at the roof of your base, it will prevent oxygen from escaping.

Liquid Chlorine is the best coolant for the metal refinery.

Archived