Dear Clops Problem

So I made it to day 10 and had everything set up, I had a whole base, I was prepared for winter, spring, and summer by the time winter hit. 

Usually I would take deer clops to a swamp biome and have the tentacles kill him, but there was one problem, it was a very small swamp and I did not have enough tentacles to kill him. Now I just have him sitting in the bottom right hand corner of my map and I am not sure what to do. I got some tentacle spots so I could make a book with my wickerbottom, but  killing clops is not really worth wasting sanity, tentacle spots, and a good book.

what are some good ways of killing dear clops? 

There are many methods but ill tell you my favorite. Get a walking cane and lure dragonfly away from arena until she fly away, then run back to her spawn spot and build a sign. On the night of day 30th grab your thermal stone and chill by the lava. Soon you'll hear loud noises of fighting in the night, go quickly grab popcorn and as the sun rises watch them fight to death for you!. Lure the winner (always dfly) and grab the loot. Alternatively, farming trees + tree guards or beequeen is also fun. Theres always the good ol building a camp fire(not pit) and tanking next to it so he cant freeze you.

Dear Clops,

Why are you bothering us?

Honestly the cheapest way to kill him is just kite him with a hambat and a head armor just in case, hit him 3 times and dodge, he ain't got that much health. But there are other ways if u don't want to risk getting hit, you can still damage him a bunch with the tentacles you have and finish the job yourself or with some spiders(tho i'm not sure spiders might eat the eye so i won't risk it). 

Treeguards are also very great helpers do to their high health, they will do massive damage to him until they die, i would say 2 of them if fought separately will probably kill him, so you could lure him to some dense packed forest to try spawn some. 

And then there's tooth traps, fairly cheap to make but you will need quite a few. 

Those would be my prefered options as wicker, since i usually play wolfgang i just tank him for about 1 minute or so just avoiding the freeze hit.

if it was not for the bosses this game would be super easy, I was disappointed though, when I killed bearger with 26 gun powder 2 tentacles and 1 hit from my tenti spike. it was funny at first but now I am sad. once you get past the first summer its smooth sailing. also deer clops despawned so I have to wait to kill him again.

Thx for suggestions, I think I will do the dragon fly one. does dragon fly keep the damage deer clops does to it, I would like to kill her too.

2 hours ago, Syalin said:

if it was not for the bosses this game would be super easy, I was disappointed though, when I killed bearger with 26 gun powder 2 tentacles and 1 hit from my tenti spike. it was funny at first but now I am sad. once you get past the first summer its smooth sailing. also deer clops despawned so I have to wait to kill him again.

Thx for suggestions, I think I will do the dragon fly one. does dragon fly keep the damage deer clops does to it, I would like to kill her too.

Yes she does but you have to kill dragonfly directly afterward. If you go out of the desert and then try to fight her, she will have all of her healt back.

Archived