steam just scummed me

Gagarin-ace

23 minutes ago, axxel said:

That's why I asked these questions. If you fell for some kind of scam like teamspeak scam you cannot get your items back. Steam Gifts can be refunded. Explain the situation why you refund. Steam support should be able to help f you use 2 step Steam Guard with mobile phone and you have a greater chance to get some money/items back.

What itches me that you should got a SMS code when they tried to remove the phone number. Maybe contact your mobile phone service could help? This may give you the proof to show Steam Service you aren't a scammer.

steam agree i was hacked, steam agree my items was stolen, but they don give a fock about it

show me any example ever someone refund gift, i ll wait

9 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Steam isn't ( obviously DUH ) responsible for keeping your email safe, you are.

did i say somewhere steam responsible to keep my email safe? 

so much noncence on this topic

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Ofc is your duty to protect yourself as best as you can. One guy says "you shoudnt think its your fault. steam has do take care about their service. no matter what you did wrong" - this is pure madness. Is like saying "I go bareback at a run-of-the-mill brothel, got a tone of STDs and... is the government fault". Trololoco! You shouldn't use dubious 3rd party sites for purchases/log-ins, you shouldn't access links from fresh or even moderately known Steam "friends" (more-so if this implies some form of log-in, .EXE, etc), you shouldn't share mail addresses, keep a very strong password on your email, and ofc be extra vigil when dealing with those mentioned games - as they are a fertile ground for scammers and cheaters, even more so if you have valuable items in their respective accounts. Also people, not just you, stop being greedy: if a shady deal is too good to be true... most likely is a scam!

Now it happened. You want your inventory gifts back. If Steam said... tough luck, try looking in your country's legislation regarding these matters. What says your local law about this? And most importantly have proof of all mentioned things above.

you say you shoudnt do these things. and i agree. but that doesnt mean if you do it that its fine you get robbed. thats ******** bro. 

for example if you go in a shop and you break by mistake bottles of vine which are worth 100.000€ then you dont need to pay anything cause the shop has to place the bottles of vine in a way so you cant break them by mistake.

if you run in the shop and break them by intention then you need to pay them.

using dubious 3.rd party sites isnt anything illegal. clicking on links from your friends isnt illegal. sharing your mail adress isnt illegal.having 123 as your password isnt illegal.

so pls stop telling that if you arent carefully then its your own fault. the company have to provide a service where you cant be robbed if you arent careful.

if you choose for yourself its your fault then fine. but for example in my case i always fought them and i always got evrything back and they always said sry. 

so you say if i post my password now here and you guys delete all my skins then i wont get them back xxxD thats hilarious.

actually i agree with you they wont give them back to me but like i said... they have to refund my money.

they can argue that giving me my skins back would inflate the market and fine but giving me my money back doesnt do anything to the game and market. so you get always your money back

in this case its a bit different cause he didnt pay for the gifts. if he wants to refund then he sve to refund his dst version. but with his version is evrything fine.

Steam does protect but it isnt perfect like any security system. I was notified before by Steam through e-mail that two people tried to get access to my account and it fortunately failed, but it just unlikely takes a very skilled or well-informed cracker to succeed on their own.

Since then I have been using phone authentication too. You dont even need a cell phone for that, android emulators will do, like Bluestacks.

Give a homeless man your keys, and they could drive it to their mansion, never to be seen again. The scammer wins, fault is not a matter in this scenario.  Plus, it is fairly obvious that if you give away information to people that are untrustworthy, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to realize that you are breaching your own security. I will say that Steam is not being inherently terrible, they are just being overly paranoid. Name 10 games with a good economy, and I will find you a liar for half of them. This is what happens when you allow skins to be traded for actual money, and the like. They can be traded, sure, but they should never be allowed actual monetization in my opinion, no matter how convenient or profitable, it leads to this sort of scenario. But yea, just don't feed your information, this isn't world where the trust system is in place for everyone. It isn't the scammer/whomever that you fell to their scheme. I am also not saying you are inherently inferior for being fooled so easily. Also, I agree, ever since the Mobile Authenticator was tossed in to the fray, Steam has just gotten inconvenient. The security is not exactly useful for anything, in fact if you are paranoid the holdout is much better to have as you can pretty easily check in and cancel it. Bottom line is:

deepfried_1557489718949.png

10 hours ago, Mack Swell said:

Give a homeless man your keys, and they could drive it to their mansion, never to be seen again. The scammer wins, fault is not a matter in this scenario.  Plus, it is fairly obvious that if you give away information to people that are untrustworthy, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to realize that you are breaching your own security. I will say that Steam is not being inherently terrible, they are just being overly paranoid. Name 10 games with a good economy, and I will find you a liar for half of them. This is what happens when you allow skins to be traded for actual money, and the like. They can be traded, sure, but they should never be allowed actual monetization in my opinion, no matter how convenient or profitable, it leads to this sort of scenario. But yea, just don't feed your information, this isn't world where the trust system is in place for everyone. It isn't the scammer/whomever that you fell to their scheme. I am also not saying you are inherently inferior for being fooled so easily. Also, I agree, ever since the Mobile Authenticator was tossed in to the fray, Steam has just gotten inconvenient. The security is not exactly useful for anything, in fact if you are paranoid the holdout is much better to have as you can pretty easily check in and cancel it. Bottom line is:

deepfried_1557489718949.png

are you out of mind? did you ever give your login and password to unknown people? i dont know, maybe not (or)

then why tf you think averyone around you so stupid to do it? like almost everyone here think same

26g2kb.jpg

are you gues really so stupid? i wrote: my email was hacked, do you know what it means?

14 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

are you gues really so stupid? i wrote: my email was hacked, do you know what it means?

22 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

i was hacked by email (yeh, its my fault of low mail protection,

mmmmm

Mmmmmm...

let me explain situation for those who still not understand a thing:

someone steel my keys from my house

inside house was garage where was separate lock with separate key. and to enter this room must be phone call to my number from police which ask me password to turn off alarm and let me in.

so, thief saw this room and just call the police from his phone, say he lost key, he forget password, he lost previous phone and dont need phone calls anymore.

police just say ok, pal, if you are saying you are inside that house - you must be owner. we will do whatever you want

police come to my house, unlock that room, dissarm alarm and take new phone from thief - thx bro for using our police to secure your home

after few days i come to my home and find out door lock was switched, i try to go to garage and there was no eccess too

so i call police, whats wrong with my garage, why you dont protect it, coz  you made me buy extra locks and set an alarm. did alarm works, did that lock was unlocked by my key? where is all protection systems u made me to use?

so police open my garage once again and i see no car there, but in neigbouts yard was my car.

- hey, police, look, its my car, can u return it back to me?
- sorry, no, we will not bue you a new car for you, coz it will made inflation...

- what? you dont have to bue a new car, return me my old cad whick placed on neighbours yard
- sorry, we dont do this, read our rules

15 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

for example if you go in a shop and you break by mistake bottles of vine which are worth 100.000€ then you dont need to pay anything cause the shop has to place the bottles of vine in a way so you cant break them by mistake.

what the fuuu...

Of course you have to pay in that case if you break them even by mistake.

Also Gagarin should just trade the skins for Good Boy PointsTM and not real money.

2 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

im just here for fun to see how amazingly intelligent you and some other are here xxxD

Remind me again: who got scammed for their Steam account?

On 5/10/2019 at 9:32 AM, Gagarin-ace said:

..i was hacked by email (yeh, its my fault of low mail protection,..

fully_competent

negligence and incompetence, stupidity and ignorance are welcomed, and only one of the members of the forum I found sound thinking.
Good luck, I wish you to be robbed, because you carry the keys in your pocket, not in your stomach, let someone shoot you on the street, because you do not have a bulletproof vest, let your bank take over your savings, because you did not know about changes to their rules, and let your child get hit by a drunk driver on the road, because you didn’t protect him, and I hope you will be infected with some kind of deadly disease in your hospital, because you haven’t checked all employees on fbi database
hard to live your life, i was wrong created this topic

3 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

you carry the keys in your pocket, not in your stomach

+_81f083f606243e06fee7ff0604f49b38.jpg

I genuinelly think you are in the wrong.

3 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

Good luck, I wish you to be robbed, because you carry the keys in your pocket, not in your stomach, let someone shoot you on the street, because you do not have a bulletproof vest, let your bank take over your savings, because you did not know about changes to their rules, and let your child get hit by a drunk driver on the road, because you didn’t protect him, and I hope you will be infected with some kind of deadly disease in your hospital, because you haven’t checked all employees on fbi database
hard to live your life,

Your Steam got hacked because you were reckless with your email protection.

In the first case to make it similiar to yours we would need to cut a literal hole in the pocket.

Getting shot for no reason on the street is in no way comparable to you literally leaking your email open to someone on the internet.

A bank taking your savings is highly impossible, unless it's one of these shady-butt scamming banks, in this case it would be comparable if you sent an official letter to the bank to be able to take your money.

Getting a child hit by a drunk diver is still not comparable to your case unless you literally push the frikking child into the driveway.

And last case is really hard to understand; How I am supposed to protect myself from getting infected with ligma or whatsinthesedays by looking at an Inteligence Agency's database?

An intelligence agency is a government agency responsible for the collection, analysis, and exploitation of information in support of law enforcement, national security, military, and foreign policy objectives.

Not exactly an agency that would care nor collect information whether my nurse Parry is infected with a strain of a disease.

Archived