steam just scummed me

Gagarin-ace

its not topic about DST, just notification for users who have low password on email
i was hacked by email (yeh, its my fault of low mail protection, topic not about it)
so, hacker get access to my email, reset steam password, delete phone number from steam and delete mobile authentificator from steam (i only got sms told that phone was removed from account)
when i return access to my account i was little surpriced... little later...

so, you think steam protect your account? maybe you think you have to know phone number to remove it? or u think mobile authentificator save your account and it cant be removed without knowing codes or password or phone? lol NO!
maybe you hope steam will block items for 15 days after switching mail, password or computer? lol NO!
steam dont protect steam gifts, steam dont protect wallet, steam dont protect ingame items (if it DST game - they can be convert to spoons, in csgo, pubg, tf2  - keys can be used)

so, i return my account, log in and there was no money, no gifts and miss some ingame items

first of all i checked gift history - all of them gone to one person, i even dont know who is he
when i contact steam support and say i was hacked and i want return my gifts - steam support say they never return items back, they dont care about it, i can only send report to that user (i even dont know if he is real hacker or bue that gifts on 3rd websites and ral hacker just send them to him).
actually steam supporting hackers on that situation, i was little surpriced

PLS PROTECT YOUR EMAILS WITH ALL POSSIBLE WAYS, STEAM SECURE AND PROTECTION SYSTEMS DONT WORK AT ALL!

i m still waiting answer about returning me email, but its a whole new story...

p.s. i wonder what if it will be real word and police say they dont want to search my stolen car?

i create topic here because its most active part of forum, and i really want to help others here (on steam forum i was banned for same topic)

3 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

its not topic about DST, just notification for users who have low password on email
i was hacked by email (yeh, its my fault of low mail protection, topic not about it)
so, hacker get access to my email, reset steam password, delete phone number from steam and delete mobile authentificator from steam (i only got sms told that phone was removed from account)
when i return access to my account i was little surpriced... little later...

so, you think steam protect your account? it will block items for 15 days? lol NO! steam dont protect steam gifts, steam dont protect wallet, steam dont protect ingame items (if it DST game - they can be convert to spoons, in csgo, pubg, tf2  - keys can be used)

so, i return my account, log in and there was no money, gifts and some ingame items

first of all i checked gift history - all of them gone to one person, i even dont know who is he
when i contact steam support and say i was hacked and i want return my gifts - steam support say they never return items back, they dont care about it, i can only send report to that user (i even dont know if he is real hacker or bue that gifts on 3rd websites and ral hacker just send them to him).
actually steam supporting hackers on that situation, i was little surpriced

PLS PROTECT YOUR EMAILS WITH ALL POSSIBLE WAYS, STEAM SECURE AND PROTECTION SYSTEMS DONT WORK AT ALL!

i m still waiting answer about returning me email, but its a whole new story...

p.s. i wonder what if it will be real word and police say they dont want to search my stolen car?

i create topic here because its most active part of forum, and i really want to help others here (on steam forum i was banned for same topic)

Feels bad man. I visited your account some time ago and at least your DST collection wasn't really touched because I rememeber the big number of some distinguished items. First of all you should check your PC and/or your mobile system for malicious files. Check your account activity and steam guard mails. They have the location and IP for every login attempt. Change every password immediately and use better pws. Learn your mistake and don't click on everything that requires a login or these giveaway codes, never use 3rd websites for "steam things", never give id/pw to anyone and be suspicious to traders and tradelinks and don't let family members on your steam account.

I'd wouldn't say Steam doesn't care. If you're the rightful owner of your account and can proof this you should get everything back. Steam service takes their time because these are just a "handful" people and others need help, too.

Out of curiosity: are you playing fairly frequently CS (any variant but mostly CS:GO), DOTA and/or TF2?

Have you sent your e-mail to any contact in your Steam list of friends or posted it in some thread in Steam or the like?

Do you use 3rd party website for CS keys and similar?

people, learn to analyse information: i m telling you that steam dont protect a thing at your account and all steam protection dont work  totally

and you asking me which games i play and did i send anyone my mail. pls dont do it, u dissapoint me a lot

you shoudnt think its your fault. steam has do take care about their service. no matter what you did wrong. you just need to tell them you want to refund all your stolen things. they have and will do it. no matter what they say in their terms of condition. its always the country you live in the law counts.

for example in germany you can refund evrything if its something wrong with it. i was playing an app on apple and after 1 year my account got reseted cause of cheating. i dont know till today how its even possible to cheat/hack an app. i told them to refund my money cause they coudnt restore my account. the company of the app said no but then i told them np im gonna refund it threw apple and apple had to gave me all my money back which i spent more then a year ago. and apple did and said sry. ive refunded so much in app purchases in so much games on apple...

other example is google store. they say they refund only till 2hours after you bought it. thats a joke cause the law of my country says 1-5 years. you just have to message google store you know the law and you want refund and they give your money back. no matter how long ago you bought it.

the problem is the companies try to say no and if you dont react in the right way then you wont get it back.

i would go crazy if thats happen to me. gl hope you get your items and money back

6 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

people, learn to analyse information: i m telling you that steam dont protect a thing at your account and all steam protection dont work  totally

and you asking me which games i play and did i send anyone my mail. pls dont do it, u dissapoint me a lot

bro we believe you thats steam doesnt protect us. but they have to give it back to you. there is no way around. you cant get hacked on steam and nothing happens. if so then ive the wrong job xD you know someone who teaches hacking? xxxD jk

4 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

you shoudnt think its your fault. steam has do take care about their service. no matter what you did wrong. you just need to tell them you want to refund all your stolen things. they have and will do it. no matter what they say in their terms of condition. its always the country you live in the law counts.

for example in germany you can refund evrything if its something wrong with it. i was playing an app on apple and after 1 year my account got reseted cause of cheating. i dont know till today how its even possible to cheat/hack an app. i told them to refund my money cause they coudnt restore my account. the company of the app said no but then i told them np im gonna refund it threw apple and apple had to gave me all my money back which i spent more then a year ago. and apple did and said sry. ive refunded so much in app purchases in so much games on apple...

other example is google store. they say they refund only till 2hours after you bought it. thats a joke cause the law of my country says 1-5 years. you just have to message google store you know the law and you want refund and they give your money back. no matter how long ago you bought it.

the problem is the companies try to say no and if you dont react in the right way then you wont get it back.

i would go crazy if thats happen to me. gl hope you get your items and money back

i can copypaste answer of steam support about my gifts here....

whom i have to contact to about returning my gifts back?

(money is a smallest part of i lost, most walueble are gifts)

12 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

i can copypaste answer of steam support about my gifts here....

whom i have to contact to about returning my gifts back?

(money is a smallest part of i lost, most walueble are gifts)

you mean skins? gifts=skins?

you have to contact the support. you need to tell them YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK!!! and that you know your rights. you want all refunded what got stolen.

like i said i did this very often. online and in real shops. they never said no after i told them this.

if it happens that they still say no then you need a lawyer which sends them a letter and then they will do it immidiatly. but that wont happen. i never needed a lawyer. often you need to contact another employee. im not sure if thats a strat of the companies that the first employeer says no and then you dont stop and when you contact the next employee and tell him that you didnt get any help of the first then he will help you. this way the company would safe a lot of money threw most people stop trying after 1 request.

so just dont give up. also the law doesnt say they have to help you immidiatly. unfortunately it can take weeks or months

I was scammed from all my TF2 items and I almost lost my account. The guy used fake sites that looked like legit Steam pages to trick me he hacked into my account and can change my password if I won't give him all my items. So I gave him everything and then in the end he presented me with a choice: either delete the account or give him my Steam Guard key to "remove the account from hacking program". This is where I came to my senses and blocked him immediately.

I then reported it both to SteamRep, a community site marking people for scamming for others to know, and to Steam Support.

Both of them didn't care: SteamRep said they don't accept that kind of scam since the guy that scammed me used other account he stole. And SteamRep said they won't return any of my items because "the only way we could do that would be to duplicate those items, and that would cause inflation". They didn't do anything to the scammer, he got away with everything, and steam closed my ticket when I left a lenghty yet still respectable comment on how their policy doesn't work and literary encourages stealing...

Do not trust Steam. If you get scammed, you are f***ed, Steam doesn't care, community doesn't care, nobody cares except you.

I lost over $300 with that scam and could lose EVERYTHING if I didn't block that guy in the end.

2 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

you mean skins? gifts=skins?

you have to contact the support. you need to tell them YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK!!! and that you know your rights. you want all refunded what got stolen.

like i said i did this very often. online and in real shops. they never said no after i told them this.

if it happens that they still say no then you need a lawyer which sends them a letter and then they will do it immidiatly. but that wont happen. i never needed a lawyer. often you need to contact another employee. im not sure if thats a strat of the companies that the first employeer says no and then you dont stop and when you contact the next employee and tell him that you didnt get any help of the first then he will help you. this way the company would safe a lot of money threw most people stop trying after 1 request.

so just dont give up. also the law doesnt say they have to help you immidiatly. unfortunately it can take weeks or months

steam gift its game, not activated yet, but its stored on inventory

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i have mobile authentificator and my Email belongs to my mother whats the best course of action for me?

as i say; if someone get acess to your email - than steam password, steam mobile authentificator and connection to phone number dont cost a thing, steam support will delete them by email request

also if you hope that your inventory will be blocked after u was hacked - dont be so naive, its not

also, as sad steam will tell you ********

12 minutes ago, MrNaxeros said:

"the only way we could do that would be to duplicate those items, and that would cause inflation"

so mail is only protection of your account ! be carefull with email

16 minutes ago, MrNaxeros said:

I was scammed from all my TF2 items and I almost lost my account. The guy used fake sites that looked like legit Steam pages to trick me he hacked into my account and can change my password if I won't give him all my items. So I gave him everything and then in the end he presented me with a choice: either delete the account or give him my Steam Guard key to "remove the account from hacking program". This is where I came to my senses and blocked him immediately.

I then reported it both to SteamRep, a community site marking people for scamming for others to know, and to Steam Support.

Both of them didn't care: SteamRep said they don't accept that kind of scam since the guy that scammed me used other account he stole. And SteamRep said they won't return any of my items because "the only way we could do that would be to duplicate those items, and that would cause inflation". They didn't do anything to the scammer, he got away with everything, and steam closed my ticket when I left a lenghty yet still respectable comment on how their policy doesn't work and literary encourages stealing...

Do not trust Steam. If you get scammed, you are f***ed, Steam doesn't care, community doesn't care, nobody cares except you.

I lost over $300 with that scam and could lose EVERYTHING if I didn't block that guy in the end.

the problem with this is you could be a scammer. scammer could makes such things and then report themself to steam and rob steam money.

thats why sometimes its "your fault". but normally if you never do anything illegal on steam then there shoudnt be big problems to get evrything back.

i dont know what you did wrong in your case but there have to be something

This whole thing is on you , not on Steam.

You did a stupid move and got hacked, that's all there is to it.

Your mail address should be the thing you protect the most given that it gives access to any website you logged in with it.

Steam can't control everything, they have nothing to do with Don't starve giving you the ability to transform your items into a virtual currency or CS:GO and TF2 allowing you to open crates.

I do agree that if you change your mail they should also freeze access to things related to wallet.

Just now, BeliarBAD said:

the problem with this is you could be a scammer. scammer could makes such things and then report themself to steam and rob steam money.

thats why sometimes its "your fault". but normally if you never do anything illegal on steam then there shoudnt be big problems to get evrything back.

i dont know what you did wrong in your case but there have to be something

Check for yourself then: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198109754540-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.188048/#post-500494

I don't know if it counts but I have VAC ban from Call of Duty: Modern Warfrare 2, which was given over 10 years ago and it was fully justified... I could instead just make another account and be completly clean so if they cared about that ban it would be yet another issue with their policy.

2 minutes ago, Angibot said:

This whole thing is on you , not on Steam.

You did a stupid move and got hacked, that's all there is to it.

Your mail address should be the thing you protect the most given that it gives access to any website you logged in with it.

Steam can't control everything, they have nothing to do with Don't starve giving you the ability to transform your items into a virtual currency or CS:GO and TF2 allowing you to open crates.

I do agree that if you change your mail they should also freeze access to things related to wallet.

thats not true man. people think that cause it always get spreaded. even if you give someone your email with password. hes still is not allowed to rob you. imagine you give someone your key to your car. is it your fault he stole it? for sure not. and we arent talking about insurance. the internet isnt a place on the moon. its the same law like evrything else. just most people dont know it thats why the companies try to scam you. i always got my money back. and honestly often it was my fault and i did some weird things but i still got my money back. 

7 minutes ago, MrNaxeros said:

Check for yourself then: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198109754540-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.188048/#post-500494

I don't know if it counts but I have VAC ban from Call of Duty: Modern Warfrare 2, which was given over 10 years ago and it was fully justified... I could instead just make another account and be completly clean so if they cared about that ban it would be yet another issue with their policy.

bro im scared to click on your link.... xD

like i said i dunno what was the problem with your account. i dont say its because of the ban. maybe you just needed to not give up emailing them. also normally if you have a problem with something you bought then you need a lawyer and he manage it for you. but in the internet no one uses lawyers. so no wonder we dont get our right

@BeliarBAD

I get your point but sometimes there are things you shouldn't share with anyone unless it's a person you know very well IRL or something.

You don't share your mail address with people because things like that happens, but sadly people still do it, sometimes nothing will happens but most of the time they get punished for trusting the wrong person.

You won't let someone borrow your car if you don't know them well , it's something expensive and it's not like giving a 5$ hat to someone you know a little.

I think this Steam rant shouldn't continue. You said the items were transfered to one guy. Changing the phone number will give you at least a trade restriction. If you were logging in every day you should notice that. What did you do? 

14 minutes ago, axxel said:

I think this Steam rant shouldn't continue. You said the items were transfered to one guy. Changing the phone number will give you at least a trade restriction. If you were logging in every day you should notice that. What did you do? 

do you understand difference between steam items and steam gifts? i m talking about gifts, they are not protected

26 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

the internet isnt a place on the moon

you talking great things, but you dont answer: who i have to contact to return my gifts back?

3 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

do you understand difference between steam items and steam gifts? i m talking about gifts, they are not protected

you talking great things, but you dont answer: who i have to contact to return my gifts back?

i dont know who you could contact then the steam support.

and now i understand you. you want your dst copy back in your inventory which you can send to a friend?

normally you should just write steam support and they change it back

15 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

i dont know who you could contact then the steam support.

and know i understand you. you want your dst copy back in your inventory which you can send to a friend?

normally you should just write steam support and they change it back

here is a list of gifts i lost if its important

Снимок.PNG

i already contact steam support, they say they will not do a thing

Just saying because you apparently lost some items. I think you meant "trading away and expect nothing in return". 

But do log in at least a day? The hacker should have full access to your account for 1 day and you didn't notice. They gain nothing if you report them since the games are removed for them. Try to evoke the gifts. If you have proof that your account was hacked Steam should be able to refund them. If you had purchased the games and have proof you should be able to get all games back. Don't give up and be nice and informative to the Steam support and they are willing to help you.

12 minutes ago, axxel said:

Just saying because you apparently lost some items. I think you meant "trading away and expect nothing in return". 

But do log in at least a day? The hacker should have full access to your account for 1 day and you didn't notice. They gain nothing if you report them since the games are removed for them. Try to evoke the gifts. If you have proof that your account was hacked Steam should be able to refund them. If you had purchased the games and have proof you should be able to get all games back. Don't give up and be nice and informative to the Steam support and they are willing to help you.

lost? i was robbed, gifts was stolen, no matter what i expect to do with them: trade, give for free, activate to my own account

here is original answer from steam support (google translate)

Spoiler

https://translate.google.com.ua/#view=home&op=translate&sl=ru&tl=en&text=Здравствуйте! Я понимаю%2C насколько неприятно потерять свои предметы. К сожалению%2C поддержка Steam не восстанавливает предметы%2C даже если вы были обмануты другим пользователем или ваш аккаунт был украден. Поддержка Steam не забирает предметы с аккаунтов%2C из-за этого нам пришлось бы создать копии утерянных предметов%2C чтобы восстановить их. Подобное копирование приводит к снижению стоимости всех предметов за счет увеличения их количества в экономике и%2C как следствие%2C к финансовым потерям для всех%2C кто обменивается предметами или пользуется торговой площадкой Steam. В целях защиты стоимости инвентарей всех пользователей%2C мы не копируем утерянные предметы. Чтобы мы смогли принять соответствующие меры против мошенника и предотвратить получение прибыли от подобной деятельности в будущем%2C обязательно оставьте жалобу на него в Сообществе Steam. Чтобы узнать как не стать жертвой мошенничества в будущем%2C ознакомьтесь с ЧаВо о мошенничестве. Best Regards%2C Lesya

2 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

Ofc is your duty to protect yourself as best as you can. One guy says "you shoudnt think its your fault. steam has do take care about their service. no matter what you did wrong" - this is pure madness. Is like saying "I go bareback at a run-of-the-mill brothel, got a tone of STDs and... is the government fault". Trololoco! You shouldn't use dubious 3rd party sites for purchases/log-ins, you shouldn't access links from fresh or even moderately known Steam "friends" (more-so if this implies some form of log-in, .EXE, etc), you shouldn't share mail addresses, keep a very strong password on your email, and ofc be extra vigil when dealing with those mentioned games - as they are a fertile ground for scammers and cheaters, even more so if you have valuable items in their respective accounts. Also people, not just you, stop being greedy: if a shady deal is too good to be true... most likely is a scam!

Now it happened. You want your inventory gifts back. If Steam said... tough luck, try looking in your country's legislation regarding these matters. What says your local law about this? And most importantly have proof of all mentioned things above.

1 hour ago, Gagarin-ace said:

lost? i was robbed, gifts was stolen, no matter what i expect to do with them: trade, give for free, activate to my own account

here is original answer from steam support (google translate)

Hide contents

https://translate.google.com.ua/#view=home&op=translate&sl=ru&tl=en&text=Здравствуйте! Я понимаю%2C насколько неприятно потерять свои предметы. К сожалению%2C поддержка Steam не восстанавливает предметы%2C даже если вы были обмануты другим пользователем или ваш аккаунт был украден. Поддержка Steam не забирает предметы с аккаунтов%2C из-за этого нам пришлось бы создать копии утерянных предметов%2C чтобы восстановить их. Подобное копирование приводит к снижению стоимости всех предметов за счет увеличения их количества в экономике и%2C как следствие%2C к финансовым потерям для всех%2C кто обменивается предметами или пользуется торговой площадкой Steam. В целях защиты стоимости инвентарей всех пользователей%2C мы не копируем утерянные предметы. Чтобы мы смогли принять соответствующие меры против мошенника и предотвратить получение прибыли от подобной деятельности в будущем%2C обязательно оставьте жалобу на него в Сообществе Steam. Чтобы узнать как не стать жертвой мошенничества в будущем%2C ознакомьтесь с ЧаВо о мошенничестве. Best Regards%2C Lesya

That's why I asked these questions. If you fell for some kind of scam like teamspeak scam you cannot get your items back. Steam Gifts can be refunded. Explain the situation why you refund. Steam support should be able to help f you use 2 step Steam Guard with mobile phone and you have a greater chance to get some money/items back.

What itches me that you should got a SMS code when they tried to remove the phone number. Maybe contact your mobile phone service could help? This may give you the proof to show Steam Service you aren't a scammer.

Archived