Iron Hulk Lore...

I was thinking about the new Iron Hulk recently, and I had a few ideas on what the possible lore could be. Klei stated that it was something that was used in a war, a long time ago. And that got me thinking. Since the Iron Hulks seem more like something that was created by the Ancients, not the Pigs in Hamlet, I think that there could have been a war between the Ancients and the Hamlet Pigs a long time ago. That also might explain why the Iron Hulk absolutely REFUSES to target the Ancient Herald, due to the fact that it is likely one of the Ancients.

I assumed it was made by a separate advanced society, not the Ancients. It just doesn't fit their architecture or technological prowess. I remember someone saying that the machine was built to fight Shadow Creatures, but I'm not sure where they got that from.

As for the Pig Ruins and the Iron Hulk, I think there was either some sort of war between the two groups, or the Pig Ruins were established long after the fall of the Ancients.

7 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I remember someone saying that the machine was built to fight Shadow Creatures, but I'm not sure where they got that from.

The idea has been tossed around a bit, by myself included, because it's one of few mobs that can target Shadow Creatures. Not to mention, all the pieces activate during the Aporkalypse meaning it was meant to serve some purpose during that event, and the two facts add up to a fairly logical conclusion.

All speculation of course, but it makes a pinch of sense.

My theory is that the ancients made the hulk as a defense against the mants. It is meant to fight a war, and the mants are described as "war based society." The mants become very hostile during the aporkalypse, with the war paint.

I think the ancients built the hulk, because it is made of the same gears as the clockworks.

could be possible that it was a robot designed to fight against shadow creatures or the aporkalypse, but was used and destroyed before then whenever it happened was possible recent judging by the war zone the hulk pieces are found in, they still have craters and looks like its still recovering by the random grass patches.

2 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

could be possible that it was a robot designed to fight against shadow creatures or the aporkalypse, but was used and destroyed before then whenever it happened was possible recent judging by the war zone the hulk pieces are found in, they still have craters and looks like its still recovering by the random grass patches.

but there are no signs of tools used for building said hulk nor factorises or traces of any technology the Hulk poses, The Iron Hulk is something completely out of DS world from my own idea cause it seems to have no connection with any word except for something like a Terminator sent from Future by Skynet in an Colonial Era world...

MAYBE there can be another island which will have all this tech and ruins where the Hulk was made and we will get a better idea where it came from and why was it even made.

or maybe it was made by Wagstaff like WX-78 cause the Hulk looks a lot like WX in design and colour.

10 minutes ago, MWY said:

but there are no signs of tools used for building said hulk nor factorises or traces of any technology the Hulk poses, The Iron Hulk is something completely out of DS world from my own idea cause it seems to have no connection with any word except for something like a Terminator sent from Future by Skynet in an Colonial Era world...

MAYBE there can be another island which will have all this tech and ruins where the Hulk was made and we will get a better idea where it came from and why was it even made.

or maybe it was made by Wagstaff like WX-78 cause the Hulk looks a lot like WX in design and colour.

Would such tools still be found? We don't know how old the hulk is we just know that its currently destroyed who or what made it is probably long gone we don't even know what destroyed it, and there wouldn't be factories for one robot. 

and wagstaff is also asking questions.

"Who built this beautiful cranium? I have many questions!”

–Wagstaff, when examining the Head

Just now, Computer-7 said:

Would such tools still be found? We don't know how old the hulk is we just know that its currently destroyed what or who made it is probably long gone we don't even know what destroyed it, and there wouldn't be factories for one robot. 

and wagstaff is also asking questions.

"Who built this beautiful cranium? I have many questions!”

–Wagstaff, when examining the Head

that's what I'm asking as well, see the Ruins in DS for example, they leave a lot of evidence behind on the over use of Shadow fuel and its eventual effects on the entire world of DS in general. Many things like Shadow Technologies and contraptions also exist that serve as both, a Warning and Clues about an Ancient Civilisation,

Also its weird that the Civilized Pigs seem to be only using Iron in Halberds and Helmets but nothing else more advanced then that, they aren't even using any Gear related contraptions except for fridges inside grocery stores.

My guess as to why there are no tools left over is because they were all removed. I thing the ancient used to live in the mountains, but were chased out by the Roc/winter. They took everything except for the hulk, because the hulk was do damaged.

2 hours ago, Mooagain said:

My guess as to why there are no tools left over is because they were all removed. I thing the ancient used to live in the mountains, but were chased out by the Roc/winter. They took everything except for the hulk, because the hulk was do damaged.

but weren't the ancients primitive until they got the fuel? How would they make a super robot before that point, I also doubt they lived where hamlet takes place cause, they would have taken iron with them as they did the gems especially since with that iron they would have made a super weapon. 

I'm just not convinced that the same people who made the Clockworks are the same people who made the Iron Hulk.

latest?cb=20130901073235latest?cb=20130901073212latest?cb=20130723082917

The Clockworks have a much more organic appearance and shape and are based on actual creatures. They're visually of lesser craftsmanship than the Iron Hulk, with much more visible plate seams, bolts, and hinges. For the most part they attack with basic melee charges, save for the Clockwork Bishop, which attacks with a bright yellow electricity bolt. They're described as being powered by cogs (gears), and are evidently powered by electrical wiring as well.

latest?cb=20181118154446latest?cb=20181130015151latest?cb=20181201224400latest?cb=20181201224359latest?cb=20190509182131

The Iron Hulk and its parts have a much more inorganic appearance, with more sharp edges and shapes, and is visually built sturdier than the Clockworks. It glows and shoots bright red lasers and explosive mines, and is seemingly powered by some sort of unknown glowing green energy source, which displays strange markings and runes, and can keep its parts functioning even when completely disassembled, as well as gears.

Pretty much the one thing they have in common is that they incorporate gears into their functioning.

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Pretty much the one thing they have in common is that they incorporate gears into their functioning.

I don't have a clue where those gears are it seems like it uses more magnets than it does gears

Not only those points above, but I always was under the impression that the collapse of the Ancient society was very swift and overpowering, considering just how ****** the Ruins are. I very much doubt that they were fighting for days against a gradual stream of Shadow Creatures, a threat which they seemingly never perceived, rather than the Shadow Creatures bursting out at once and subsuming the civilization. I doubt they had time to retreat to the surface and build a war machine, assuming it was built to combat Shadow Creatures. Even if it wasn't built for that purpose, or even during the fall of the civilization, it seems very out of place to be on the surface if it was indeed built by the Ancients, since there are no remnants of the Ancient civilization on the surface (because they never went back up there once they discovered the fuel) except for Clockworks which Maxwell put there for his own purposes.

There is also another point I failed to mentioned before, which is that the Iron Hulk has literally no connection to Nightmare Fuel.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Not only those points above, but I always was under the impression that the collapse of the Ancient society was very swift and overpowering, considering just how ****** the Ruins are. I very much doubt that they were fighting for days against a gradual stream of Shadow Creatures, a threat which they seemingly never perceived, rather than the Shadow Creatures bursting out at once and subsuming the civilization. I doubt they had time to retreat to the surface and build a war machine, assuming it was built to combat Shadow Creatures. Even if it wasn't built for that purpose, or even during the fall of the civilization, it seems very out of place to be on the surface if it was indeed built by the Ancients, since there are no remnants of the Ancient civilization on the surface (because they never went back up there once they discovered the fuel) except for Clockworks which Maxwell put there for his own purposes.

There is also another point I failed to mentioned before, which is that the Iron Hulk has literally no connection to Nightmare Fuel.

That's what I also feel greatly perplexed about,

you are probably right that The Hulk was made to combat the Shadows with Ancient Herald being the biggest reason.

But it's origin remains completely unknown because it seems to have no connection with anything in DS world except for Iron and Gears at most.

Ancient Civilisation might have some connection but the Hulk looks too much futuristic compared to the Civilisation which appeared more Aztec/Mystic like.

And lack of Magic/Shadow influence is also another point.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

also the ancients might be shadow creatures, which then why would they make a robot designed to defeat themselves.

7 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

also the ancients might be shadow creatures, which then why would they make a robot designed to defeat themselves.

Assuming you mean the Ancients transforming into higher beings when they discovered the fuel, I never took it that they turned into Shadow Creatures or some sort of shadow being; I took it that it just "evolved" them or imbued them with some sort of power, advanced them from the pitiful and scared insect creatures that they were.

Or assuming you're talking about during the fall of the civilization when they were possibly corrupted into Shadow Creatures, then yes, at that point they were either dead or Shadow Creatures.

Hamlet plays on a plateau and it's hinted a big tree carries the island. The war could happened on the surface and the iron hulk was on the land pieces when the tree (suddenly) grew - it had no target and activated sleep mode, maybe it fell to pieces during that event. Who the war participants are s completely in the shadows - but it's easy to assume that the shadow creatures are one of them. Pugna basically confirms that Them are intruders. It doesn't seem that the iron hulk isn't powered by NF. I think it wasn't built by the Ancients and Klei keep this a secret.

Hamlet is still a mystery. I suspect Wagstaff knew someone who has some knowledge about all this (he know what the ancient herald is). If DS has time traveling which is unconfirmed I'd think Wagstaff (a past self) is the creator of the iron hulk.

On 5/10/2019 at 1:42 PM, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I'm just not convinced that the same people who made the Clockworks are the same people who made the Iron Hulk.

latest?cb=20130901073235latest?cb=20130901073212latest?cb=20130723082917

The Clockworks have a much more organic appearance and shape and are based on actual creatures. They're visually of lesser craftsmanship than the Iron Hulk, with much more visible plate seams, bolts, and hinges. For the most part they attack with basic melee charges, save for the Clockwork Bishop, which attacks with a bright yellow electricity bolt. They're described as being powered by cogs (gears), and are evidently powered by electrical wiring as well.

latest?cb=20181118154446latest?cb=20181130015151latest?cb=20181201224400latest?cb=20181201224359latest?cb=20190509182131

The Iron Hulk and its parts have a much more inorganic appearance, with more sharp edges and shapes, and is visually built sturdier than the Clockworks. It glows and shoots bright red lasers and explosive mines, and is seemingly powered by some sort of unknown glowing green energy source, which displays strange markings and runes, and can keep its parts functioning even when completely disassembled, as well as gears.

There's also these examines which HEAVILY hint at something.

Bishop

image.png.39ca590b94614b18ae0028f83076d29c.png

Gears

image.png.46aa14fded0a969cf881f4c7ad2040bf.png

44 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Explain this ^

image.thumb.png.6bd4104bca36a320f77048d4c15c81f1.png

That's a mountain in the background and a plateau in the foreground, where does this "tree" come from.

Ok. First, it may be a mountain to you but it's a bigger plateau to me. Watch the first seconds of the trailer and tell me it's either a pointed mountain peak or a plateau from the frog perspective. Same could apply to the trailer ending. 

Second, look at the Hamlet title screen. It COULD be a hand but it has many branches.

7 minutes ago, axxel said:

Ok. First, it may be a mountain to you but it's a bigger plateau to me. Watch the first seconds of the trailer and tell me it's either a pointed mountain peak or a plateau from the frog perspective. Same could apply to the trailer ending. 

I.e. not a tree. Whether it is a pointed mountain or a flat plateau is irrelevant, my point is that Hamlet takes place on top of a mountain, regardless of exact topography. The world generation loading screen for Hamlet literally says "GENERATING PLATEAU"

7 minutes ago, axxel said:

Second, look at the Hamlet title screen. It COULD be a hand but it has many branches.

Is the title screen art your only piece of evidence? I admit it does look like a stringy tree, but I charge it could also be a teetering boulder.

Archived