[Game Update] - 332388

2 hours ago, Hatano Eichero said:

Found the artifact

oi.png

It´s very interesting, looks like Iron Man:

Living_Artifact_Suit.png.acda24e306817b74ce88c6a96276c98a.png

(And even makes a pose similar in the transformation)

Spoiler

Suit.png.65243d0e132b6bacb96b863e221cb796.png

Iron-pose.jpg.67940754a5ecdb5aefd9111b1c6e049f.jpg

Edited by Tapirus
*pose added*
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Given that you can literally just grab the Magic Water to craft it and run, they really ought to make the water only appear after the boss is killed.

That would be nice. I always feel like cheating when I grab water and just run...

6 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Given that you can literally just grab the Magic Water to craft it and run, they really ought to make the water only appear after the boss is killed.

Or allow Pugalisk to dig between plateaus, so you really wanna kill em so they don't follow you back to your home "island".

• Like 3

Just played around with the Living Artifact; extremely good and fun. Some notes:

-You drop everything upon activation.

-You take massively increased hitstun from attacks.

-Holding down F to punch or holding down Mouse2 to charge lasers bypasses all hitstun.

-Charged lasers have a short range, explode and set everything ablaze.

-Uncharged lasers have a practically unlimited range, and do not set mobs ablaze. They will still set typically burnable things such as trees and grass ablaze

-Whereas charged lasers set things on fire instantly upon impact and then again upon uprooting/felling (sometimes they will fail to relight the item upon the uprooting/felling), uncharged lasers only set things ablaze upon uprooting/felling.

-Lasers in general destroy whatever they touch, as does punching. Some things seem unbreakable however, such as Obsidian Boulders.

-You have nightvision.

-You get a speed boost.

-You are immune to poison.

-BUG: Uncharged lasers cannot be shot from land onto water unless you stand right at the shoreline, clipping the laser though.

-Upon deactivation, things around you are set on fire in an explosion. The explosion seems to deal no damage itself.

Edited by TheOnlyGuyEver
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey, so like, the new mech suit breaks when fighting Queen Womant, when she does her mute attack, you become perma mute as long as you're holding F or Rclick.

Can't seem to get my sound back after this.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Hey, so like, the new mech suit breaks when fighting Queen Womant, when she does her mute attack, you become perma mute as long as you're holding F or Rclick.

Can't seem to get my sound back after this.

relog? it normally mutes you until you relog don't know if that's a bug or not.

Edited by Computer-7

1 hour ago, FeNniX said:

Hey! I wanted to ask: right now vines regrow inside ruins as soon as player leaves them. Is it bug of feature? There was a bug at the beginning of early access where vines did regrow, but after some time it has been fixed. Later, after one update they started growing back.

feature

• Like 2

• Developer
10 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

image.thumb.png.ca2e6753976740dd8ed92a0ff4b8f180.png Found this.

Drat, I saw that once during testing (during dev, not before this release), but have yet to find a repro. Do you happen to have this consistently in this place (meaning, after a save load?) if so please submit your savefile, I obviously want to address it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, bizziboi said:

Drat, I saw that once during testing, but have yet to find a repro. Do you happen to have this consistently in this place (meaning, after a save load?) if so please submit your savefile, I obviously want to address it.

Okay, I didn't check the clouds before I used the suit, so I won't know if the suit caused it, but I saw it after coming out of a cave and killing the Ant queen, I moved to Rog before I could send the file, I'll head back and see if it's there, then I'll send the file.

EDIT: Left game, went back in, went to Ham, was back to normal.

Tried what I did last time, couldn't get it to replicate.

I'll keep fooling, though.

Edited by Angel_Octoling

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Okay, I didn't check the clouds before I used the suit,

I don't think it's the suit - 99% sure I hadn't used it when I saw it. Seems to be some edge condition, that only triggers if *something* else is being rendered as well.

• Thanks 2

I don't think it's the suit - 99% sure I hadn't used it when I saw it. Seems to be some edge condition, that only triggers if *something* else is being rendered as well.

Oooh, I'll keep that in.
I edited my other post, though, got any items what items would do this while loading?

I'll keep looking, however.

• Developer
Just now, Angel_Octoling said:

got any items what items would do this while loading?

I wish. It's only a wild guess that that's what causes it, based on another bug I have been investigating (the very rare disappearing ground bug)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish. It's only a wild guess that that's what causes it, based on another bug I have been investigating (the very rare disappearing ground bug)

Please excuse these quotes, not the bug you're looking for, but after reloading this world, this canopy/tree shadow is having a seizure.

Can't really show in the picture, but every time I step it tries to move up and snaps back, really weird looking.

image.thumb.png.abb8f0fc6668badfb125120237779e18.png

Also, a Willow/Iron suit bug, her skirt doesn't move with her. And the pigtails too, It seems.

image.png.5c2fea16a01fb3e339651ca97a8a54bc.png

Will keep an eye on the cloud bug, gonna ask some friends to help reproduce it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, HugoM said:

Fixed multiple miscellaneous string problems

Does this fix missing quotes?

Edit: nvm everyone now has bundling wrap quote.

Edited by Namelessgamer

• Developer
1 minute ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Can't really show in the picture, but every time I step it tries to move up and snaps back, really weird looking.

Usual question - does it stick with a save/reload? If so, please submit a bug. A repro is extremely helpful.

Edit: Nevermind, I see that is the same for me. Yikes.

• Thanks 1

Usual question - does it stick with a save/reload? If so, please submit a bug. A repro is extremely helpful.

Both bugs there persist after reload and change worlds. 

Seems the Canopy shadow is trying to follow me. 

Sent in the game save, at that!

image.png

@bizziboi

Aha, I think we're close to figuring it out. 
20190508193539_1.jpgMy friend got to replicate it. He did what I did, he said he could replicate it by killing Womant with the Power Armor.
This is what I did to get it my first time, too.

Just tested it, couldn't get it to happen for a second time, rather odd.
However, this indeed get the tree canopy to break again.

• Like 2

• Developer

I have the tree canopy issue fixed locally, I expect it to go out tomorrow morning. Just ran into something else very mysterious render-wise so now I am off into a rabbit hole.

Did your friend's stripey cloud issue persist after a save/load - guessing not, but one can hope.

(edit: and right after I typed this, it happened to my local version. Wow)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1