Underpowered Weapons, and how to fix them

51 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

But this literally makes it even more expensive to make, with about the same benefits it has now. Thats a nerf, to an item that nobody uses due to its high cost and poor niche uses...

If anything it needs a substantial cost decrease and at least 2 more slots. I'm fine with fireproof being added to it.

For a boss item, its way too expensive for very little to no benefit from just staying with a regular backpack. In most pro games or pubs that survive long enough, you will very very rarely see this item being used, most people stick to regular backpacks, piggybacks, or if they are blessed by the rng gods, Krampus sacks.

To compare with other boss items, everyone will want to have and keep an eyebrella at some point, scaled furnaces are almost always used, etc. The bearger fur is probably the least used boss item, and Bearger himself is liked mostly because of his woodcutting capabilities.

3 slurper pelt seems cheaper to me ... i might be wrong but what u need is to kill 6 slurpers by average. Correct me if i am wrong, slurper pelt can only be used for hunger belt, which is also about food. 

My point is to make it immediately available in the early days of the game, such that people can really use it if they want. As it requires bearger fur for now, we have to wait until day 71 to really get a chance to create it. Most likely, games on public server will hardly last that long. Klaus gives fur too, but not guaranteed.

Archived