Willow Character Update and More!

Spoiler
41 minutes ago, kneute said:

4. BERNIE Army

5cd2a3a41638a_.png.f0386291884dd5c870f2a17f178668f6.png

(when under 15%) 

- Once BERNIE activated and if there is another Willow under 15% of insanity but you're not anymore,

BERNIE does not grows small, and recognize another Willow as owner.

- If you can keep the distance of BERNIEs more than 5 turfs, then you can control plural BERNIEs.

5cd2a4c3c6847_.thumb.png.0fb5676aa1e51042e93770a79cbcd071.png

5. Application of BERNIE Army

DragonFly, BeeQueen, and FuelWeaver, The boss not using AoE Attack.

https://youtu.be/Pi4kV2TjLmk

6. Special thanks to my Korean friends,

vlrhsrhs , Mr.Dream , and Red Heart.

Thanks for your interest, have fun with Willow, without trolling. :D

호라.png

Time for the obligatory "This is OP reeeeee" comments despite the fact this is actually really interesting and makes Willow fun to play. Hopefully it's not patched out I actually think this is a good thing.

Also this is no more OP than Wicker's tentacle farms... just sayin'

@sereal and @Prajdo, was these your first drops since the update? It might be that these skins were assigned to you but you didn't open the gift before the update. Similarly to how some players can still get a Forge chest (even now) if they haven't played since then.

19 hours ago, PeterA said:

We've discussed this in the past and actually wrote a bunch of strings for Ashley in the files (someone will go hunting!), but have decided to stick with the Bernie inspections for now. The reasoning is that we don't want the skins to affect gameplay. Players need to be able to quickly identify what an object is when they see it. Ideally a skin should be obvious what thing it actually is, and the examination string should be able to confirm that.

Has anyone managed to find Ashley's strings yet?

6 minutes ago, Imagionary said:

Has anyone managed to find Ashley's strings yet?

--ASHLEY_INACTIVE = --{ --BROKEN = "Ashley doesn't look so good.",

--GENERIC = "My childhood pal - Ashley!", --},

--ASHLEY_ACTIVE = "Help me, Ashley!",

--ASHLEY_BIG = "GO GET'EM, GIRL!",

credit to Sudura... 

Super excited to play Willow :D:D She was my first character on the game so yay. I also love the item skins for the lighter and Bernie (Ashley). Is there any way we can start the game with the skins already applied or will we have to wait to recraft the items?

Thanks so much for your hardwork!

Hehehe...I noticed that little twist in the music at 1:29. Throwback to the ANR cinematic. Nice touch.

Her changes make her look fun now, so y a y.

20 hours ago, JoeW said:

Drop Changes
We have removed icons, vignettes and profile backgrounds from the drop table. These items are still weaveable, however you will no longer receive them as drops. In addition, we have added about 100 color and slight variants of many existing common drops.

This is cool, I made a suggestion for 'extra' items like this to be moved to weave-only a while back to give new players obvious goals (before drops were initially 'unlocked'), so it's nice to see how this is pathing out. Heading in the right direction :D

so yall gonna be paying chris's medical bills after the heart attack happens or??

Has anyone tried playing with multiple Willows? Can multiple Willows summon multiple Bernies? Or only one Bernie can be summoned regardless of how many Willows. Note: The Bernie I mean is the Bernie in Big Boi mode.

Thank you Klei, doing right by our pyro girl and her loving teddy. <3 <3 <3

22 hours ago, Canis said:

Is this what a Terrorbeak looks like head on? If so that's extremely funny.
image.thumb.png.855adcbd46219dfc5152a3048da0f046.png

In fact, it reminds me of this image:

Reveal hidden contents

shark.thumb.png.96d68a310897a0c12e8b1434e96ff368.png

Looks like Krobus :D

Heh, and we got a peak into another old theory. She actually saw Them out in the 'real world'...very possible that she was seen by the public as a crazy person after that, if she ever happened to mention it.

12 hours ago, mathem99 said:

I believe that the Shadow Creatures came to existence during Maxwell's magic acts, they probably leaked into the world while he was impressing his audience (both in his final act and his acts before that) and he didn't notice it.

Someone here was searching about historical connections and he found out that there was orphanage burning in 1901. The date seems reasenable. Characters began entering Constant about 1911. That means Willow should be about 21 years old (asuming she was about 10 during orphanage burning).  If that's true Shadows were there before Maxwells' performances (1906).

I'm super excited!

Willow was the character that I would always play years ago with my sister (who mained Wendy). I'm glad she has more substantial perks as well as more interesting consequences. I like that she gains sanity from the cold rather than the other way around, and I'm happy to see her fire immunity return!

Looks like winter will be a tough time for Willow, but her perk with 50% more effective fuel will definitely help her contribute to keeping the camp warm and lit. I like how that perk aids everyone in the group and it suits her character well.

Bernie was the thing I utilized the least in DST, so I'm excited to see how he fits into my playstyle when I have time to play the game.

5 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

You know what would be a great mod to go with Willow's rework?

One that plays "Lemme Smash" every time bernie attacks. That would make my day XD

What about one with the plushie saying  "BERNIE SMASH!", like Hulk?

1 hour ago, Cytryn7 said:

Someone here was searching about historical connections and he found out that there was orphanage burning in 1901. The date seems reasenable. Characters began entering Constant about 1911. That means Willow should be about 21 years old (asuming she was about 10 during orphanage burning).  If that's true Shadows were there before Maxwells' performances (1906).

It was the corn hill orphanage, and I think she was more like 5 or 6, because she is 20 in game.

4 hours ago, POOH_LY said:

Has anyone tried playing with multiple Willows? Can multiple Willows summon multiple Bernies? Or only one Bernie can be summoned regardless of how many Willows. Note: The Bernie I mean is the Bernie in Big Boi mode.

One Willow can summon One BERNIE! but if you have more than one Willow that means every Willow can spawn one BERNIE! so yes, there can be multiple BERNIE!s

Just now, ItsaGamer05 said:

One Willow can summon One BERNIE! but if you have more than one Willow that means every Willow can spawn one BERNIE! so yes, there can be multiple BERNIE!s

Thanks!!! 

5 hours ago, POOH_LY said:

Refer my post on 7th page : Willow Test

(+) Just keep distance when you activate your BERNIE!

I really like the updates! Thanks to the devs!

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but as I was watching, it looked like you could almost see the terrorbeak creeping in when the candlestick blew out. Then, I thought it almost looks like letters at the base of the candlestick. Is it just me? Am I seeing things? I really miss the puzzles so it's more likely that I'm looking for something that isn't there. Even the flame looks bird-shaped to me... but I was up late playing dst with friends.

skitscreepy.thumb.PNG.b3ba26f78c8bcb0a821629252e539b5c.PNG

letters.PNG.130b1dd35676555545c02604b981b9aa.PNG

Also, Willow's story makes me sad. My series of thoughts: Why does only one person get floral bedsheets? The beds almost look empty because those lumps under the blankets don't have heads. D: That terrorbeak just face-planted into the pillow... lol. That tall lady's eyeballs. The smaller woman is evil! The menacing chokehold she had Bernie in. No wonder Willow doesn't like being in the dark and cold. That's some dark and traumatic history. Fires seem to be a pattern. If I were a shadow creature, would I try to avoid causing fires? If that small lady didn't pull out Bernie's eyeball, who did?

Archived