Willow Character Update and More!

38 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

OmG!! Ty 4 sharing the pics! I was waiting to see just this before deciding to purchase it. I’m not working currently or would purchase it instantly. I haven’t managed to get 2 big Bernie’s at the same time. Can you get a giant Bernie and an Ashley together? Also, does Ashley have different animations than Bernie?

she has different sounds.. the animation is a bit different.. but the role is pretty much the same

3 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Oh hey, the description of the brooch on Willow's doll skin is a reference to Bloodborne. 

Can you post a pic of that? My first thought was of the doll in Bloodborne when I saw the new skin. That's a nice tip of the hat if they really referenced that. 

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEjCPYBEIoBSFryq4I'm trying to find a bigger image of this. Reverse google image search isn't helping me.

I also like that the Wortox short is now coinciding with future menu images. Showing the characters as they grow up  from a scene in the short where they're young.

13 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

THANK YOU FOR REMOVING THE ICONS! I swear if I get ONE MORE FESTIVE BAUBLE I will claw my eyes out!

Yeah, people can weave icons if they need one.

image.png.6bee0b2b6f95d0db1394e9e72f512830.pngI'm getting Spiker and Sponge vibes from James and the Giant Peach from these ladies.

Ooo I get the short now. So when Willow is separated from Bernie and nervous she'll light random fires like in vanilla, yes? And because there where so many flammables there it caused an explosion.

In vanilla, she was separated from Bernie, but in DST they where reunited!

The animation is pretty disappointing considering how starkly uninformative it is. It could already be easily deduced that Willow was an orphan from her Victorian and unreleased outfit, so all it really says is that Willow may or may not be possessed and may or may not be pyrokinetic depending on how you interpret that one scene.

Doesn't explain at all how she was brought into the Constant, which is the main point of lore for each survivor and what I thought these animations would each be about. I don't really feel like I actually know anything more about her after watching it.

5 minutes ago, Masked_Misery said:

The animation is pretty disappointing considering how starkly uninformative it is. It could already be easily deduced that Willow was an orphan from her Victorian and unreleased outfit, so all it really says is that Willow may or may not be possessed and may or may not be pyrokinetic depending on how you interpret that one scene.

Doesn't explain at all how she was brought into the Constant, which is the main point of lore for each survivor and what I thought these animations would each be about. I don't really feel like I actually know anything more about her after watching it.

that's one way to look at it, if you only like straightforward facts handled to you on a plate.

It brings in the existence of shadow creatures in the regular world, the fact that she had real powers as a child, that bernie is somehow shadow creature repellent, not only in the constant. And her parents are missing, I don't think simply the power of love is the answer to her cool gifts  :? someone dabbled in dark magic and paid the price. Be patient, friend! The journey of finding things out is more fun than the end goal to everything lol

IS it a terrorbeak?  It also kind of looks like Mr. Skits.

I love that there's new easy-to-get clothing items, too.  I don't care if something is ranked as "Common", as long as it looks cool.  Also the more different clothing items to make outfits from, the better!  :)

And wait, the shoes are WILLFULL green...?

As in how GREEN Lanterns need WILLPOWER...?

;)

(Are there also angry red things and/or fearful yellow items?  Heh.)

I was just playing DST with my brother, and he got one of the new swimming outfits right away!  Also lol at how you can't even say Mr. Van Dyke's NAME on this board...it's not always a swear word, silly censor!  Sometimes it's just a nickname.  : P

...Notorious

2 hours ago, Geeris said:

Suit and Swim Socks (Spiffy)

Hide contents

suit.png.ae355ab0823c18eca46e3ede365c4c72.png swim-socks.png.22e2b56b61221ec1b2a6cd62559c9c8e.png

Swimming Costume and Flippers (Spiffy)

Hide contents

swimming-costume.png.254cb89c75624c6671b28b135bd126a7.png flippers.png.98e3630472e6f8fee2c4c9bd6d2bfa07.png

This update: Finally, immunity to fire are back and these swimming costumes be added. You know what? Willow will equip swimming costume then ready to jump in the lava pond and cheers.

20 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

IS it a terrorbeak?  It also kind of looks like Mr. Skits.

I love that there's new easy-to-get clothing items, too.  I don't care if something is ranked as "Common", as long as it looks cool.  Also the more different clothing items to make outfits from, the better!  :)

And wait, the shoes are WILLFULL green...?

As in how GREEN Lanterns need WILLPOWER...?

;)

(Are there also angry red things and/or fearful yellow items?  Heh.)

I was just playing DST with my brother, and he got one of the new swimming outfits right away!  Also lol at how you can't even say Mr. Van Dyke's NAME on this board...it's not always a swear word, silly censor!  Sometimes it's just a nickname.  : P

...Notorious

We shall name it the Skit-beak

1 hour ago, 9screamingkittens said:

that's one way to look at it, if you only like straightforward facts handled to you on a plate.

It brings in the existence of shadow creatures in the regular world, the fact that she had real powers as a child, that bernie is somehow shadow creature repellent, not only in the constant. And her parents are missing, I don't think simply the power of love is the answer to her cool gifts  :? someone dabbled in dark magic and paid the price. Be patient, friend! The journey of finding things out is more fun than the end goal to everything lol

Please don't try to phrase it like my view is the result of me being some kind of simpleton who needs the story spoonfed to them.

Shadow creatures in the normal world was already confirmed in Maxwell's lore, this animation does not confirm Willow has powers as you never see her actually perform pyrokinesis and she doesn't distinctly have pyrokinesis in DST, Bernie is not a shadow creature repellent in DST they straight up attack him in DST which means the lore is either contradicting itself or he was altered upon entering the Constant; and I've not seen anything that confirms her parents are "missing". They could just be dead, for any number of reasons.

As I said, this animation says almost nothing. By comparison, in Winona's animation we learned all kinds of facts surrounding her entry in the Constant and her boss who also is significant to the story.

Archived