Willow Character Update and More!

Some things I noticed about the video as art piece. First of all, I really loved it, the artists did a great job! The music suits to the scenes really well too.

I really liked how Willow looks so sad, but really determined at the same time at the end of the video. 

willow.thumb.png.16ea0a8eb961c5a71f23e634ca095b86.png

The nurses. The artists at Klei know how to draw bad characters :D And those eyes of the taller one. Amazing job, honestly!

nurses.thumb.png.9110beaf52be48b89454746ca1df77f2.png

Another thing, the shadow that attacks her looks like a terrorbeak, but not exactely like one in the game. Its upper half is like usually, but it doesn't have the four legs, only one tail(?). Its body type in general looks like Mr Skits. 
I'm also wondering (more lore-vise topic), why is it that it usually walks on the surface (floor, walls), but sometimes gets into 3D (usually when attacking)?

Spoiler

It's clearly a terrorbeak: 

shadow2.thumb.png.fa6d140c72b792816bbf662502431e66.png

we can see its tail:

shadow3.png.5b10af287df79429795bdbe14ed85432.png

Mr Skits for reference: 

Mr._Skits.png.72fc875178e1d711ffe6546e66a5a614.png

Funny, in this moment it reminded me of the swimming shadow. It actually looks cute here :D Like if it were confused, "what are you doing here, little girl?"

shadow1.thumb.png.ce0911ece4b3b67bf64160c906f9f0b0.png

Finally, I noticed that the fire is drawn in a completely differenty style. I'm not sure if I like this new one. Looks cool, but maybe the old ones looked better, or at least were more fitting in DST's style, in my opinion. I'm not even sure if it is drawn, or made with some other techniques? (Someone more experienced in animations can maybe explain?)

The fires in different animations:

Spoiler

The new one in the Willow short:

fire_willow.png.1de22c183206e9fa70587c12eab927b4.png

Fire in Winona's short (the shape and animation looks like the new one, but with the old colour palette, if I'm not mistaken?):

fire_winona.thumb.png.8435e5daf5fbbcb0b3b7a36ac93258e3.png

Fires in the Forge trailer and the launch announcement animation:

fire_forge.thumb.png.6b0f2b2665dfbf922016e560a6af342c.pngfire_launch.png.a9145bd0c405792de65d60b2f34520ad.png

In my opinion the fires of the Forge look the best!

I personally like the story a lot but at the same time I'm a little disappointed that there was no clue how she was dragged to constant. And I'm also curious how that beak found her at the first place.

I thought we were getting the new biomes with the Willow update?? Guessing that's coming mid may as stated in the content (beta)

Also Found a quick bug or oversight you guy's missed on the ps4 version.

New updates say's "Willow no longer gets cold from low sanity" But while in Character selection. Willow's description still reads "Can't keep warm when insane."

1 hour ago, 0rutyna0 said:

Why did the shadow hunt for Willow?
How did the shadow get into our world? Or was the house not in our world?
How did Willow find herself in Constant?
Why was the shadow frightened by the bear?
Is this some kind of unique bear or because Willow endowed him with such a property?
That is, Willow is not a maniac arsonist, but a pyrokinetic?
Did Willow have such abilities before or did they wake up because of the shadow attack?
The second video and again more questions than answers. (

Yeeeesss....these are all exactly the things I was thinking!

So...shadow creatures could come into our world BEFORE all the business with Maxwell?

...or only for the insane?

...WAS it real, aka actually able to hurt her?  (This being Don't Starve I lean towards "yes", but...)

...how long has Bernie had this...property?

...And last but not least, was she a pyrokinetic BEFORE she entered the Constant?  Aka, _all_ of these questions lead up to...

WAS THERE ALREADY REAL MAGIC OPERATING IN THE "REAL" WORLD BEFORE ALL THIS HAPPENED?  Rare, but existing?

Duuuuudddeeee...

Man, that expression at the end there.  That is TOTALLY a "Don't.  Eff.  With me." look if I ever saw one.  Badass.  Scary, but badass.

As usual, even the shorts are just _dripping_ in atmosphere and creepiness.  I could FEEL the neglect and despair of the children in this orphanage...  Willow's whole "probably an orphan" background (now absolutely confirmed!) has also always kind of reminded me of this: 

(It's a haunted orphanage...that later became an _insane asylum_...and then BURNED.  DOWN.  Hi there, Willow!)  Or maybe it should be the other way around; I think I got into Don't Starve first before I found that doll-maker.

KITTY!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3  Now I'm reminded of how my Sim-Willow had a _cyborg_ teddy bear--an alternate-universe Bernie skin? ;)  (She won him in a crane game at the town's summer festival on the very.  first.  try.  I'm not kidding.  It was definitely fate.  And yes, you can NAME the teddy bears in Sims 3!  Yes, 3 I'm behind the times shutup.  3 also works better for this kind of thing than 4 does, anyway.  All you have to have is the right _shape_ for something and then you can recolour it however you want!)

Oh, and thanks for the fire immunity back.  FINALLY.  It just felt wrong to have a Willow who can't stand in the flames and laugh.  :)

...Notorious

Archived