Willow Character Update and More!

4 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

It seems that the old marketable Willow skins aren't upgraded to Heirloom yet. I guess it takes some more time?

True, a bit strange since the ones on my account were upgraded already, I think is just matter of time.

updated.thumb.png.829138ab1969b3fe8c3df8aee9307dd9.png

• Developer
3 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Can this be changed to ASHLEY!? 

We've discussed this in the past and actually wrote a bunch of strings for Ashley in the files (someone will go hunting!), but have decided to stick with the Bernie inspections for now. The reasoning is that we don't want the skins to affect gameplay. Players need to be able to quickly identify what an object is when they see it. Ideally a skin should be obvious what thing it actually is, and the examination string should be able to confirm that.

Why did the shadow hunt for Willow?
How did the shadow get into our world? Or was the house not in our world?
How did Willow find herself in Constant?
Why was the shadow frightened by the bear?
Is this some kind of unique bear or because Willow endowed him with such a property?
That is, Willow is not a maniac arsonist, but a pyrokinetic?
Did Willow have such abilities before or did they wake up because of the shadow attack?
The second video and again more questions than answers. (

• Developer
10 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

It seems that the old marketable Willow skins aren't upgraded to Heirloom yet. I guess it takes some more time?

Thanks for the reminder. I still needed to flush Steam's asset cache. All good now!

46 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Drop Changes
We have removed icons, vignettes and profile backgrounds from the drop table. These items are still weaveable, however you will no longer receive them as drops. In addition, we have added about 100 color and slight variants of many existing common drops.

Originally we added the icons, vignettes and profile backgrounds so that we had more items to collect, but as many of these items were seasonal items, it gave the appearance that these were being dropped unintentionally. 

So glad you've changed that! 

I just wanna say, shout out to Klei for as always, listening to the community and giving Willow back the full fire immunity. Willows always been a 2ndary main and while its really great to see, I know there are bigger willow fans than me who are even more excited about this. So thank you so much Klei for listening to the community! Can't wait to see what's planned next and the new content down the line!

• Developer
1 minute ago, Geeris said:

Don't forget to add the new colors to the steam filter... pls

The filters are automatically added as Steam sees new tags on items. If you see an item that you think is missing the right colour tags let me know!

Spoiler
3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Hey everyone!

Here we are with our second character update! We have a few things to share, from Willow’s character refresh, to new skin sales and Twitch campaign.  

Here we go!

From the Ashes
Every character has their story, and with each refresh, we will be revealing a bit more of their past. See what memories Willow has to share with you here:

Willow Refresh
With the memories of her tragic past reignited, Willow has tapped into formidable powers for her childhood friend and protector, Bernie, as well as receiving full fire immunity and other bonuses. 

• Willow is now immune to fire damage.
  • Willow is now more easily frozen (e.g. by Ice Staves or Deerclops).
  • Willow no longer gets cold from low sanity.
  • Winter gear is slightly less effective at keeping Willow warm.
  • Willow takes more damage and loses sanity at freezing temperatures.
  • Willow takes longer to overheat and less damage when overheated.
  • Willow takes no burn damage while extinguishing smoldering fires and does it faster than others.
  • Adding fuel to fires is 50% more effective.
  • Bernie can now be equipped by Willow for sanity and warmth at the cost of durability.
  • Bernie grows big and will taunt and fight most hostile creatures when Willow is nearby and insane.
  • Bernie will still taunt Shadow Creatures when any other player is nearby and insane.
  • In addition, Willow still gains sanity near fire and can still cook with her Lighter.

Willow’s Guest of Honor, Triumphant, Survivor and Rose Skins can now be purchased and are all now available for purchase. All owners of these classic skins prior to today are now upgraded to an “Heirloom” rarity, with full unraveling value (that is, an Heirloom Elegant can be unraveled for 1350 spool).

Willow also has some new items that can be dropped, weaved or purchased. 

Willow-Update-Forum.jpg

The Ghastly Attic Chest can be purchased for $3.99 and contains Ashley, The Cursed Sterling Lighter and the Baleful Lace Parasol.  The Willow Deluxe Wardrobe contains 5 of Willow's item sets, including the new "Forlorn Doll" set for $12.99

Drop Changes
We have removed icons, vignettes and profile backgrounds from the drop table. These items are still weaveable, however you will no longer receive them as drops. In addition, we have added about 100 color and slight variants of many existing common drops.

Originally we added the icons, vignettes and profile backgrounds so that we had more items to collect, but as many of these items were seasonal items, it gave the appearance that these were being dropped unintentionally. 

New Twitch Campaign
We are starting a new twitch campaign with an entirely new theme. 

twitchitem_heatrock.png

Check out this post for more details.

That's all we have for you this time. As always we will be watching your feedback and bug reports. Have fun out there!

Great job, guys! :wilson_goodjob:

This passage from life has caused a lot of questions from me:

1)It's a memories and what is her real age?

2)Shadow monsters material and as they can penetrate in our world?

3)Willow distraught? She was possessed by a shadow? Or something?

4)I thought you would show how she gets into the world DS.

And why such strange skin on Willow?

I was waiting for a skin hobo on her. 

21 minutes ago, PeterA said:

We've discussed this in the past and actually wrote a bunch of strings for Ashley in the files (someone will go hunting!), but have decided to stick with the Bernie inspections for now. The reasoning is that we don't want the skins to affect gameplay. Players need to be able to quickly identify what an object is when they see it. Ideally a skin should be obvious what thing it actually is, and the examination string should be able to confirm that.

I hope you can reconsider... Ashley's sounds are super cute and it seems to be very different to Bernie.

Archived