best autunum guide!!!!

ufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

pigskins and silk is always renewable.ALWAYS!!! you cant destroy it so other players cant access it anymore....

and all your arguments are about that....

we can continue arguing when you have learned a bit how the game works.

also berrie bushes, grass tirfs, saplings, flowers, moles, rabbit holes.... all these things are renewable threw worldregen.

the only thing you can destroy in a world is burning all reeds. then you have to farm tumbleweeds

and you can say it over and over again... but no one of you did understand the strat.

11 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

pigskins and silk is always renewable.ALWAYS!!! you cant destroy it so other players cant access it anymore....

also berrie bushes, grass tirfs, saplings, flowers, moles, rabbit holes.... all these things are renewable threw worldregen.

the only thing you can destroy in a world is burning all reeds. then you have to farm tumbleweeds

You are quite the dummy.

Pigskin isn't renewable when you destroy all the pig heads/houses unless you are going to spend deconstruction staves on football helms respawned in the Ruins chests.

berry bushes, grass turfs and saplings don't respawn unless you are on Wilderness/Endless mode

moles are renewable through befriending catcoons but you can destroy their dens and the dens don't respawn too.

So much for being a 4k hour Wigfrid main.

5 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

You are quite the dummy.

Pigskin isn't renewable when you destroy all the pig heads/houses

berry bushes, grass turfs and saplings don't respawn unless you are on Wilderness/Endless mode

moles are renewable through befriending catcoons but you can destroy their dens and those don't respawn too.

omg hahahahahaha just be quiet from now on. pigskins are renewable threw moonstone muahahahahahaahahahahaha

from now on call me daddy xxD

moles respawn without catcoons. for silk there are white spiders in caves which cant be destroyed

10 hours ago, blizstorm said:

Well, the guide is generally good, but I would not called it the best one. In my opinion, the mistakes made were:

1. base location, grave yard

2. Ignoring the cobble stone road. the cobble stone road found at 0:59 does not end with pig village/pig king, hence, it would suggest that chester is nearby. Having chester early helps a lot in carrying your loot around

3. Edge exploration instead of road exploration. edge exploration is slightly inferior since you are normally running slower. new biome/task are usually within 60 units of roads. Edge exploration could be valid when hunting for pig houses and tumbleweed

4. Mining nitre rock. I occasionally mine one nitre rock for hammer, but not more than one. Save your time on mining more gold rock instead.

5. Bypassing catcoon for easy meat. Glermz uses a hambat later on, so if he plan early, should get 2 easy meat from catcoons, to reduce the wait for hambat.

6. Backtracking to pig king. you should hammer all the houses at pig king, if you are doing, and move on. Coming back to finish the business would be an inefficient use of time

7. Not hammering the bunny hutch. If Glermz is advocating for hammering pig houses, he should have hammered those 8 bunny hutches to avoid backtracking.

8. Not digging the grave. Glermz built a science machine at graveyard, and will be getting a lot of sanity from crafting, more than what he needs. This would be a good chance to use some sanity to dig grave, to get gears.

9. Not hammering the science machine beside alchemy engine. Alchemy engine can do everything science machine can do.

10. Crafting a spear. Axe is a pretty good weapon with 27 damage. spear is only 34 damage, not that much of an upgrade. Glermz should be able to skip tech and go straight for ham bat.

11. My current strategy is to destroy pig king on full moon. That way, you get some werepigs and glommer.

12. Glermz likes pig skin, but skipped full moon harvest. With pig houses materials, you should have built pig houses by day 11 to harvest werepigs.

13. Overcooking. 4 fresh meat, or 4 cooked meat in crockpot, still give you a very fresh meat stew, but you saved 4 seconds cooking them.If the freshness does not matter, do not waste time cooking it; cooking over fire is a good way to preserve meat though, for early game

14. Advocating for crafting golden tools early. You should still stick with flint tool in autumn. They are more disposable when your inventory slots are limited.

15. Glermz carried 100% gold axe, and gold pickaxe from day 6 to day 8 at least. This is 2 inventory spaces that could have been freed up. You should know the purpose of your expedition when leaving camp. In the event of emergency, u can craft tools using the flint you carried and dispose them if a better loot comes along.

16. Evicting the spiders in autumn without webber. There are plenty of trees and rocks everywhere. Precious time in autumn should not be spent fighting that many spiders. Tier 3 spider nest is not that hard to kill, especially in DST. I would leave the spider nests for webber to collect so webber can collect 20+ spider nest for his spider farm.

17. Hunting koalephant. If you had harvested full moon, you would have enough meat; chasing after koalephant takes quite a bit of time, which I think is not worth it.

18. Spending early game time killing hound mounds. There are other places to mine for gold.

19. Digging sapling and grass tuft far from base. There is no need to dig away from base. A good and functional base should have grass and twigs in chest. Saplings and grass tufts away from base will burn in summer anyway, so might as well protect them under the flingomatics.

20. Digging berry bushes late in autumn. The berry bushes are not going to work in winter. I would skip berry bushes and go straight to bunny farm or bee boxes.

21. Building only 4 crockpots station when you can go for 6 crockpots.

22. Lightning rod in late autumn. Normal lightning only comes in spring for DST

23. The guide seems too rigid. What if the player encounter dragonfly desert or swamp first?

But seriously, the guide is not that horrible. What it has done good is:

1. Exploring with map. You can see more on map than screen, unless you use mod, so checking the map is good, especially at night.

2.. Hammering pig houses. The pig houses gathered together is generally more productive and safer

3. Delaying the wood cutting. Delay the wood cutting until when you need to build science machine, so you are not stuck with an axe and logs in your inventory

4. Cooking meat stew. Meat stew is a very efficient recipe for hunger, although cooking with 4 meat is not a good way of doing it.

the strat isnt for speedrunners.

1. yes its a horrible base location but im pretty sure he just made a base whereever. its an autunum guide, not baselocatiuon guide but yes youre absolutely right.

2+3 hmmm ok thats not a big deal. i always explore edges. you can explore roads if you like. dont wanna argue about that. but like i said this isnt a speedrun guide.

4. you serious? are you edgy rick xxD who cares about that. he was mining most time only gold boulders. this isnt a speedrun guide.

5-8. its not a speedrun guide

9. do you really think he doesnt know that??? also this isnt a first time playing dont starve guide. if you can kill all pigs and spiders in the world you should know some basic things.

10. you serious xxD i mean its a good trick but who cares.

11. if you kill all pigs and spiders in the world you have food till spring... (birdcage)

12. if you kill all pigs and destroy there houses you dont need to care for pigskin till next year. 

13. he could have talk fatser in the video so he saves 2 sec...

14+15. very good point. youre absolutely right

16. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you want a webber in your team??? just made a bunny/spider farm and you have forever silk and glands.

17. its not a big deal. if youre fast in hunting koalas its fine. i woudnt do the killing pigs on new moon cause like i already said. you have tons of pigskins

18. its not a big deal. killing them is super easy and there arent many in a dst world at dfly.

19. what are you saying??? you need first to farm grass and twigs to have them in chest?? garss and twigs dont spawn in chest xD in summer it burns only on your screen. so how can grass and saplings far away burn? you should base in oasis or go in caves in summer but building flings isnt a good idea. specially not for your speedrun strats ;)

20. because bee boxes are such a great foodsource in winter? xD you need to plant bushes some day so you palnt them in the first few days or you can plant them when ever before next spring. anyways there is so much food in the game that such things are irrelevant.

21. who cares. you can also for 2x 6 crockpots. 4 are fine for the start

22. again who cares?? you dont have to build the rod few sec before the first lightning. lightning rod is always the first i build

23. i dont know what you wanna tell me with that

actually i dont say anything you said is wrong. but most isnt a big deal. like the axe and spear thing but its a great trick. i never thought aboutit that the normal spear is only 7 damage more then an axe. its 25% more but still using an axe for fighting isnt a bad choice at start

2 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

moles don't respawn if you kill them and their burrows. *hmmm*

hmm i had a mole in a forrest. he was gone after a while. i assume he was falling in the caves or dunno but his burrow wasnt there anymore. all other moles were catched in the world. and after a while we had a new mole in the forrest. did he climb back from caves?

22 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

he was gone after a while. did he climb back from caves?

that's a mystery that needs deep thinking...

Spoiler

hmm...

Spoiler

maybe you just didn't see the mole when it was in the forest? hmm...

2 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

and you can say it over and over again... but no one of you did understand the strat.

- You don't need to destroy all of the pig houses and spider dens to impose scarcity of resources upon the rest of the players in the server. Just most of them is enough. Sure, they're renewable, but at a way slower and possibly harmful rate to players aside from yourself. 

- Get back on your own topic; we arent talking about renewability of resources, but of how valid your strategy is.

My point is that your wanton destruction of pig houses and spider dens is not the definitive best *autumn strategy. Not by a long shot, thanks to the myriad of strategies other people have in mind, such as Ruins Rush, DFly Rush, Wicker farms, Maxwell/Woodie resource farming, and many more.

Sure, it's efficient and renewable and whatnot, but my point remains unchallenged: it's not the definitive best strategy, compared to many other strategies out there.

Archived