best autunum guide!!!!

36 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

no im just better in this game then you guys all together but no one of you wanna play so you get busted xDDD

you want to show you know something of this game and you picked the best armor in the game muuuahahahahaha

but you know what you forgot...? thule crowns dont stack. so how can you use them as your daily armor??? better stop posting man xxD

Do you actually know how durable thulecite crowns are?

2 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I don't want to make fun of you nor your language but when you critize someone for being ''confusing'' and you literally summon anti-gramatical cthulu here...

we can change the language if you know another one

11 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

all wrong what you say lol

i just looks confusing cause i was always answering a new thing.

YOU CAN USE IT ON EVRY SERVER. public or not. the point is always to build a base for evryone. how it should be doen in a game which is called togetehr lol

All I can say to that is... ok :encouragement:

7 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

im sry englsih isnt my best lol

What is your best lol?

Just now, _Ellat_ said:

Do you actually know how durable thulecite crowns are?

come on pls stop. you tried to act like a good player but you failed hard. its even not worth to argue with you for fun

Just now, BeliarBAD said:

come on pls stop. you tried to act like a good player but you failed hard. its even not worth to argue with you for fun

I like how you say you're better then everyone yet you don't even state any arguments and act like a child 

Just now, _Ellat_ said:

I like how you say you're better then everyone yet you don't even state any arguments and act like a child 

i was arguing all the time but you and your crowns are a joke.

Why so? Are you actually trying to prove that football helmets with 3x times lower durability and lower dmg reduction are better then thulecite crowns?

Also your "arguing" is not showing any arguments

Just now, _Ellat_ said:

Why so? Are you actually trying to prove that football helmets with 3x times lower durability and lower dmg reduction are better then thulecite crowns?

didnt you called me 10 times a wig main...

1 minute ago, Terra_Zina said:

Spamming "xxxxxxxxxxxxD" is not arguing, sonny...

youre intelligent like a fly xD

4 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Spamming "xxxxxxxxxxxxD" is not arguing, sonny...

what was your argument?? no one of you had one. pig skins are RENEWABLE YOU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS

xxD

1 hour ago, BeliarBAD said:

but i dont understand the point.... the villages will be destroyed anyways on a public server. so if i leave them then the next player will say jackpot and smash them for footballhelmets.

the strat says you smash them all and use it to make a big base for evryone. not for yourself.

Two problem with this. First, the idea of "others would take these resources, so rather I take them" makes you just one of them. Second, you assume that everyone wants to play as you imagine. But on public servers that might not be the case. As others also said, some others might not want to join your base, and there can be many reasons for that. They prefer different base locations, they are rather nomads, or just simply want their own base (with which they can still cooperate, btw!). If you take out all the pigs and spiders from the game except your base, you deprive others from important resources.

I personally play on public servers similarily to x0Versus1y, using mostly monster meat for pig skin. 

29 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

its amazing how you guys dont understand such a simple strat...

We understand the strategy. We just don't like it.

19 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

didnt you called me 10 times a wig main...

Once

19 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

what was your argument?? no one of you had one. pig skins are RENEWABLE YOU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS

xxD

20 thulecite crowns is enough till next cave reset but you're playing wigfrid so how would you know that :)

Better use up the entire worlds pig skin instead

There were 3 arguments form me if you dont see them then like I said you're an ignorant

I just love when people like you think they know everything about the game but when someone proves they're wrong their ego won't even let them admit that they're wrong

17 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Two problem with this. First, the idea of "others would take these resources, so rather I take them" makes you just one of them. Second, you assume that everyone wants to play as you imagine. But on public servers that might not be the case. As others also said, some others might not want to join your base, and there can be many reasons for that. They prefer different base locations, they are rather nomads, or just simply want their own base (with which they can still cooperate, btw!). If you take out all the pigs and spiders from the game except your base, you deprive others from important resources.

I personally play on public servers similarily to x0Versus1y, using mostly monster meat for pig skin. 

We understand the strategy. We just don't like it.

its so wrong what you say.

i wasnt talking about my strat when i said you can smash all houses cause they will be smashed by other players.

HE was saying the houses get often smashed by other players so he leaves always 2. so i asked him why he leaves this 2 when he knows they will be destroyed on the public server. this hasnt anything to do with the strat from the guide. 

and the other thing is. if you wanna base alone then go and make a private server. why playing on a public server if you wanna base alone??? cause exactly this is the paradox which makes us argue here. you wanna base alone but you wanna play on a public server. and then you wonder why there is no material for evryone... so thats your own fault.

and btw evryone can play on a public server how he likes. im NOT saying im smashing all houses but if someopne does it then its not intelligent of you to tell him how to play. he can play how he likes. you cant make your own rules on a public server. thats why you can make a private server and do what ever you like.

i never hate against someoen on a public server cause i know where i am and people can do what ever they want. but i always get hated from guys like you on public servers cause they think they are intelligent but infact they are palying on the wrong place...

19 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

Once

20 thulecite crowns is enough till next cave reset but you're playing wigfrid so how would you know that :)

Better use up the entire worlds pig skin instead

There were 3 arguments form me if you dont see them then like I said you're an ignorant

I just love when people like you think they know everything about the game but when someone proves they're wrong their ego won't even let them admit that they're wrong

i dont even know what you wanna tell me??? i always paly as wig so i never need pigskins...

why are you telling me im a noob and in the next sentence you tell me im using all pigskins in the world as wigfrid.

i was telling you some post before. pls stop arguing with me

14 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

i wasnt talking about my strat when i said you can smash all houses cause they will be smashed by other players.

but then why smash them when its more likely people will die and drag you down?

6 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

but then why smash them when its more likely people will die and drag you down?

cause i rebuild them. also it doesnt need to be only 1 pigfarm. if some palyers wanna base at pk then they dont need to smash them if they dont wanna replace them. if some players say we want to build a second and 3. base somewhere then they can have so much material of the smashed houses like they want. or they can just farm pigs at the farm i builded and gather ressources for their own farm or what ever. 

you guys are talking about some servers where evryone only wants bad things to happen to others. and yea there are a lot of them. on this servers it makes no sense to smash evrything and build a base cause it will be destroyed anyways. im talking from servers where people are friendly and playing somehow togetehr. no need to base together. like i said i share all things which i gather and destroy.

if you guys think i destroy them all and dont wanna share and keep all materials for myself then sure thats an aweful thing to do. but tahts not the point. i always share. also if i woudnt share i would get my base raided in the moment i leave the server

Might as well throw my two cents in.

Shall I make a base by destroying all the pig houses, spider dens, etc.? Viable, sure! But as other players have said, one needs to be considerate to other players who wish to exploit these resources - especially spider dens - because you're essentially removing a source of more resources and potentially withholding the resources you've gained. Which is exactly why this strategy is frowned upon.

Shall I start the foundations of a megabase in the Oasis whilst living off Cacti and Buzzards? Viable.

Shall I rush the production of armor and gather tons of heals to fight the Dragonfly for its' Scales and the Scaled Furnace? Also viable, and this is the strategy I would gladly subscribe to if it weren't for the Philippine Internet.

Shall I dig up as much resources as we can and have the local Wicker mass-produce a flood of berries, grass and twigs? Berry much viable and this is the strategy I employ all the time to the benefit of everyone.

Shall I, as either WX or Wigfrid or Wolfgang, rush the ruins and come back with much Thulecite Armor and Crowns for myself and/or the rest of the team to enjoy? Absolutely viable, highly beneficial, and very important if you're a WX as there is no better source of gears.

Shall I start a spider farm as Webber? Viable, definitely so.

Shall I employ another new strategy I know not of yet but may exist? Viable unless proven otherwise.

The point I shall make here is that no strategy is ever the "best". It depends on the role your character fits, your goals for the rest of the game, your level of skill, and what playstyle suits you.   

What is more, there is absolutely no conceivable need nor any viable method to impose a single playstyle or routine, however efficient, on the entire playerbase. 

Well, the guide is generally good, but I would not called it the best one. In my opinion, the mistakes made were:

1. base location, grave yard

9 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Is anyone else getting put on edge by the fact that Glermz bases in the Graveyard in this guide? 

Ghosts on a full moon?

The constant meteors from the guaranteed neighboring meteor biome?

2. Ignoring the cobble stone road. the cobble stone road found at 0:59 does not end with pig village/pig king, hence, it would suggest that chester is nearby. Having chester early helps a lot in carrying your loot around

3. Edge exploration instead of road exploration. edge exploration is slightly inferior since you are normally running slower. new biome/task are usually within 60 units of roads. Edge exploration could be valid when hunting for pig houses and tumbleweed

4. Mining nitre rock. I occasionally mine one nitre rock for hammer, but not more than one. Save your time on mining more gold rock instead.

5. Bypassing catcoon for easy meat. Glermz uses a hambat later on, so if he plan early, should get 2 easy meat from catcoons, to reduce the wait for hambat.

6. Backtracking to pig king. you should hammer all the houses at pig king, if you are doing, and move on. Coming back to finish the business would be an inefficient use of time

7. Not hammering the bunny hutch. If Glermz is advocating for hammering pig houses, he should have hammered those 8 bunny hutches to avoid backtracking.

8. Not digging the grave. Glermz built a science machine at graveyard, and will be getting a lot of sanity from crafting, more than what he needs. This would be a good chance to use some sanity to dig grave, to get gears.

9. Not hammering the science machine beside alchemy engine. Alchemy engine can do everything science machine can do.

10. Crafting a spear. Axe is a pretty good weapon with 27 damage. spear is only 34 damage, not that much of an upgrade. Glermz should be able to skip tech and go straight for ham bat.

11. My current strategy is to destroy pig king on full moon. That way, you get some werepigs and glommer.

12. Glermz likes pig skin, but skipped full moon harvest. With pig houses materials, you should have built pig houses by day 11 to harvest werepigs.

13. Overcooking. 4 fresh meat, or 4 cooked meat in crockpot, still give you a very fresh meat stew, but you saved 4 seconds cooking them.If the freshness does not matter, do not waste time cooking it; cooking over fire is a good way to preserve meat though, for early game

14. Advocating for crafting golden tools early. You should still stick with flint tool in autumn. They are more disposable when your inventory slots are limited.

15. Glermz carried 100% gold axe, and gold pickaxe from day 6 to day 8 at least. This is 2 inventory spaces that could have been freed up. You should know the purpose of your expedition when leaving camp. In the event of emergency, u can craft tools using the flint you carried and dispose them if a better loot comes along.

16. Evicting the spiders in autumn without webber. There are plenty of trees and rocks everywhere. Precious time in autumn should not be spent fighting that many spiders. Tier 3 spider nest is not that hard to kill, especially in DST. I would leave the spider nests for webber to collect so webber can collect 20+ spider nest for his spider farm.

17. Hunting koalephant. If you had harvested full moon, you would have enough meat; chasing after koalephant takes quite a bit of time, which I think is not worth it.

18. Spending early game time killing hound mounds. There are other places to mine for gold.

19. Digging sapling and grass tuft far from base. There is no need to dig away from base. A good and functional base should have grass and twigs in chest. Saplings and grass tufts away from base will burn in summer anyway, so might as well protect them under the flingomatics.

20. Digging berry bushes late in autumn. The berry bushes are not going to work in winter. I would skip berry bushes and go straight to bunny farm or bee boxes.

21. Building only 4 crockpots station when you can go for 6 crockpots.

22. Lightning rod in late autumn. Normal lightning only comes in spring for DST

23. The guide seems too rigid. What if the player encounter dragonfly desert or swamp first?

But seriously, the guide is not that horrible. What it has done good is:

1. Exploring with map. You can see more on map than screen, unless you use mod, so checking the map is good, especially at night.

2.. Hammering pig houses. The pig houses gathered together is generally more productive and safer

3. Delaying the wood cutting. Delay the wood cutting until when you need to build science machine, so you are not stuck with an axe and logs in your inventory

4. Cooking meat stew. Meat stew is a very efficient recipe for hunger, although cooking with 4 meat is not a good way of doing it.

I don't agree with OP's opinion. The video might be good enough for a private/friend's server. But on a public server or fresh endless server this is a no go. From experience people ammassing pig skins+silk this way log off with all items (same with ruin rushers) for whatever reason or even dying at the DF or monster - and all items turn into ashes and pig skins into food. Leaving the world barren in the first winter encourages people doing the same and this'll result in a faster resource depletion of the world. People should at least respect the server category they are playing on (mostly coop) instead of taking a challange, remove resources and never visit the server again until new regeneration. 

13 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

this makes no sense what you are saying. the game is called dont starve together. what do you think im gonna do with all these ressources? im gonna build a public base... I mean i even cant build a base for myself cause you cant prevent players to join it. and again why should i play dst and make a base for myself only? sure a palyer who has no idea how to build a base and how to make things like bunny/spiderpen or pigfarm than he shoudnt do this strat.

So, basically, you go on a public server, grab all the easy resources, and then you get to decide where the base is and everybody has to join yours—which should be super fun, with someone so bossy. Funny thing: every player I’ve met on a public server who thinks it’s just fine to knock down the naturally spawning pig houses because they “need” the resources suddenly changes their mind about the virtue of this strategy once they’ve built a pig house and someone else knocks it down because they “need” the resources. (Like it’s so hard to kill four spiders and a werepig and chop a few trees, anyway.)

I love @GLERMZ, but he does not join public servers to play with people he doesn’t know. Most of the good servers of this type, like Strictly Unprofessional, ban players for resource grabs like this. They typically have several bases, each with one or two players working on them, and then they team up for raid bosses. Not everyone joins at the same time. A recently joined player should not have to find your base to get hambat materials. 

Oh, I UNDERSTAND the strategy just fine.  I just strongly disagree with it.  NEVER destroy _all_ of everything!  Never!  Unless you plan to not stay on that world very long--if you're going for a quick, destructive apocalypse kind of scenario (AND you're playing ALONE), fine.  Otherwise, always leave at least one of everything so it can gradually regrow. 

--If you MUST genocide the spiders, at least let the last spider nest grow to tier 3, THEN kill it, get the egg, and put said egg in a convenient location where the spiders that come from it won't bug you all the time at night, but close enough to be easily harvestable.

--If you smash all the pig houses really early, a lot of that nice meat will go bad.  (Yes, even if you have drying racks and/or fridges, but if you're doing this super early I'm guessing you won't have at least one of those, if not both.)  Spread your smashing-time out!

--Leaving pig villages where they are can be handy for when hounds show up and you're out exploring/gathering.

--Not everyone wants to use the pigskins for making new houses--umbrellas and football helmets are VERY useful.  Especially the umbrellas in spring and summer.  Also hambats exist.

--Making your own pig town?  Hope you don't do it too close to base, especially if you have any Webbers.  Pigs will also eat anything even SLIGHTLY edible you drop on the ground for even a second, and attack you on the full moon!  (Not to say that making a pig town _itself_ is inherently a bad idea; I've just seen waaaaaayyy too many people put it too close to the base.  Including during my own playtime.)

--Boards and cut stone are hella easy to make; you don't _need_ to steal them from pig houses.

--Smash heads or kill pigs to get skins; don't permanently destroy their spawning places aka houses.

--And if you leave at least one spider nest alive, you can get MORE webs later!

I'm so against _completely_ destroying ANY resource, this "guide" is almost giving me an allergic reaction!  Geh.  I haven't cringed so much since the last time I saw somebody dig up rabbit holes or burn entire grass tufts.  (shudder)

...Notorious

Archived