Oxygen Distribution

I would put in a bridge with the green end right over your liquid lock, white end close to the fire pole, then run a pipe down off the green end through your liquid lock into the floor.  You can split off 4 equal gas distributions from the green end of a bridge, since you have 7 docks that will need a bridge to split it off for 3 and 4.  Then put a bridge on top of your docks and one on bottom, and feed one dock from each side of the green output to split it 100% evenly.

@angrybovine's screenshot gave me an idea when I wondered how to improve on the design. I just made a quick test setup, which seems to work just fine.

20190506180405_1.thumb.jpg.a7338e6b51fe398903e23b255fc6ab8f.jpg

The idea is simple. There is a valve for each dock and since there are 8 docks, each valve is set to 1/8 of a full pipe, which is 125 g. This means if all docks accept oxygen, each get precisely 1/8 of the pipe contents.

However if one or more are full, the far right will get more. If the far right is full, the "overflow" pipe on top will fill and it will fill docks without valve restrictions. This allows 1 kg to a single dock if only one accepts.

Since it's a bit hard to see what goes on with all those pipes, I added a partial setup to the right. It shows 2 "half" setups in the sense that each dock has to get the setup for both of them.

I didn't do extensive testing (I just came up with this design), but from my brief test it looks like it works as intended.

13 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

The valve approach works but is a bit too expensive for my taste.

You spend 900 refined metals already if you want to store 8 suits and then you argue that adding a cost of 350 unrefined metal is too expensive. We can argue if it's "too expensive", but I don't find it unreasonably expensive. It's not like it consumes power either. My biggest concern is actually the fact that it takes up a lot of space under the floor.

3 hours ago, CDoroFF said:

It's my single oxygen suppliment section. The key to fast gas delivery is to use direct output(green)-to-input(white) pipe.
image.png.6fd5293f39cabbe6888347d2cac9ee

I use this as well, after trying several variants. This one works best IMO. Use the same idea to supply several sections of 4 stations each. Usually you want two feeder pumps above 8 stations or so and a separate feed above 12 stations or so.

Archived