New item skins released with the Willow update

29 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Huh... Yellow, like Wendy's ghost form.

391px-NIEdot318.jpgBottom middle looks like Webber's head.:wilson_ecstatic:

Abigail's Flower:

5cd0659d897b7_Abigails_Flower.png.efef733967ee8d8fd78ec0252c365332.png

If you talk about the "flower" in the head of Abigail & Wendy, that´s a bow actually.

511NtiH75hL._SX355_.jpg.7a69cb57724602e9c77b565dfd4dfd2b.jpg

Even Wilson remarks this: 

"Awww, she has a cute little bow." (Examine Abigail)

18 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Abigail's Flower:

If you talk about the "flower" in the head of Abigail & Wendy, that´s a bow actually.

Even Wislon remarks this: 

"Awww, she has a cute little bow." (Examine Abigail)

If you look at the Big Portraits of Wendy, it's very clearly a flower (same for Abigail since they share the same flower sprite). 

You always have to remember that characters can be idiots too—especially Wilson.

9 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

If you look at the Big Portraits of Wendy, it's very clearly a flower (same for Abigail since they share the same flower sprite). 

You always have to remember that characters can be idiots too—especially Wilson.

You mean this? It´s a bow in bad conditions, by the effects of live in the wilderness.

Wendy.thumb.png.b6ac240679847a7d0acb517b4ff8d889.png

stuff.png.84e5a4975c693bb4b520d2ff82b7019f.png

Could go either way on the default. I moreso meant how most of the skins change it into a different flower.

Well, look: 

You're talking about skins and that is a different thing from the normal/default one, and not all the skins have flowers (Example: Winter Fest & Victorian).

22 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

You mean this? It´s a bow in bad conditions, by the effects of live in the wilderness.

Still looks like a flower to me. I could see it going either way depending on our bias.

I was mostly referring to how a handful of the skins end up turning said "object" into a different kind of flower. Though The Truimphant ends up using Abigail's flower as the hairpin item anyway. Right now I'm trying to find a Klei art stream (for the Funko Posters I guess) where they draw her.

6 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Well, look: 

You're talking about skins and that is a different thing from the "normal" one, and not all the skins have flowers (Example: Winter Fest & Victorian).

Careful with quoting deleted messages.

Regardless, skins aren't devoid of telling information. Due to how "wild" the art is on the "object" using what we have to compare and contrast is essential to any form of information affirming.

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Careful with quoting deleted messages.

¿?

Well, careful with what you write then. 

Anyways, you deleted message had good info about the bow:

"Abigail always helped me tie the bow." (Examine Bundling Wrap)

Regardless, skins aren't devoid of telling information.

I never denied that. But we´re talking about default Wendy, not her skins. 

7 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

If you're still making that statement then you are denying that. We are talking about default Wendy, yes that has been addressed a few times now. The point is that the visuals are not clear—take a good look art some fanart and you'll see most people took it as a flower not a bow. The only thing we have going to support the bow idea is a quote by a character in-game.

Naturally, I found a trend among Wendy's differing appearances and brought it up. Simple as that.

7 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Anyways, you deleted message had good info about the bow:

"Abigail always helped me tie the bow." (Examine Bundling Wrap)

It was deleted for a reason. It wasn't as concrete as I initially thought since it may have nothing to do with her "hairpin" item anyway and just be referring to tying the bundles up—or presents if Winter's Feast is on. I pretty much just went into a few speech files and searched "bow", but it's not quite accurate to assume everything is immediately referring to this one thing—though it may be.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

If you're still making that statement then you are denying that.

In which part I said explicitly "skins don't give information" in this thread?

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The point is that the visuals are not clear—take a good look art some fanart and you'll see most people took it as a flower not a bow.

It´s better don't involve fanart on this, everybody have his own reasons to produce his works and we should respect that.

10 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The only thing we have going to support the bow idea is a quote by a character in-game.

That's how the research of info starts, then you find more from the same place and finally use your own capacities out there. 

13 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Naturally, I found a trend among Wendy's differing appearances and brought it up. Simple as that.

14 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It was deleted for a reason. It wasn't as concrete as I initially thought since it may have nothing to do with her "hairpin" item anyway and just be referring to tying the bundles up—or presents if Winter's Feast is on. I pretty much just went into a few speech files and searched "bow", but it's not quite accurate to assume everything is immediately referring to this one thing—though it may be.

Well, personally I think is good find info and share with the community. So, it´s nice see the same interest in others.  

1 minute ago, Tapirus said:

In which part I said explicitly "skins don't give information" in this thread?

You're dismissing it:

29 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

If you actually think otherwise than clarify instead of drawing this out with semantics.

3 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

It´s better don't involve fanart on this, everybody have his own reasons to produce his works and we should respect that.

You're missing the point entirely. I'm simple stating that the object is unclear, as shown by the masses. It's much better than saying "it's unclear because my opinion differs from your own". I'm not saying they're correct in any sense. Just that the common interpretation seems to be a flower.

4 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

That's how the research of info starts, then you find more from the same place and finally use your own capacities out there. 

No problem with that. I pointed that out solely because that's the only information we have at the moment. Which isn't very telling, especially for something that threatens to toss out a long-held idea.

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

New item skins released with the Willow update:
>Literally Wendy bow discussion on page two

Yeah, we should get back on topic. This is my last comment on this matter to prevent further derailing.

Feel free to make your own final rebuttal if you'd like.

16 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

You're missing the point entirely. I'm simple stating that the object is unclear, as shown by the masses. It's much better than saying "it's unclear because my opinion differs from your own". I'm not saying they're correct in any sense. Just that the common interpretation seems to be a flower.

No problem with that. I pointed that out solely because that's the only information we have at the moment. Which isn't very telling, especially for something that threatens to toss out a long-held idea.

Yeah, we should get back on topic. This is my last comment on this matter to prevent further derailing.

Feel free to make your own final rebuttal if you'd like.

Well, is ok. 

I don't take the posts like "who rebutte who" actually, but is ok if you think is better let the things in this way. After all, the topic is about other stuff.   

12 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

New item skins released with the Willow update

Literally wendy bow discusssion on page 2

Exactly my thoughts haha :"D

I don't mind the off topic, it was interesting to read

Archived