Cannot Register on Lobby Server

Dsy6bSESo me and a couple other steam friends have had trouble with griefers in the past and as such, when I got a new gaming computer, I tried to create my own dedicated server. I followed the instructions pinned on the forum, except 1: the instructions for getting the token are a tad old so I had to use the ~, TheNet:GenerateClusterToken() method, and 2: the directory for dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer was off, it was c/programfiles86/steam/steamapps/common/dstserver/bin

What I think the issue is is that my computer (in Sydney, Australia) is trying to connect to the lobby server in Sing (prolly Singapore) and can't, probably because of ping.

Is my guess correct? Is the edits to the instructions I detailed above to blame? Is it possible to fix it? Any help would be appreciated

-

Untitled.png

First of all you can't really blame a guide for not being absolutely flawless in any possible way. There are always some variations regarding your setup, environment, etc. Also things change over time, and are not always adapted immediately. (It'd be wayy too much effort to do so.)

21 hours ago, Stitcher said:

1: the instructions for getting the token are a tad old so I had to use the ~, TheNet:GenerateClusterToken() method

Yes, that apparently changed. You can either do it over the ingame main menu account button, or over your klei account page now. You can access it here: https://accounts.klei.com/account/game/servers?game=DontStarveTogether

2: the directory for dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer was off, it was c/programfiles86/steam/steamapps/common/dstserver/bin

You can install it whereever you want, there's no fix location. The path in the guide was prob just a default path for steamcmd, whereas your path seems to be the one from steam. Depends on where you configure it to install, and what you use to install it.

What I think the issue is is that my computer (in Sydney, Australia) is trying to connect to the lobby server in Sing (prolly Singapore) and can't, probably because of ping.

I don't see anything indicating that the registering failed. According to your screenshots it succeded doing that perfectly.
If it'd failed it would have said "Failed to register master Server in Sing." or something like that.

Can't fix something that works, you know :wilsoalmostangelic:

Sorry if I sound pedantic but that doesn't help me at all. It doesn't work, so telling that it does isn't helping. I've included various other pics of the various error messages that pop up and would appreciate if anyone could provide some insight into the issues I've been having.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Looking at those screenshots, it seems like either a port you are trying to use is already in use, or your firewall is blocking it. (Also described in this post.)

Also there are some messages in your log (Truncating snapshot#...) that indicate that there's something wrong with your world. Try removing it and generating a fresh one. (Described here.)

Ok, so i got it working... kinda

I don't know what the problem was, cos I gave up the on method I was using and started following this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635281092.

It worked, while the other one didn't, I got no clue why. Posting this so if anyone else has the same problem they can give this one a shot.

Over and out

Archived