Is there any info about Warbucks?

4 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

I do not want to create a new thread, so I will ask here: does anyone has Warbucks alternate portrait where he is smiling? There is one on wikia, but it is in very low resolution.

It was leaked/shown off during an live stream, so all we have is a small, low resolution screen cap.

8 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

It was leaked/shown off during an live stream, so all we have is a small, low resolution screen cap.

That was in-game at one point, if I recall. Around the same time his title got change from "The Gentleman Hunter" to "The Affluent Explorer" to better fit his actual in-game mechanics.

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

That was in-game at one point, if I recall. Around the same time his title got change from "The Gentleman Hunter" to "The Affluent Explorer" to better fit his actual in-game mechanics.

Not the case, I have the files from back then and it was always the same.

6 hours ago, Zeklo said:

His title and quotes changed, but sadly, the portrait never made it in before his demise. 

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

His title and quotes changed, but sadly, the portrait never made it in before his demise. 

That's remarkably strange because I've definitely seen that image before. Yet I most certainly haven't attended any Hamlet Klei streams, and I don't use the wiki.

If anything I may have glimpsed it on discord but even then that had the UI and everything. I'm gonna search my chat history, but that's quite the time passed. Don't have high hopes but we'll see.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:33 AM, pedregales said:

Yeah, Warbucks kicked the bucket.

To be fair Klei should remove Warbucks from all promotional posters, videos, and trailers. I mean, in the Steam page you can see videos and pictures of him playing, so I can understand some confusion about the topic; plus it was badly worded.

Wow they actually removed all traces of Warbucks on Youtube and Steam. Too bad I loved the Wilba animation in that video. :( 

10 hours ago, SouthTom said:

Wow they actually removed all traces of Warbucks on Youtube and Steam. Too bad I loved the Wilba animation in that video. :( 

I still see screenshots of Warbucks on Steam page of Hamlet, but one of the trailers disappeared.ss_6eb4c28c87377cca4887d06f505d615c08b2d

ss_0c1f758509543c99ec3b92fa653deda23b9fc366.1920x1080.jpg?t=1549578456

11 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

We won't give up Warbucks that easily! KLEI, WE DEMAND JUSTICE FOR WARBUCKS!!!

Sssshhhh... There, there. It's okay, he's fine.

He just got on the Nightmare Throne and overpowered it letting him return safely home to conquer other lands.

8 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Sssshhhh... There, there. It's okay, he's fine.

He just got on the Nightmare Throne and overpowered it letting him return safely home to conquer other lands.

Headcanon is that Warbucks escaped the Constant in a matter of mere months unlike all the other poor chaps. That's why he's not there anymore :(

37 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Headcanon is that Warbucks escaped the Constant in a matter of mere months unlike all the other poor chaps. That's why he's not there anymore :(

This.

Personally, I can get Klei dropping Warbucks, however, since Klei is made up of a bunch of people that love to please their fans, I can see them re-releasing a better Warbucks after Early Access, since almost everyone that talks about him wants him back, and because it's be a shame to waste all the promotional art/videos/etc that feature him.

26 minutes ago, Canis said:

This.

Personally, I can get Klei dropping Warbucks, however, since Klei is made up of a bunch of people that love to please their fans, I can see them re-releasing a better Warbucks after Early Access, since almost everyone that talks about him wants him back, and because it's be a shame to waste all the promotional art/videos/etc that feature him.

That's optimistic.

10 hours ago, Hell-met said:

wheeler is the "better warbucks" me thinks

I personally do not like Wheeler. She is OP when Warbucks has more overall boring, but also more challenging gameplay. Wheeler is glass cannon and that makes her OP because it is not hard to learn kiting in DS. I prefer characters like Warbucks that do not have that big impact on gameplay.

15 hours ago, Canis said:

I can see them re-releasing a better Warbucks after Early Access,

They did it called wheeler.

I mean her gun and navigadget somehow fit on affluent explorer hunter I.E warbucks.

8 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

They did it called wheeler.

I mean her gun and navigadget somehow fit on affluent explorer hunter I.E warbucks.

Wheeler is more of a fighting character than explorer character. They should make her more like fighter and bring back Warbucks and make him more like explorer.

I think people are picking and poking at the aspects of this issue that they don't like and failing to take the situation as a whole. The fact is, they had a character that they unwittingly gave some questionable characterization, so they corrected it, and at some point, they also decided that the character just wasn't that interesting or fun to play. They couldn't rectify the latter to their satisfaction, so they decided that instead of putting more work into a character who had inadvertently gained some unfortunate associations and so had been "tarnished" in a way that people might remember, they gave him the axe. It wasn't one thing or the other, it was both. Chopping the character allowed them not only to ditch a mildly tainted concept, but reframe what they wanted for a character in a way that obviously inspired further iteration. It was the right call. Let the modders finish him if they so choose and just leave it alone before the conversation devolves into the usual suspects roaring at each other again.

Archived