Is there any info about Warbucks?

Do we know anything about Warbucks rework? What his new skills will look like? Will his quotes and outlook be changed? When will he be added to the game, if added at all? If you know anything, please tell me.

39 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Do we know anything about Warbucks rework? What his new skills will look like? Will his quotes and outlook be changed? When will he be added to the game, if added at all? If you know anything, please tell me.

...You know he's been cut, right? As in, not coming back.

Like, there's been a ton of discourse about it.

Heck, I made a meme, for crying out loud!

How did you miss all that?!

1 hour ago, inferjus4 said:

Check out the wiki page for more info about his removalĀ here

He was retired and wont be worked on, but his files still exist and he can be played with console commands

Warbucks is the gift that keeps on giving. Ā He's gone, he's not coming back, and please let's not start yet another discussion on the veracity of the decision. Ā 

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i heard they were updating some quotes while hes dead is this true?

They already updated them, but then afterwards he was cut.

Ā 

3 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

He's gone, as the others have said. He's not coming back, and most of what was left of him was recycled into Wheeler.

You can still play him, and worlds with him on it before he was cut are still fully working.

He's kind of like a secret bonus character, now.Ā 

1 hour ago, Namelessgamer said:

Yes, he got quotes for all wheeler and Wagstaff stuffs

Oh, did they mean for new content for the stuff Klei said they would change?Ā 

I thought they were talking about the new less controversial strings, not new content, my bad.

Yeah, Warbucks kicked the bucket.

To be fair Klei should remove Warbucks from all promotional posters, videos, and trailers. I mean, in the Steam page you can see videos and pictures of him playing, so I can understand some confusion about the topic; plus it was badly worded.

I like to believe the majority of the reason he was removed was because his personality was boring, and his gameplay was uninspired.

Why Klei decided to add the "CuLtUrAlLy PrObLeMaTiC" line after baffles me, they could have just NOT said anything and I don't think as many people would be as fervent for his return.

IMO he should have been turned into a villain type character, more along the lines of someone like Clayton, instead of Archimedes Q Porter (Who they directly referenced as inspiration).

Ā 

But even then, he would need speech reworks, gameplay reworks, maybe art reworks like many wanted, and that's a hell of a lot of effort considering they likely have hundreds of different character concepts they could be working on by now.

I'm just a bit annoyed that console players can't even mod him back in the game, at least we PC players have the luxury.

2 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I like to believe the majority of the reason he was removed was because his personality was boring, and his gameplay was uninspired.

Why Klei decided to add the "CuLtUrAlLy PrObLeMaTiC" line after baffles me, they could have just NOT said anything and I don't think as many people would be as fervent for his return.

IMO he should have been turned into a villain type character, more along the lines of someone like Clayton, instead of Archimedes Q Porter (Who they directly referenced as inspiration).

Ā 

But even then, he would need speech reworks, gameplay reworks, maybe art reworks like many wanted, and that's a hell of a lot of effort considering they likely have hundreds of different character concepts they could be working on by now.

I'm just a bit annoyed that console players can't even mod him back in the game, at least we PC players have the luxury.

"Let's remove content that was in the game for months that was still in active use because we find it boring!"

tenor.gif

...I'm sorry, I just had to.

I still do not understand why Klei decided to remove him. If someone would find him boring to play then he could just not play him. And if someone was offended by his personality and quotes, well, then I am worried what people like that are not offended by.

It's pretty hypocritical for Klei to remove an entire character for being boringĀ while meanwhileĀ they change Wilba to be more useful outside of Hamlet and insofar have regularly given Wheeler balance changes based on community feedback.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

It's pretty hypocritical for Klei to remove an entire character for being boringĀ while meanwhileĀ they change Wilba to be more useful outside of Hamlet and insofar have regularly given Wheeler balance changes based on community feedback.

The concept was boring.

Wilba is a pig princess who is vulnerable to be cursed under the moon's light,Ā there's a lot to work with there. Warbucks was what...? Seemed like a "Big Game Hunter" but was actually just a half-baked coin hoarder or something. His concept wasn't interestingā€”is that subjective? Sure. I have no doubt they could have made it work if they wanted to, but why put so much effort into a concept you don't even find interesting?

Wheeler's perks/cons are pretty interesting, and they could have technicallyĀ just given that to Warbucks but it wouldn't have fit.

It wouldn't be Warbucks.

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The concept was boring.

Wilba is a pig princess who is vulnerable to be cursed under the moon's light,Ā there's a lot to work with there. Warbucks was what...? Seemed like a "Big Game Hunter" but was actually just a half-baked coin hoarder or something. His concept wasn't interestingā€”is that subjective? Sure. I have no doubt they could have made it work if they wanted to, but why put so much effort into a concept you don't even find interesting?

Wheeler's perks/cons are pretty interesting, and they could have technicallyĀ just given that to Warbucks but it wouldn't have fit.

It wouldn't be Warbucks.

The concept was boring because the gameplay was boring. All kleiĀ had to do was rotate heĀ around the theme of hunting and rifle, and the personality of Warbucks would remain with a unique and captivating gameplay. Thing that,Ā in part, KleiĀ really gave Wheeler.
The community came up with ideas for better Warbucks and made it a "glass cannon" long before Wheeler's arrival (myself included).
There is still a mod that makes Warbucks a unique and exciting challenge.
Klei's choice to remove he remains questionable and unwise.

Just now, Pop Guy said:

The concept was boring because the gameplay was boring. All it had to do was rotate it around the theme of hunting and rifle, and the personality of Warbucks would remain with a unique and captivating gameplay. What, in part, they really gave Wheeler.
The community came up with ideas for better Warbucks and made it a "glass cannon" long before Wheeler's arrival (myself included).
There is still a mod that makes Warbucks a unique and exciting challenge.
Klei's choice to remove it remains questionable and unwise.

Also, gameplay being boring doesn't justify the character itself getting the axe as it was actually something new.

3 minutes ago, Roosev said:

Also, gameplay being boring doesn't justify the character itself getting the axe as it was actually something new.

literally rush 3 or 4 relics for oincs and boom your sanity problems begone.

Archived