Beta branch for the release patch?

1 hour ago, Nightinggale said:

Just think about slime with the dedicated machines, critters and plants and it's all linked to just one biome. If the new biomes have nothing like that, they will feel like half additions and something, whcih can be ignored ingame. I don't think that is their goal.

I`m sure they will add recipies for the new biomes. Actually there are things in the codex like pyrite and electrum that can be smelted into iron and gold respectively. Surely those will be added to the smelter. Adding recipies is easy. A machine working like the algae distiller wouldn`t be much bug inducing either. Basic input and basic output or two. Just like all machines in the game. I`m sure there will be something. There`s no reason to add new biomes if they are empty of course.

I`m not saying there won`t be any bugs. Graphical glitches and balance issues are very likely but it`s nothing gamebreaking. It`s the gamebreaking bugs we need to fear when it comes to release. It`s possible they will avoind those if they just add content to the existing systems.

I had a small amount of hope we would see something this week but I think we can now assume there will be no preview/bug busting before release.  It does not make sense for them to release with only 1 week to go...unless they delay it.

I think this might go back to their slime lung incident that caused the three week delay earlier this year and that removed the 3 weeks needed to meet their deadline for release (assuming it was somewhat set in stone)

20 hours ago, chemie said:

.unless they delay it.

Well now we know:

19 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Rather than launch something we’re not feeling great about, we’re just going to hold off a bit. We are moving release to July and we expect to open for testing around the end of June. 

We have to wait quite a bit more but the upside is there will be a beta branch about a month from now.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Well now we know:

We have to wait quite a bit more but the upside is there will be a beta branch about a month from now.

not sure I was expecting a 2 month hit though

2 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

There is an arrow on the top right of each quote and it's a link to the post the quote is from. In this case it's the top sticky in General Discussion.

Ah, thanks. Got it.

5 hours ago, bumbaclad said:

Hope they give us a beta to test a couple weeks prior to release. Don't make the same mistake They Are Billions just did.

we expect to open for testing around the end of June. 

19 hours ago, bumbaclad said:

Hope they give us a beta to test a couple weeks prior to release. Don't make the same mistake They Are Billions just did.

I agree with your comment!

Don't make the same mistake as They Are Billions.  Trying to 'surprise' us with new content before previewing/testing can severely backfire- especially if it fails to deliver on expectations.

I think TAB could have avoided their campaign FLOP by releasing their campaign as early access  very early in the development/design process so people can see what the campaign is about.    I mean god its boring and the mechanics of the campaign is just bad.

There's just no point in trying to hide the content from early access players.   You've already gotten our money, and at least we can provide feedback to adjust / change before release so that you don't get a massive review bomb.

13 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

I agree with your comment!

Don't make the same mistake as They Are Billions.  Trying to 'surprise' us with new content before previewing/testing can severely backfire- especially if it fails to deliver on expectations.

I think TAB could have avoided their campaign FLOP by releasing their campaign as early access  very early in the development/design process so people can see what the campaign is about.    I mean god its boring and the mechanics of the campaign is just bad.

There's just no point in trying to hide the content from early access players.   You've already gotten our money, and at least we can provide feedback to adjust / change before release so that you don't get a massive review bomb.

There were actually people banned for putting out criticism on the underdeveloped release of TAB. Big difference between how the community is managed here and at the steam forums of TAB.

I agree that the new content should be released in early access first. Or at the very least to some private, independent testers.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:34 PM, smithdl said:

I mean honestly, how many new players do you think this game will pull?

I hope a lot. This game deserves a huge player base, it's one of the best base building games out there at the moment and it hasn't been released yet...

10 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

preview will only be available to those with 2500 posts (is that true?) is that really wise? are they enough test the game of bugs, give opinion and such?

People with 2500 posts and those can actually determine the validity of that claim.

Here is a hint: The posting history of some people may provide a clue.

Is anyone with any hope of a preview? I think theyre with devs crazy doing things to dst "also delayed " and oni delayed plus prolonged time till each update plus no post for the players. I love and have all ds games but oni is needing more attention right now, then dst, then hamlet/shipwrecked im having 2 bugs kinda frequently with wendy there, multiple abigails and nightcrawlers attacking even when not insane and in groups of 5.

Where do you guys get all this strange information about post-gated betas and additional 2 month delays? I went to the Steam page, last news is still the one that moved release to July and testing to end of June.

EDIT: Oh lol nvm it's a necroed thread and those were old posts :D I'm a derp. Carry on.

Archived