Beta branch for the release patch?

5 hours ago, Oozinator said:

I even searched canadian weather/news sites, to check if there was any bad condition at your region. (perhaps a snowy tree fell on the internet, or a bear did something ugly).

Linus Media Group likely overdid some experiment again and this time they killed the entire Vancouver internet connection :o

EDIT: you could say that Linux dropped the connection :p

30 minutes ago, bmilohill said:

We really don't. It's 10, maybe 20 of us whining on forums because we're bored at work. That salary is better spent on dev's working on bugs. 

Also - we have one. Who is the one person in this thread actively riling us up, which is an underhanded way of just getting us pumped for the release? Who is secretly a Klei employee, which is why he has a title, not just 'member,' or 'senior member.' Clearly, @Oozinator is the community manager. 

I appreciate the humor and making me see the relativity of all of it.

I do think even though we are a very small part of the community, and frankly our voice counts as much as the next person, this is a rather significant question.

We can't force anyone to answer, and nobody can force us to stop caring for this game. I think being there since the EA started, make you invest emotionally as well.

Food for thought.

56 minutes ago, bmilohill said:

Ipsquiggle, who has been the main line of communication of late especially regarding updates, hasn't even logged into the forums since April 29. Maybe he is on vacation. Maybe the entropy got him. 

Oh, no! He must have entombed himself by accident and nobody there to free him! 

ips.jpg.18710470a932cccd510ac1942d0c23df.jpg

15 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

our voice counts as much as the next person

I disagree with that statement. People don't count equally. In fact there are two tiers of people on the forum: players and mod creators. The key difference is that a steam workshop full of well working mods helps to sell more copies of the game. A forum full of players with some idea about what to do about the game they already paid for will not provide new income.

That's not the same as they actually do listen more to some people than other people. We can't assume either way.

5 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I can imagine the devs discussing hard if they actually should make a beta branch for the release and how to do it. Maybe they are silent beacause they didn`t fully decide yet.

I'm thinking something like that as well. On one hand don't spoil the surprise of all the new contents. On the other hand get it tested and allow mod creators to update their mods. There might be even more facts to consider, which we will never know about.

18 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I can imagine the devs discussing hard if they actually should make a beta branch for the release and how to do it. Maybe they are silent beacause they didn`t fully decide yet.

Well, probably they are just running behind and do not have a stable or complete enough version yet. They cannot really shift the release date and should not leave things out, after all.

10 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Well, probably they are just running behind and do not have a stable or complete enough version yet. They cannot really shift the release data and should not leave things out, after all.

I have bad feeling they just busy with something more important and haven't read anything from this thread, as they do not as care about it anymore.
Counting the fact how low communication from devs become last months, as how active they were at start.

3 minutes ago, O.n.y said:

I have bad feeling they just busy with something more important and haven't read anything from this thread, as they do not as care about it anymore.
Counting the fact how low communication from devs become last months, as how active they were at start.

I doubt that. No single event is as important than the official release.

Just now, Gurgel said:

True, but
Despite this, there is not a single response from the developers in recent days, so the conclusions suggest themselves

5 minutes ago, O.n.y said:

True, but
Despite this, there is not a single response from the developers in recent days, so the conclusions suggest themselves

Well, maybe they were celebrating prematurely and now they are all running around vomiting, since they got food with germs!

I always thought the dupe stress-reactions are based on what happens in reality when a release gets close and things are not progressing well ;)  

8 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Agreed. Preparing the code for the official release is more important than hanging out on some internet forum, which is part jokes, part idle talk and a few serious posts. Just look through this thread. How many of the posts will Klei gain anything from reading? They know we want a pre-release, which isn't surprising. What else is there in this thread that they can use?

3 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

Agreed. Preparing the code for the official release is more important than hanging out on some internet forum, which is part jokes, part idle talk and a few serious posts. Just look through this thread. How many of the posts will Klei gain anything from reading? They know we want a pre-release, which isn't surprising. What else is there in this thread that they can use?

This is not about they would use anything from this, but about how they treat own community and what feeling community will have after.
I think it is important to have communication, even if they would say something which would took like 5 min of any of their team (i am sure they have people responsible for communication) would make a big difference in good sense - and this exactly what people were waiting for, just give us few words.

36 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

As sad as it is, I think the word "today" in the sentence is a bit off...:?

We can string along hope through next Tuesday but by next Thursday, I will need to agree with your sad conclusion.

When we have information to give you - we will give it to you. We're currently reviewing our progress on the lead-up to launch and will have more information soon. I do not have an ETA at the moment therefore we don't have more info.

5 minutes ago, JoeW said:

When we have information to give you - we will give it to you. We're currently reviewing our progress on the lead-up to launch and will have more information soon. I do not have an ETA at the moment therefore we don't have more info.

Well, atleast a "no-comment" comment to put my mind at ease :p

I'm going to be pelted with rotten vegetables for saying this, but I hope we don't get a beta for 1.0.  I'd like to save the surprise for launch, and there's no way I'll be able to duck spoilers and/or resist the temptation to fire up a new colony for 2.5 more weeks.

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

When we have information to give you - we will give it to you. We're currently reviewing our progress on the lead-up to launch and will have more information soon. I do not have an BETA at the moment therefore we don't have more info.

Thanks for your answer, we understand it's a busy week with Hamlet and DST beside to prepare the ONI launch. :)

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Pretty much what I thought. Thanks for the info anyways!

Archived