Beta branch for the release patch?

Maybe the testing branch will be released 2 weeks before the release of the game like the uprgades before the Qol ones when it was 6 weeks of developpement before a new upgrade.

3 minutes ago, AMBLCO said:

Maybe the testing branch will be released 2 weeks before the release of the game like the uprgades before the Qol ones when it was 6 weeks of developpement before a new upgrade.

STOP GIVING US HOPE

5 hours ago, bmilohill said:

Hopefully as a community we can do a good job at explaining to the new kids how it all works.

I think this is the important part.

It is absolutely obvious that the quality of the game will improve, when we can test it for bugs in a preview period. But this update is something special.

It will be the last milestone of the early access period and therefore mark a highlight for both, the new players, who encounter the game for the first time, and also us early accessors, who will have a huge junk of new content one final time.

It would be very anticlimactic for all of us, if we would simply have one last update, then 3 weeks of previewing and then a final release. After those 3 weeks, many of us will already have lost interest. It would be unfair for the new players to not experience the great community in one of its brightest moments (when an update is released).

So instead of splitting the community into two parts: EA and New Customers, this update is a chance to merge the two groups and have us all experience the update in the same timeframe. That way New Customers can already contribute in the making of guides and design feedback.

And when it comes to bugs: It was said on the livestream that there has been a separate branch for several months already. And klei surely has some inhouse testers (or friends and family) who can also help with that.

I dont consider it unlikely, that we wont have a preview this time (not that i wouldnt like to have one). There are definitely some arguments for not previewing the final release.

13 hours ago, blash365 said:

I think this is the important part.

It is absolutely obvious that the quality of the game will improve, when we can test it for bugs in a preview period. But this update is something special.

It will be the last milestone of the early access period and therefore mark a highlight for both, the new players, who encounter the game for the first time, and also us early accessors, who will have a huge junk of new content one final time.

It would be very anticlimactic for all of us, if we would simply have one last update, then 3 weeks of previewing and then a final release. After those 3 weeks, many of us will already have lost interest. It would be unfair for the new players to not experience the great community in one of its brightest moments (when an update is released).

So instead of splitting the community into two parts: EA and New Customers, this update is a chance to merge the two groups and have us all experience the update in the same timeframe. That way New Customers can already contribute in the making of guides and design feedback.

And when it comes to bugs: It was said on the livestream that there has been a separate branch for several months already. And klei surely has some inhouse testers (or friends and family) who can also help with that.

I dont consider it unlikely, that we wont have a preview this time (not that i wouldnt like to have one). There are definitely some arguments for not previewing the final release.

You're right, but it's only true for the EA player and the Day one player if they decided to wait the release to reveal the patch. Because, a player will begin the game in september (for example) will be in the category "arrived after the hype" so your logic is only true for a short term.

I am here from public alpha start, when i made localization for the game, supporting it still <3. 

It is so sad, there is no preview branch for release of the game, i feel abandoned :( 

My only interest for now is not the new bioms or new stuff but the balance of the game. Whit regolith if you close all the surface and permit input only for exit and arrive of rockets, you can manage a good balance. If you try the solar panels whit wild shove vole you are fried. The new germs and spores is a little face lift of the game, same whit rocket and extraterrestrial planets. I still want for another sources of wolfram (still finite resources), possibility the solution of abyssalite problem (and grinding isolation isn't it one of them, abyss bugs either), and uses for unwanted material (see sulfur) 

13 minutes ago, blacknight7890 said:

I'm guessing they are delaying the beta branch because Don't Starve Together updated recently and they didn't want to stack the updates.

Yes, I think it count a lot in this potential delay.

And they launched Hamlet beside the DST update.

Just going to do one more try:

@Ipsquiggle @JoeW @Cheerio @Brook We just want a clear statement, mates. Will there be a preview branch of the final update, or will we immediately go to official launch of the game? If you are still considering the choice, please do let us help out! It doesn't matter for me personally if I am not in a preview branch, but there is a whole lot of players around here who are deeply experienced with the game mechanics and are the best choice of testers you can ever have. It would be beneficial.

Still, if the answer is "no, we are just going straight to a full launch", then that's certainly fine for us as well. All we want, is some clarity. I think 2 minutes out of your time for a reply is not that much of an ask.

Man, I kinda hope that the image of the 2500 forum posting thing is fake, because I'd kill to get into the beta branch to test the newer update. I guess Its time to kick my community interaction into.. MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!

21 minutes ago, kurzaen said:

Man, I kinda hope that the image of the 2500 forum posting thing is fake, because I'd kill to get into the beta branch to test the newer update. I guess Its time to kick my community interaction into.. MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!

seeing as it doesn't show up in Ipsquiggle's post history, im guessing its fake

45 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Just going to do one more try:

@Ipsquiggle @JoeW @Cheerio @Brook We just want a clear statement, mates. Will there be a preview branch of the final update, or will we immediately go to official launch of the game? If you are still considering the choice, please do let us help out! It doesn't matter for me personally if I am not in a preview branch, but there is a whole lot of players around here who are deeply experienced with the game mechanics and are the best choice of testers you can ever have. It would be beneficial.

Still, if the answer is "no, we are just going straight to a full launch", then that's certainly fine for us as well. All we want, is some clarity. I think 2 minutes out of your time for a reply is not that much of an ask.

I try it then on a daily base, till release and every day i must ask same question, i increase fontsize +1

2 hours ago, Oozinator said:

A new day  is born

@Ipsquiggle @JoeW @Cheerio @Brook

Ok the statement is "clear" now, that we get no preview this time, but i give you a -1 for communication this time!
I even searched canadian weather/news sites, to check if there was any bad condition at your region.
(perhaps a snowy tree fell on the internet, or a bear did something ugly).

I'll be in Vancouver next month, few days after the final release, for 2 weeks. A bit too late, as I would have knocked on their door to get an answer I could bring to everyone ^^

15 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

The lack of a simple answer really worries me. Not even a "no comment" comment.

Possible they've not seen the thread. 
Cherrio and Brook are active, but only in the bug reports threads. 
JoeW is only active in Don't Starve. 
Ipsquiggle, who has been the main line of communication of late especially regarding updates, hasn't even logged into the forums since April 29. Maybe he is on vacation. Maybe the entropy got him. 

5 minutes ago, bmilohill said:

Possible they've not seen the thread. 
Cherrio and Brook are active, but only in the bug reports threads. 
JoeW is only active in Don't Starve. 
Ipsquiggle, who has been the main line of communication of late especially regarding updates, hasn't even logged into the forums since April 29. Maybe he is on vacation. Maybe the entropy got him. 

They should get notifications though.

Arghh... We need a proper community manager.

3 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Arghh... We need a proper community manager.

We really don't. It's 10, maybe 20 of us whining on forums because we're bored at work. That salary is better spent on dev's working on bugs. 

Also - we have one. Who is the one person in this thread actively riling us up, which is an underhanded way of just getting us pumped for the release? Who is secretly a Klei employee, which is why he has a title, not just 'member,' or 'senior member.' Clearly, @Oozinator is the community manager. 

Archived