situpc

Research could be a much more interesting player experience

ThirdEye    2

I agree. Both the material from specific biomes and experimental parts sound very nice. :)

AndreyKl    78
On 30.04.2019 at 4:46 AM, situpc said:

This also leads me to the point of requiring material from specific biomes to unlock relevant research paths.

+1. Simply having access to resources sounds a bit 'hollow' as a requirement, so research station probably should consume resources. But since some resources are rare it might be better to consume some 'initial resources' to start research and then go with normal research process.

I_Link_I    41

I think that this sounds realy nice,it would be great to have a more complex research because right now  its propably the least difficult part of the game.

Daxterr    300

This sounds really interesting, not goona lie. The game is almost officially done though, so I don't really see klei adding it at this point. It would be a fantastic mod though. Maybe part of a DLC addition that Klei makes in the future. 

if you think about it i had a suggestion for a blueprint board if its not on here here is the description. Ahem. The blueprint board would serve to a new reasearch icon. Reason why i got the idea. In the rocket industry animation there is a board where a duplacant was drawing blueprints. maybe a blueprint desk in the game or a board for it.  That was a simplafeid but also more in depth descriptoin the original was differnt