Who I think the next DLC character is

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

2 words.... MIGHTY WOLFGANG

Mighty Wolfgang and hunchbacks are vastly different.

First off, again, Wolfgang's sprites enlarge. And are nowhere near the same shape/size of that of a hunchback.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.016f8f71bed8e56a2eb5e1ac532f9f2d.png

image.png.c93c0cff33a29a29cec0d9e4b265c660.png

Plus, if they make a new hunchback character, they're gonna have to re-do every skin item, and at the very least, just the torsos, which is still a lot.

And new sprites for the clothing/armors, too. A lot of work.

Also, Mumsy is huge compared to Wolfgang. 

And yes, Pigs can wear hats, and as of YOTPK sort of weapons, but they're still nowhere near close enough to being actual players.

However, I'm not saying it's impossible, it is, just really costly.

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Plus, if they make a new hunchback character, they're gonna have to re-do every skin item, and at the very least, just the torsos, which is still a lot.

And new sprites for the clothing/armors, too. A lot of work.

Exactly what I was thinking. Billy is a prime candidate for the new character, but reworking all skins, emotes and animations of all sorts would need so much work I really doubt Klei could attempts such thing for a 6 $ dlc and within the timeframe they gave us.

However, we know from cinematics and the two in-game forms of Maxwell, that when a survivor enters the Constant, some shape shifting happens ;

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « maxwell dont starve » this to this image.png.3230a4faabaf0fe26428be73dafb2c1a.png

(I could be wrong on that, I don't know all the lore to be honest so feel free to correct it if needed, thx :()

That said, May be Klei found a way to remake Billy's character in the classic format. That would do it.

8 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

now from cinematics and the two in-game forms of Maxwell, that when a survivor enters the Constant, some shape shifting happens ;

Judging by the proportions in Winona's short, either a lot of people on DS Earth are chibi-sized, or Maxwell is some sort of matchstick man.

Or, you know, their size changes depending on what's convenient and/or the Nightmare Throne's influence.

1 hour ago, csc_unit said:

However, we know from cinematics and the two in-game forms of Maxwell, that when a survivor enters the Constant, some shape shifting happens ;

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « maxwell dont starve » this to this image.png.3230a4faabaf0fe26428be73dafb2c1a.png

1 hour ago, engiSonic said:

Judging by the proportions in Winona's short, either a lot of people on DS Earth are chibi-sized, or Maxwell is some sort of matchstick man.

Or, you know, their size changes depending on what's convenient and/or the Nightmare Throne's influence.

I wouldn't hold it to Klei.

I'm 80% certain the characters are simply inconsistent with height, several videos show Wilson with near normal proportions, others show him as a bobble head.

I wouldn't say the Throne changes body shapes, either.

Also, lol, Unit the Maxwell you posted isn't even in game. That's a mod to make him look more like the NPC, but I get your point.

54 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I wouldn't hold it to Klei.

I'm 80% certain the characters are simply inconsistent with height, several videos show Wilson with near normal proportions, others show him as a bobble head.

I wouldn't say the Throne changes body shapes, either.

The throne might have something to so with it, I mean he wall tall before sitting in it, then he "died" and got reincarnated into a shrunk down version of himself.

But you're right about inconsistencies, we see Charlie and Winona's parents in her short and they seems pretty normal-sized and yet Winona and everyone else in the factory is dwarf-sized. 

Spoiler

Or maybe Voxola only employs child workers. :wilson_sneaky:

On 4/30/2019 at 12:20 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Plot twist: The quotes were meant to get the community to assume the next character is Billy, but turns out to be something entirely unrelated.

I can 100% see this happening.

I mean, cmon, why else would it be called something like "nextcharacter" when everyone else at least had a beta name (I think WX's beta name was "Woodrow" or something like that)

4 hours ago, Canis said:

I can 100% see this happening.

I mean, cmon, why else would it be called something like "nextcharacter" when everyone else at least had a beta name (I think WX's beta name was "Woodrow" or something like that)

Because it was put in intentionally as either a teaser, or a red herring. I'm hoping the latter honestly, that would be pretty amusing. If it was a true leak, then we would have their name, or at least a placeholder name anyway. I doubt it would be called "nextcharacter" internally. That could get confusing.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:20 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Plot twist: The quotes were meant to get the community to assume the next character is Billy, but turns out to be something entirely unrelated.

So Wagstaff and Wheeler all over again? I mean, because of Winona's update trailer almost everyone thought that Wagstaff was the tall figure, when it ended up being the other way around (at first most people were right with Wagstaff, Klei just dropped that curve-ball because they love making fun of us, I swear).

I was thinking and perhaps the next character who kinda matches the whole child thing is Winnie the unused character. It KINDA makes sense since Winnie is...young...ish looking. This also may be plausible because Wortox, a former unused character, was added to DST. 

On 30/04/2019 at 10:54 PM, csc_unit said:

Maxwell.png.ebe5eae6690c284edee94375ac65f2fc.png

Did you put a sharpener on maxwell's chin jesus christ

----------------

As for the topic itself, I don't think it's gonna be Billy. Wayy too much work to keep his hunchback, as someone mentioned before but I can't be bothered to go back to their post to quote it (im sorry). and if they don't have it, it's just gonna look extremely off since we saw his other version. The reason I feel like this doesn't apply to maxwell is because he still looks like a human should (at least in this artstyle.), which i don't think would apply to billy.

But then again I might be just a callow mashed potato and we're getting Billy. I ain't complaining.

Wormwood didn't have a 'nextcharacter' quote set, so I think Wortox's quote set exists purely to get the community fired up about the possibility that it might be a Quagmire goat in general and Billy in particular. (Come to think of it, Wormwood was the actual next premium character after Wortox and the 'nextcharacter' quotes are still in Wortox's file, although I guess maybe Wormwood doesn't count because they didn't need completely new assets.) The only question is whether it's a red herring or a genuine sneak preview.

I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question for them to give Billy a new set of sprites to fit in with the playable characters and their animations, and to just sort of ignore the effect on the Gorge storyline it would have for Billy to be present both as a shopkeeper and a cook next time they run the Gorge event since the premium DST characters' presence is already not part of the canon story (I know one of the devs went on the record with that, but I can't find it anywhere). That seems like settling for lower quality, though, which strikes me as both out of character for Klei and unlikely to please many of the players who they want to sell the DLC to. But keeping the hunchback model would be immensely impractical. All in all I personally think Billy is an unlikely enough choice for this to be a red herring.

i like to imagine that one shadow developed into a more human form and that's the new character one of the shadowy horrors or my second option that id like to see if one of THEM since they are returning one of THEM could be the new character but idk we will see in the end

Other than the hunchback-model-problem already mentioned, I don't know what the concept for Billy's character would be.

We just got a chef character (an amazing one, at that) and another that gets buffed with food (Wolfgang). And if they choose to veer off the food theme for Billy so as not to be redundant, I just don't know where they would go with this character. Also... Wortox is already kind of a goat character.

Klei could still surprise us with a new Billy concept, but I think they would prefer going with another character that has the potential to be as unique as Wormwood and Wortox are.

I don't think Wortox's character lines for 'nextcharacter' was necessarily a red herring, maybe they thought about Billy and later changed their minds.

Archived