don't starve woodie lore?

5 minutes ago, WolfYlch said:

What quotes or hints does Woodie give about having a wife named Mary? I might be overlooking things as I haven't actively played with him in awhile.

His quotes in ds/dst do not contain the word "Mary" at all, for one thing. I've never heard of this, so I too am curious where this is from

1 hour ago, Canis said:

Now that I think about it, all of the quotes from other characters directly speaking about Lucy can be viewed as humoring Woodie.

oH NO

Maxwell: "Ah. How have you been, Lucy?"

WX-78: "GET IT AWAY"

On ‎2019‎-‎05‎-‎10 at 5:51 PM, JJ0264 said:

Let say Woodie's wife is...'Mary' (to avoid confusion with Lucy) and they had Wendy/Abby (Woodie/Mary are late 20's),

Woodie was a happy Canadian catholic but he's a workaholic so much so that when he came back from work, he saw the corpse of his love Mary being eaten and pecked by those evil crows. (Wendy/Abby saw this and were traumatized) Woodie is early 30's and Wendy/Abby were like five-ish when this happened so they hardly remember there mother

Woodie accidentally created a Tulpa (Lucy) based on his deceased wife Mary pretending as if the 'incident' never happened, Woodie was shunned and outcast by society/catholic, for having a "imaginary friend" or "hearing voices of the demon" or "crazy schizophrenic".

All this stigmatization made Lucy upset by this, and Woodie was angry at the people saying "she not real"

For the first year of the 'incident', family and close friends thought Woodie was trying to 'cope' with the lost of Mary, but Woodie got so attached to Lucy that he failed to look after the twins, Abby died and Wendy blames Woodie for poor parenting; Wendy got taken to go live with her uncle and the family sent Woodie to the hospital/nut-house to check this 'Lucy'.

Woodie told the doctors that he hears 'Lucy' in his head, so they did lobotomy to erase her; Surprisingly Woodie survived but, the treatment didn't get rid of Lucy and made him lose chunks of memories (Mary, Wendy, Abby/his family/swimming/basic school knowledge); The doctors were discussing weather or not to do the lobotomy again and Woodie didn't want to go through another near-death experience again, so he escaped.

The nurses reported a crazy mid-30's schizophrenic man escaping the B.C. hospital/asylum wielding a red fire-ax, Woodie knew that pretty much everyone would be hunting him, so Woodie mostly lived in the woods moving to the next province when it wasn't safe.

California Roll- "I feel like a regular Vancouverite."

Magma Pile- "A little rearranging and it'd make a nice inukshuk."

Super Spyglass- "As easy as looking out over the plains of Alberta, eh."

Juicy Berry Bush (withered)- "Dry as the Albert plains."

Sinkhole (full)- "More crowded than a Toronto subway!"

Can't store (generic/full)- "It's already packed tighter than a Toronto streetcar."

Toronto is in Ontario near Quebec (almost the oppoisite side of Canada from B.C.)

Woodie was dragged into the portal turning him into were-beaver

Lucy was dragged into the portal turning her into a red fire-ax that can talk to other people

36 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Wendy and Aby are the children of Jack Carter, Maxwell's brother.

Why is Wendy mad Woodie for then

Lucy- "I think that creepy girl is mad at you."

plus Wendy's quote for the Werebeaver

Wendy- "He pinky-promised I'd get to ride on his shoulders. Such lies."

Maybe Jack sent Wendy to live with uncle/cousin Woodie? (business related)

either way, would you say the theory overall good? (besides the Jack's twins)

2 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

Why is Wendy mad Woodie for then

Lucy- "I think that creepy girl is mad at you."

plus Wendy's quote for the Werebeaver

Wendy- "He pinky-promised I'd get to ride on his shoulders. Such lies."

Maybe Jack sent Wendy to live with uncle/cousin Woodie? (business related)

either way, would you say the theory overall good? (besides the Jack's twins)

Wendy is mad because of the quote you just said. She wanted to ride on his shoulders, but he didn't let her.

41 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Wendy is mad because of the quote you just said. She wanted to ride on his shoulders, but he didn't let her.

idk Wendy just being that mad over a shoulder ride seems a tad pitiful on her part

keep in mind Lucy doesn't know what Wendy is mad about which is strange because she always with Woodie

Woodie and Wendy cross paths in the 'real world' before, the pinky-promise must be before Lucy creation

Wendy- Reviver- "Abigail likes you, %s. But she likes Lucy more."

Wendy- Lucy- "hello...'Lucy'...I'd like you to meet my sister"

PLOT TWIST

Woodie is the secret main protagonist of Don't Starve.

IN all seriousness, since Woodie basically states that everyone is connected somehow, he manages to add more questions than answers. I'm just curious as to how Wormwood, Wilbur, and all of that fit in to the keychain.

Archived