don't starve woodie lore?

everyone else's quotes although silly just refer to simply dying when using the celestial portal but when playing as woodie he says it feels familiar, does this already mean anything in the lore or does anyone know what the implications of this could be. 

chrome_2019-04-27_22-47-04.png

2 minutes ago, junobug said:

everyone else's quotes although silly just refer to simply dying when using the celestial portal but when playing as woodie he says it feels familiar, does this already mean anything in the lore or does anyone know what the implications of this could be. 

hmmm maybe referring when he transforms into beaver form?

not quite sure-... or maybe saying.. this is an endless cycle of endless death?? dunno for sure

1 hour ago, junobug said:

another idea... maybe he remembers when he reached the portal to get to dst in the first place?

my theory:

Woodie accidently created Lucy due to working too much in isolation, his family/neighbours/religious/friends got the news about Woodie's new friend and tried many things eventually sending him for lobotomy to erase the "demon" (Lucy); Surprisingly Woodie survived but, the treatment didn't get rid of Lucy and made him lose a chunk of memories (family/swimming/counting).

After that Woodie escaped the hospital/asylum, lived life in the woods jumping province to province (the police were told about a crazed 35 year-old man welding a red fire-ax escaping from the B.C. hospital)

Woodie wish he was more efficient worker

Lucy wish for a physical form due to "not feeling real enough"

*Update "slightly different version" theory down there*

Spoiler

Let say Woodie's wife is...'Mary' (to avoid confusion with Lucy) and they had Wendy/Abby (Woodie/Mary are late 20's),

Woodie was a happy Canadian catholic but he's a workaholic so much so that when he came back from work, he saw the corpse of his love Mary being eaten and pecked by those evil crows. (Wendy/Abby saw this and were traumatized) Woodie is early 30's and Wendy/Abby were like five-ish when this happened so they hardly remember there mother

Woodie accidentally created a Tulpa (Lucy) based on his deceased wife Mary pretending as if the 'incident' never happened, Woodie was shunned and outcast by society/catholic, for having a "imaginary friend" or "hearing voices of the demon" or "crazy schizophrenic".

All this stigmatization made Lucy upset by this, and Woodie was angry at the people saying "she not real"

For the first year of the 'incident', family and close friends thought Woodie was trying to 'cope' with the lost of Mary, but Woodie got so attached to Lucy that he failed to look after the twins, Abby died and Wendy blames Woodie for poor parenting; Wendy got taken to go live with her uncle and the family sent Woodie to the hospital/nut-house to check this 'Lucy'.

Woodie told the doctors that he hears 'Lucy' in his head, so they did lobotomy to erase her; Surprisingly Woodie survived but, the treatment didn't get rid of Lucy and made him lose chunks of memories (Mary, Wendy, Abby/his family/swimming/basic school knowledge); The doctors were discussing weather or not to do the lobotomy again and Woodie didn't want to go through another near-death experience again, so he escaped.

The nurses reported a crazy mid-30's schizophrenic man escaping the B.C. hospital/asylum wielding a red fire-ax, Woodie knew that pretty much everyone would be hunting him, so Woodie mostly lived in the woods moving to the next province when it wasn't safe.

California Roll- "I feel like a regular Vancouverite."

Magma Pile- "A little rearranging and it'd make a nice inukshuk."

Super Spyglass- "As easy as looking out over the plains of Alberta, eh."

Juicy Berry Bush (withered)- "Dry as the Albert plains."

Sinkhole (full)- "More crowded than a Toronto subway!"

Can't store (generic/full)- "It's already packed tighter than a Toronto streetcar."

Toronto is in Ontario near Quebec (almost the oppoisite side of Canada from B.C.)

Woodie was dragged into the portal turning him into were-beaver

Lucy was dragged into the portal turning her into a red fire-ax that can talk to other people

My guess as to that scar on the skin is that it is the scar from a beaver bite or an axe swing, and that's how he got the curse. The gateway quote is probably about the moon parts of the portal, not dying. (Also, there is the missing poster from Next of kin, so he must have had some friends.)

I feel like Lucy was made by Maxwell/Them as part of his deal to get into the constant. He got a magic axe, and they got a new toy.

8 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

(family/swimming/counting).

Does he not know those things in-game?

2 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Does he not know those things in-game?

the family one is just a guess, missing posters in general could be the doctors/police/neighbours/friends; As for your theory, i'm more inclined to believe the "imaginary" friend becoming real more so then the curse of the magical werebeaver (In the 'real' world)

a 40 year-old man who often lives in a cabin near the lake (also is a werebeaver) doesn't know how to swim

Pond- "I can't swim!"

Lucy and the 'on the run' lifestyle might explain this quote, as there's a good chance Woodie hasn't officially quit being Catholic

Clockwork Bishop- "It's been a while since my last confession."

I think Woodie skipped school

Fish farm (4 fish!!!) "Can't even count'em all anymore."

Can't write on sign (generic)- "No thanks. I have terrible writing."

wasn't all bad though

Endothermic Fire (upon being built)- "Where's my electric guitar?" (electric guitar's were invented in 1931)

Potted Fern- "It shows my love of plant life."

Boards- "So smooth. You can really see the grain."

Potter's Wheel (Marble or Cut Stone placed)- "I'm really more of a whittler."

Actually I've found more clues! Wendy/Abby/Max know Lucy but Lucy (maybe Woodie) don't?

Lucy- Turning human- "I think that creepy girl is mad at you."

Wendy- Reviver- "Abigail likes you, %s. But she likes Lucy more."

Wendy- Werebeaver- "He pinky-promised I'd get to ride on his shoulders. Such lies."

Wendy- Lucy- "hello...'Lucy'...I'd like you to meet my sister"

Maxwell- Lucy- "Ah. How have you been, Lucy"

Maxwell seems to hate Woodie (like Wes)

Woodie- Maxwell Statue- "He's kind of a jerk, eh?"

Woodie- dst- Maxwell Statue- "I'm gonna make fun of him for this later, eh?"

Woodie- Maxwell- "Why does he hate me?"

Woodie- Maxwell's Mosquito Trap- "Hey! That's just mean!"

9 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

Actually I've found more clues! Wendy/Abby/Max know Lucy but Lucy (maybe Woodie) don't?

The Maxwell quote is interesting and has been brought up before, but I think the DST quotes are from after they have all met eachother.

9 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

Maxwell seems to hate Woodie (like Wes)

Maxwell hates everyone.

On 28.04.2019 at 6:17 AM, minespatch said:

I still want the lobotomy skin to be canon so we can find out why he was lbotomized in the first place.

Well, I don't want to spoil BoJack Horseman to anyone, but...

Spoiler

Honey Sugarman, BoJack's grandma was lobotomized after nearly killing herself and her daughter by reckless driving, which was caused by Honey's brother being killed on a war. The lack of love from Honey has made Beatrice (her daughter) a person who lacked any parental skills, thus resulting in BoJack being a **** to everyone. Now back to Woodie, the lobotomy could be carried out because he has lost Lucy, his Wife/Girlfriend.

10 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

Endothermic Fire (upon being built)- "Where's my electric guitar?" (electric guitar's were invented in 1931)

That's big. We know all characters were brought to The Constant before 1921

17 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

That is most likely a reference to on the normal fire he says "Where's my guitar?" and the endothermic fires are electric.

16 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Maxwell hates everyone.

not everyone

Max- White and Black Bishop- "Charlie was the only one who ever kept me in check."

Max- Charlie (attacked by)- "Ow! Be gentle, Charlie!"

Max- Codex Umbra- "I'm so sorry Charlie."

Max- Winona's G.E.M.erator- "At least she has the sense to use gems."

Max- Leaky Teacup- "Perhaps I'll invite Ms. Wickerbottom for a nice mandrake tea."

Wicker- Maxwell Statue- "He's actually quite a sweet boy when you peel away the ego." 

Wolf- Maxwell Statue- "Ha ha! Looks just like Wolfgang's new friend!" 

Webber- Maxwell Statue- "We're still a little mad at him. But only a little."

Wigfrid- Maxwell Statue- "The villain turns herö!"

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

call me a big dum dum doo doo head but please tell me what lobotomized means

The definition of a lobotomy is "a surgical operation involving incision into the prefrontal lobe of the brain, formerly used to treat mental illness."

I dony blame you for not knowing though, it took me awhile to know too

1 minute ago, WolfYlch said:

The definition of a lobotomy is "a surgical operation involving incision into the prefrontal lobe of the brain, formerly used to treat mental illness."

I dony blame you for not knowing though, it took me awhile to know too

ok now I REALLY want to see this lobotomized skin...

19 minutes ago, Canis said:

call me a big dum dum doo doo head but please tell me what lobotomized means

The purpose of the operation was to reduce the symptoms of mental disorder, and it was recognized that this was accomplished at the expense of a person's personality and intellect.

A lobotomy is a surgical procedure that severs the connections between the prefrontal lobe and the rest of the brain. It was used in the past to attempt to treat a variety of mental illnesses, including bipolar disorder, manic depression, schizophrenia, severe mental depression and even anxiety.

When performed successfully, a lobotomy could result in significant behavioral changes for the patient. For psychotic patients, lobotomies were sometimes beneficial, calming the patient so that he or she could live a relatively normal life. Lobotomies are also famous for causing a flat affect and general decreased responsiveness;

Lobotomy was also used to treat epilepsy...

Woodie propably has Ornithophobia ( fear of birbs ) that was attempted to be treated by just lobotomizing him.

oh hello doctor, please cut away a huge chuck of my brain instead of trying to make me cope with birds.

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Lobotomy was also used to treat epilepsy...

Woodie propably has Ornithophobia ( fear of birbs ) that was attempted to be treated by just lobotomizing him.

oh hello doctor, please cut away a huge chuck of my brain instead of trying to make me cope with birds.

I'm assuming Woodie lobotomy was done by force, family/doctor thought Woodie was too insane to answer for himself

As for the Ornithophobia - every time he sees a bird, Woodie is reminded of his dead wife 'Mary' who was killed by crows; It also kind of breaks his illusion of Lucy, thinking that it's all head and Lucy isn't real (which he loves Lucy)

3 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

I'm assuming Woodie lobotomy was done by force, family/doctor thought Woodie was too insane to answer for himself

As for the Ornithophobia - every time he sees a bird, Woodie is reminded of his dead wife 'Mary' who was killed by crows; It also kind of breaks his illusion of Lucy, thinking that it's all head and Lucy isn't real (which he loves Lucy)

The possibility that Lucy isn't real doesn't sit right with me, even though that could just be the Woodie Main in me talking. I'd much rather prefer Lucy be a living person that had a curse of being trapped in an axe.

Now that I think about it, all of the quotes from other characters directly speaking about Lucy can be viewed as humoring Woodie.

oH NO

4 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

What quotes or hints does Woodie give about having a wife named Mary? I might be overlooking things as I haven't actively played with him in awhile.

“You look different, Lucy. Did you get a haircut?”

–Webber, when examining Riled Lucy in the Forge

It sits with me that Lucy is actually someone related to Woodie, whether it be his lumberjackin' wife or not, and very real.

Webber is not a bad boy to troll Woodie.

3 minutes ago, WolfYlch said:

What quotes or hints does Woodie give about having a wife named Mary? I might be overlooking things as I haven't actively played with him in awhile.

He just nicknamed ''Mary'' as not to confuse people when he is talking about Lucy as an axe or as a person

Archived