Biggest Issues in the Game [Poll]

Biggest Issues  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What are the biggest issues in the game? (Multiple Choice)

• Lack of protection from griefers
    • Lack of end-game content
    • Lack of replayability
    • Game is too difficult
    • Game is too easy
    • Lack of overall content
    • Nothing, game is perfect
    • Other

The game is perfect. Most of these options have to do with wanting more content, which Klei is actively working on. 

I mean.. lack of end game content? Are you kidding me? We just got used to the goal of killing Ancient Fuelweaver, which is bound to happen with any game/content in time

And no comment to people who say it lacks replayability. Just not the game for you

3 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

I mean.. lack of end game content? Are you kidding me?

Outside of killing bosses and beating all the seasons, there is nothing more to do.

4 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

And no comment to people who say it lacks replayability. Just not the game for you

How many times can you survive and die the same ways before you get bored?

3 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

You have no idea how much of a logistical nightmare this would be

I think I do. Every other company seems to do it just fine.  Let’s see, pushback PC release by a month or so to get certification for consoles, announce 1 release date for all. Have a happy fan base. I play many games that are on PC and console. Not one updates PC first and only. 

3 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Every other company seems to do it just fine

How big are the companies? Ofc Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft, and other big developers with streamlined production can do it. Klei is a lot smaller (and tries to avoid the generally toxic developer culture).

8 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

1 release date for all

Klei does not do set release dates well. I'd rather have polished content later than rushed content soon.

All of this is ignoring that it's much easier to update games on Steam than console.

1 hour ago, S19TealPenguin said:

How big are the companies? Ofc Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft, and other big developers with streamlined production can do it. Klei is a lot smaller (and tries to avoid the generally toxic developer culture).

Klei does not do set release dates well. I'd rather have polished content later than rushed content soon.

All of this is ignoring that it's much easier to update games on Steam than console.

They are bigger companies, but last I checked, DST was available on PS4, Xbox and Switch. It’s very unfair to cater to only the PC users.

I’d rather have polished content too. At the same time as everyone else and not have to watch it on twitch again while I never get it at all. 

28 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

They are bigger companies, but last I checked, DST was available on PS4, Xbox and Switch. It’s very unfair to cater to only the PC users.

I’d rather have polished content too. At the same time as everyone else and not have to watch it on twitch again while I never get it at all. 

Klei was born on PC. Klei has full control of Steam Updates at any given time.

Console rely on certificates and approval from Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo. Consoles are also filled with limitations that require alternate methods to go around, be it a publisher issue, hardware issue or gameplay issue.

Entitlement and whining won't get anywhere. How many posts have you written in the last few days about it? It won't change a thing.

11 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

Klei was born on PC. Klei has full control of Steam Updates at any given time.

Console rely on certificates and approval from Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo. Consoles are also filled with limitations that require alternate methods to go around, be it a publisher issue, hardware issue or gameplay issue.

Entitlement and whining won't get anywhere. How many posts have you written in the last few days about it? It won't change a thing.

I’m guessing you’re a PC user.

If they can’t release content at the same time, don’t. How hard is that?

How entitled do I feel after waiting for the Forge for over a year and it never coming?

I came here hoping to get a response from someone on the development team. If I’m not receiving the content, I don’t want to wait. If it doesn’t get me anywhere I’ll stop playing. Again.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

How many posts have you written in the last few days about it?

I think between 20-30 without a response. 

2CA066C9-C26E-4BD6-A37D-A92A78EDC240.png

5 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

I’m guessing you’re a PC user.

If they can’t release content at the same time, don’t. How hard is that?

How entitled do I feel after waiting for the Forge for over a year and it never coming?

I came here hoping to get a response from someone on the development team. If I’m not receiving the content, I don’t want to wait. If it doesn’t get me anywhere I’ll stop playing. Again.

Thanks

of course I am. Lol.

Hosting the Forge on PC was very taxing for Klei. I have no doubts they won't do it for an even smaller playerbase.

3 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

Hosting the Forge on PC was very taxing for Klei. I have no doubts they won't do it for an even smaller playerbase.

Then maybe they shouldn’t have left me waiting to find out for over a year. After saying they would. 

The main problem with the game is the insatiable vocal minority on the forums that, despite constantly receiving new updates, new events, and new content for a game that they only had to pay for once, complain that it does not have enough content and that after 2000 hours they have done everything there was to do.

10 hours ago, Trenix said:

How many times can you survive and die the same ways before you get bored?

How many times can you play any game before you get bored? Don't be disingenuous.

And people with 1000 hours in the game are still learning things they didn't know in the game

7 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

My only big issue with this game is the lag. Other than that, I have no major problems with DST.

Enable Netbook mode in settings. It got rid of all the lag except for occasional loading lag for me. And both my laptop and internet are crap.

Archived