Recommended Posts

minespatch    58,819

I feel that the sleeves should drape with the arm direction. If you look at the dupes in Oxygen Not included, their sleeves have that draping..

I like the organic curve of his body but could use more of a curved motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I feel that the sleeves should drape with the arm direction. If you look at the dupes in Oxygen Not included, their sleeves have that draping.

Oh, okay! Thanks!

 

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I like the organic curve of his body but could use more of a curved motion.

What do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ResettePlayer    4,457

Hey there! This drawing is actually pretty good, Wilson's face especially. Thank you for sharing.

Critique: it really looks like you isolated all the separate parts too much while drawing. Head, neck, body, arms--all of these look like they were stuck together with no planning (admittedly, I still do this sometimes too). I would recommend roughly sketching out extremely simplified shapes for the pose before committing to darker lines and shading, kind of like Minespatch's demonstration there. This way you can erase and adjust things as you please without losing anything you like.

Additionally, if his body is turned to the left, the arm holing the torch would be closer to the viewer and should be larger than the arm on the far side. This was also most likely caused by isolating the parts too much, and could also be fixed with the same rough construction technique described above.

I'd like to stress again that this is actually a very good start! Good luck next time! Also, don't feel badly if you find you still suffer from bad drawing habits in the future--these things can be VERY difficult to change at all, let alone change immediately. Thanks again for sharing!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nonentity    30

This looks awesome! I really love how you did his hair especially, it's really on point. :wilson_love: 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 10:02 PM, minespatch said:

Oh my gosh thank you so much!!

 

On 4/27/2019 at 8:46 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Hey there! This drawing is actually pretty good, Wilson's face especially. Thank you for sharing.

Critique: it really looks like you isolated all the separate parts too much while drawing. Head, neck, body, arms--all of these look like they were stuck together with no planning (admittedly, I still do this sometimes too). I would recommend roughly sketching out extremely simplified shapes for the pose before committing to darker lines and shading, kind of like Minespatch's demonstration there. This way you can erase and adjust things as you please without losing anything you like.

Additionally, if his body is turned to the left, the arm holing the torch would be closer to the viewer and should be larger than the arm on the far side. This was also most likely caused by isolating the parts too much, and could also be fixed with the same rough construction technique described above.

I'd like to stress again that this is actually a very good start! Good luck next time! Also, don't feel badly if you find you still suffer from bad drawing habits in the future--these things can be VERY difficult to change at all, let alone change immediately. Thanks again for sharing!

Actually, you're right. I did draw each part separately.

 

Right, because of perspective and stuff! I didn't notice that, thank you!

 

Thank you so much for the kind words :wilson_love:

 

On 4/27/2019 at 6:17 PM, Nonentity said:

This looks awesome! I really love how you did his hair especially, it's really on point. :wilson_love: 

Aw, thank you! :wilson_smile:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    58,819
On 5/9/2019 at 9:49 PM, Nyla Smokeyface said:

IMG_5744.thumb.JPG.e9b2001559c96e25a5ea955fd1fe3623.JPG

Is this the same image or another image?

Your new sketches are organic now. Keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, minespatch said:

Is this the same image or another image?

Your new sketches are organic now. Keep up the good work.

Another image, my bad sorry:

 

IMG_5744.thumb.JPG.6a674de007ed88a489f06b647e07c990.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    58,819

I notice the pupils are softer in comparison to the Wilson one. Was that on purpose or just a thing from the camera?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 10:14 PM, DragonMage156 said:

I think you did really well with these ones. I like the cute art style you used for them.

Aw, thanks buddy! :)

On 5/15/2019 at 1:26 AM, minespatch said:

I notice the pupils are softer in comparison to the Wilson one. Was that on purpose or just a thing from the camera?

That was done on purpose because Willow has white, pupiless eyes in game and I kind of wanted to translate the same sort of look.

Edited by Nyla Smokeyface
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I thought it would be cool if Wortox's survivor skin had a crooked jaw, and I decided to draw it!

 

5d368e26225e1_Wortoxcrookedjaw.thumb.png.bd67b212fee004266b56d5e01a0a8e6a.png

Alternate version:

5d368e23b0e07_Wortoxcrookedjawwithtongue.thumb.png.f972ec2164542a476f912f620d38f532.png

 

I'm really proud of this! I haven't drawn with a tablet in months prior to this, so I'm still a bit rusty.

Edited by Nyla Smokeyface
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    58,819

Nice work with the coloring. It really pops out with the shading.

I think the tongue is a nice touch, makes him derpier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 2:12 AM, minespatch said:

Nice work with the coloring. It really pops out with the shading.

I think the tongue is a nice touch, makes him derpier.

Thank you :D

 

Yeah, I thought it would be interesting if the broken jaw caused his tongue to sort of loll out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5d3df6c5231b4_Youliveinwhatyoueat.thumb.png.60aae3b8aed4d952060b7d7e5c4facdb.png5d3df6c22f5a7_youliveinwhatyoueat2.thumb.png.9f8f891446a67344d05d33ff0eb818d9.png

*Curb Your Enthusiasm blasts*

This hits too close to home for Webber.

 

This is actually a line in the game and I was like, "....UM."

 

(If anyone is wondering what the font is, it's "Belisa Plumilla Manual")

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    58,819

That's the spider in his head talking. Webber's mouth is the spider's butt.:wilson_sneaky:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now