"Fiery Weapons:" an addition for Willow's rebalance (no pyro)

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It could be very much like the Obsidian Tools where you gotta use em a bit for them to charge.

Again.. Specifically.. That's exactly whats in OP

Passive things? . I don't get this passive charge... Or what u mean by passive.. 

Absorb fire from what? Can she store it from lava pools? Or what? Specifically 

1 minute ago, Hell-met said:

how about willow becomes a passive heater for other players, but it doesn't affect herself

walking furnace :D

Doesn't make sense.. Otherwise why should she have Bernie to warm her up?

9 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Passive things? . I don't get this passive charge... Or what u mean by passive.. 

"sense" is probably what most care the least about for this incoming character refresh. They just want a fun character to use.

4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Bernie to warm she... does not seem like a great idea: there are already three bearded characters :'D

However, I seem to have realized that Willow would warm up the others, but not herself ... so Bernie would still work to heat just her.

10 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

@Zeklo

@FreyaMaluk

Okay, I try to make Zeklo's idea more concrete: Willow has the ability to load the objects she holds in her hand.
You don't need to use them, after a while they charge and can set things on fire. Obviously this is not instantaneous, so Willow can use an object before it becomes "dangerous". You see this trait both as an advantage and a defect.
Advantages:
Every item Willow equips in his hand becomes loaded.
A charged object heats up
Give sanity (only to Willow)
Set fire to the striking thing
Willow can give the instruments loaded to the companions, but after a while these unload. So there is always a need for Willow to have items loaded.
Willow has several advantages in using loaded objects, even in combat:
It is immune to fire
Has + 50% damage against fiery enemies.
Willow however does not have immunity to overheating, only good resistance: she must be careful to use a charged object too long.

Here, this seems to me a good evolution of our idea. I don't think that Willow needs other flaws, having tools that constantly become incandescent can prove to be a fairly significant problem, and compensates for all the advantages they give her.

The overheating problem was in OP.. The charge has a chance of inflicting 40 hp dmg when is "fully charged"

The HP dmg is a HEAT WEAVE

Use tactically or change weapons... Weapons do overheat u.. Use cold thermal... Ergo why these weapons are for spring.. They don't overheat u or hurt u in spring 

I think that if the weapons gain light like obsidian weapons might be cool too.. Extra perk for the night 

6 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Again.. I was referring to Willow doing the charging herself. You were referring to separate items.

Since the fundamentals are different I specified that the method could be shared.

This is the last time I'm saying. I can't keep repeating myself.

Passive as in passive. She just naturally charges up items she's holding. No specific actions needed.

Absorb fire. Period. Maybe when she extinguishes things she absorbs that fire, that way it promotes a non-griefing action—or at the very least managing the fires you end up starting. 

Lava pools could work. 

Maybe she just converts natural overheat temperature.

Since we are discussing a alternative rework ideas, we can throw out the contemporary ones.

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

The overheating problem was in OP.. The charge has a chance of inflicting 40 hp dmg when is "fully charged" Use tactically or change weapons... Weapons do overheat u.. Use cold thermal... Ergo why these weapons are for spring.. They don't overheat u or hurt u in spring 

I think that if the weapons gain light like obsidian weapons might be cool too.. Extra perk for the night 

I wasn't thinking exactly about obsidian weapons, in fact, I generally spoke of a "charge" items.
Yes, Willow's loaded weapons could also emit light, however. They would replace the lighter, which I believe has always been a negligible item

6 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

"sense" is probably what most care the least about for this incoming character refresh.

I mean I a general sense it's hard to make use this idea of being a walking furnace.. Ergo why it doesn't make sense to me

8 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Again.. I was referring to Willow doing the charging herself. You were referring to separate items.

Since the fundamentals are different I specified that the method could be shared.

This is the last time I'm saying. I can't keep repeating myself.

Passive as in passive. She just naturally charges up items she's holding. No specific actions needed.

Absorb fire. Period. Maybe when she extinguishes things she absorbs that fire, that way it promotes a non-griefing action—or at the very least managing the fires you end up starting. 

Lava pools could work. 

Maybe she just converts natural overheat temperature.

Since we are discussing a alternative rework ideas, we can throw out the contemporary ones.

Ty for detailing your ideas

From all the ideas I like the "absorb fire" the most.. U can control efficiently when u want to charge.. Lava pools is probs the most efficient way in that scenario.. And u don't have to carry stuff around for a passive bonus that might hinder exploration.. 

Converting overheating to charge is also doable.. Tho not as convinient.. 

31 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

@Zeklo

@FreyaMaluk

Okay, I try to make Zeklo's idea more concrete: Willow has the ability to load the objects she holds in her hand.
You don't need to use them, after a while they charge and can set things on fire. Obviously this is not instantaneous, so Willow can use an object before it becomes "dangerous". You see this trait both as an advantage and a defect.
Advantages:
Every item Willow equips in his hand becomes loaded.
A charged object heats up
Give sanity (only to Willow)
Set fire to the striking thing
Willow can give the instruments loaded to the companions, but after a while these unload. So there is always a need for Willow to have items loaded.
Willow has several advantages in using loaded objects, even in combat:
It is immune to fire
Has + 50% damage against fiery enemies.
Willow however does not have immunity to overheating, only good resistance: she must be careful to use a charged object too long.

Here, this seems to me a good evolution of our idea. I don't think that Willow needs other flaws, having tools that constantly become incandescent can prove to be a fairly significant problem, and compensates for all the advantages they give her.

The idea behind not making the fiery weapons work exactly as obsidian weapons is to avoid setting thing on fire.. 

That's why I replace it with a heat wave that hurts you.. 

I think that Zeklo's idea of absorbing fire to charge can work and at the same time she could still have the charge per uses effect on herself.. 

Both can coexist cuz her overheating weave penalty applies una scenario when u risk taking dmg for dealing more dmg... And in Zeklo's addition just adds a team component.. 

Mostly other players won't experience heat weaves.. While Willow would use this as a tactical advantage... 

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

The idea behind not making the fiery weapons work exactly as obsidian weapons is to avoid setting thing on fire.. 

That's why I replace it with a heat wave that hurts you.. 

I think that Zeklo's idea of absorbing fire to charge can work and at the same time she could still have the charge per uses effect on herself.. 

Both can coexist cuz her overheating weave penalty applies una scenario when u risk taking dmg for dealing more dmg... And in Zeklo's addition just adds a team component.. 

Mostly other players won't experience heat weaves.. While Willow would use this as a tactical advantage... 

In my opinion, however, it is important that Willow also uses fire, beyond heat.
The real fire, of flames that burn and destroy everything.
I would really like a pyromaniac, not just a walking "tools furnace" :'D

image.thumb.png.1e32029609bdd77211d29c96870546d0.png

(You see? this should make a good Willow :D)

2 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

In my opinion, however, it is important that Willow also uses fire, beyond heat.
The real fire, of flames that burn and destroy everything.
I would really like a pyromaniac, not just a walking "tools furnace" :'D

image.thumb.png.1e32029609bdd77211d29c96870546d0.png

(You see? this should make a good Willow :D)

imo the devs seem to be moving further away from this even more with each change they made... but I understand fire looks cool as a feature, the problem is that is not togetherness-friendly or base friendly

9 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

I thank Freya very much for having taken up my idea, she is definitely better than me at presenting concepts :)

I understand your criticism, but I don't think it's as you say: Wigfrid recovers life and sanity from the fight, has natural armor, can build an armor, has more damage, can only eat meat.
As you can see, she is designed solely to fight and be pushed to fight.
Willow, on the other hand, would have none of these advantages, which would already make her very different in combat.
Also, Willow's fiery weapons would be thought to exploit: the girl's immunity to fire, the A.I. of enemies entering into crisis.
Two very different things from those that instead uses Wigfrid (which is based more on being a tank, which Willow could never afford).
Furthermore, a burning enemy presents risks: it can set fire to nearby structures, lose the loot and harm other players.
Wigfrid does not present all these risks, it remains an optimal choice if you want to fight and get the maximum benefit.
Giving Willow fiery weapons and an attack bonus on fiery enemies, I don't think it becomes a Wigfrid clone (for all that is written above): I just believe that finally fire can become, at least for the girl with spiral braids, a concrete alternative to dominate the creatures of the Constant =)
But I don't pretend that my vision of things is the best, I too find it difficult to visualize all the consequences in giving Willow these advantages.
If you have ideas to make the concept more interesting, write them down, I'm very curious! :afro:

If you had a Wigfrid and a Willow in your world and you needed a Weapon:
Would you ask Wigfrid to craft you a Battle Spear or Willow to craft you the suggested Obsidian Spear?

1 minute ago, sinisterrkid said:

Would still not be a good idea to set mobs on fire. I would prefer keeping the basic weapons but making it so if a mob is set on fire by Willow it doesn't spread

The weapons as proposed won't set things on fire.. You'll take an hp penalty as a heat wave.. 40 hp.. When the weapon is fully charged..

U can decide if you can risk it to deal more dmg and potentially take some dmg or switching weapons 

The penalty applies when the weapon is fully charged and also overheats u.. All innate Willow features.. 

Also this for charged weapons that Willow could give to the team. 

9 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Ty for detailing your ideas

From all the ideas I like the "absorb fire" the most.. U can control efficiently when u want to charge.. Lava pools is probs the most efficient way in that scenario.. And u don't have to carry stuff around for a passive bonus that might hinder exploration.. 

Converting overheating to charge is also doable.. Tho not as convinient.. 

15 hours ago, xhyom said:

I was thinking about this, something like some fire effects that don't burn just do damage in a circle around her by burning something in the inventory

or maybe drains her sanity per second

Then she probably can fight for a place amongst Wigfrid and Wolfgang

This related to her alone or weapons? 

Also can u explain the sanity effect a bit better? I mean I don't get when the sanity effect should kick in? Or how? 

Idk which kind of weapon will be fine. but if there is, i think adding this kind of traits will be proper. new weapon's ability make burn things nearby and willow should be able to extinguish the fire herself or with her unique tool not luxury fan or water balloon.

of course, we have to play game to know how things changed, but for me, looks like no refresh.

like winona, adding some unique recipes will also be nice.

9 minutes ago, Altari said:

willow should be able to extinguish the fire herself or with her unique tool not luxury fan or water balloon.

this is my problem when people want that Willow burn things, but at the same time asking that she doesn't burn the loot...

NO.. I disagree... fire is a risk.. not a tool (in DST). It's like nitpicking which consequences u want to avoid of normal fire properties..

in OOriginal Post she takes 40hp heat wave dmg when weapons are fully changed... I believe this is a nice downside that can be used strategically... a trade off - taking dmg for dealing more dmg

This is a similar concept I had thought about as well. I'll write it as short as I can in the format of a character update.

Time spent in the constant has enabled willow to use her passion for all things fiery into a more "friendly" fire direction, to better suit her and her fellow survivors in these harsh lands.

- Willow now has a new tab in the crafting section,  Thermaldynamics

- Willow can now craft a thermal sword using a thermal stone and a spear. 

The thermal sword has fair damage stats in its neutral state,  but when heated up with fire this sword can reach temperatures hot enough to scald even the dragonfly herself! (it also emits a nifty small light radius for those overnight battles)

- Using willows trusted companion Bernie along with a thermal stone will give birth to the almighty "Burnie"

Burnie seems relatively normal at first but introduce some heat into burnies life with a lighter or a torch and watch him spring to life!

Burnie acts as a trap, once placed on the ground and set aflame, burnie will seek out the nearest enemy it finds and latch onto them with a mighty bear hug dealing constant fire damage!

Last but certainly not least, willows lighter will also be shown some love!

- Using some carpet, a toad skin, and willows trusty ligther willow can now craft "Carpet bombs"

When thrown at a enemy target the carpet bomb in mid-flight will leave fire in its wake as well as a patch of fire upon impacting the ground causing the target(s) to suffer burning damage until moved out of the carpet bombs flame radius.

Just now, Chaosky said:

This is a similar concept I had thought about as well. I'll write it as short as I can in the format of a character update.

Time spent in the constant has enabled willow to use her passion for all things fiery into a more "friendly" fire direction, to better suit her and her fellow survivors in these harsh lands.

- Willow now has a new tab in the crafting section,  Thermaldynamics

- Willow can now craft a thermal sword using a thermal stone and a spear. 

The thermal sword has fair damage stats in its neutral state,  but when heated up with fire this sword can reach temperatures hot enough to scald even the dragonfly herself! (it also emits a nifty small light radius for those overnight battles)

- Using willows trusted companion Bernie along with a thermal stone will give birth to the almighty "Burnie"

Burnie seems relatively normal at first but introduce some heat into burnies life with a lighter or a torch and watch him spring to life!

Burnie acts as a trap, once placed on the ground and set aflame, burnie will seek out the nearest enemy it finds and latch onto them with a mighty bear hug dealing constant fire damage!

these sounds fun :)

the thermal sword "scalding dfly herself" sounds a bit OP... I think u need to give this a bit more thought and narrow down your idea a bit better

Burnie sounds cool... in fact.. I think many Bernie transformations could be so damn awesome

xD a HOT HUG! I like your kind of humor xD... 

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

these sounds fun :)

the thermal sword "scalding dfly herself" sounds a bit OP... I think u need to give this a bit more thought and narrow down your idea a bit better

Burnie sounds cool... in fact.. I think many Bernie transformations could be so damn awesome

xD a HOT HUG! I like your kind of humor xD... 

HAHA maybe the scalding dfly thing was a bit exaggerated on the description, but basically it would deal a high amount of fire based damage. Hello cooked meats!

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

This related to her alone or weapons? 

Also can u explain the sanity effect a bit better? I mean I don't get when the sanity effect should kick in? Or how? 

I mean, drain sanity per second while the fire ability is active. I think without a weapon to activate would be better, just like Wheeler by pressing Right Click

Or just by burning all your inventory :?

8 minutes ago, Chaosky said:

HAHA maybe the scalding dfly thing was a bit exaggerated on the description, but basically it would deal a high amount of fire based damage. Hello cooked meats!

and Willow doesn't have any penalties for enduring that much heat?

what's why I suggested a 40hp HEAT WAVE

4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

and Willow doesn't have any penalties for enduring that much heat?

what's why I suggested a 40hp HEAT WAVE

Yeah I feel for sure downsides should occur. She loves fire, doesn't necessarily mean that she is an immortal flame goddess that some try and make her out to be.  I like the idea of ticking Heat wave damage.

Maybe she could activate an ability when she's lit enough fires or been around them for long enough that would simply apply a burn effect to any weapon? Then she would always have use of this. Or maybe she could get a flame cloak or ring of fire around her that dealt damage to any mob inside it?

15 minutes ago, EveryMansFool said:

Maybe she could activate an ability when she's lit enough fires or been around them for long enough that would simply apply a burn effect to any weapon? Then she would always have use of this. Or maybe she could get a flame cloak or ring of fire around her that dealt damage to any mob inside it?

from OP there are 2 options for "charging" weapons... one non-hit-based absorbing heat from lava pools and imbueding it to normal weapons to turn them in "charged weapons" .. these weapons cannot get charged on their own after that and loose the charge with use and time and cannot be recharged by anyone else by Willow. These weapons give a bit of extra warmth, (good for winter) and also extra dmg

then the Fiery Weapons that are Willow exclusive ... that's in the original post..

Archived