Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

kurzaen

The "Skill Point Earned" notification

Recommended Posts

kurzaen    98

Is it just me or whenever I get the "Skill Point Earned" notification, I have to manually close it. That or I forget about it and a few minutes later I think a dupe had gotten a skill point but I already used a skill point. Is anyone else experiencing this? I dunno if this is a bug or something but TL;DR, Whenever one of my dupes has a skill point and I use is the notification stays on the left.

Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasza22    2,118

Yep it`s kinda annoying. Same with the research notifications. It gets multiple clicks to get rid of them and the new building highlight. It could be done better. It should go away whenever you open the skill window (the research could do the same when opening the research window). Additionally when opening the skill window it should select the dupe that has a fresh skill point so you don`t have to look for him/her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FiannaTiger    80

They need the option to turn off the notification.  I have dupes with 15 skill points to spend and not enough moral to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SharraShimada    505

Nope, its not just you. 

Prior it made sense, because we had to change job, to advance. Now we dont have to. Dupes will still aquire skillpoints, even if we dont spend them. So its no urgent thing anymore.

And with lots of dupes, every 1-3 minutes the message pops up.

If would prefer an icon next to dupes-count, indicating a dupe has points availlable (like on the jobs-desk). This would be really enough reminder.

Another nice thing would be, to disable notifications for additional skill points. Theres not really use for "dupe x has gaine skill point" for the second, third... Maybe i want that dupe to stay with current skills, and dont want, or cant afford (morale) more skills yet. But the system keeps telling me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    847

For me the start in QoL 3 was painful:

I had over 420 notifications to click ...

=> I ignored it and thought it´s just a problem when you "upgrade/update" an old base.

 

But right now I have a colony and it seems my duplicants are still acquiring skill points, even if they have more than all skills would cost.

=> Please at least give us a "max level" or skill cap. (Not to restrict our skill choices, just to limit useless notifications.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bmilohill    145
6 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

=> Please at least give us a "max level" or skill cap. (Not to restrict our skill choices, just to limit useless notifications.)

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

But right now I have a colony and it seems my duplicants are still acquiring skill points, even if they have more than all skills would cost.

=> Please at least give us a "max level" or skill cap. (Not to restrict our skill choices, just to limit useless notifications.)

Agreed. That and the option to select which notifications I want on/off. Tired of the 'building broken/flooded' messages too for buildings in ruins. Yes, I get it, game. I have five broken buildings and 44 skill points to spend. Staaahp.

Edit: Would be nice if there was an option on the building to disable notifications, like we can do with disinfect/repair. (Also, can we get a mass disable disinfect option? Tired of doing it one at a time. (Unless there is one and I'm just blind/stupid. Trick question, I'm both already.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lacost    186
17 hours ago, KieraGreywolf said:

Agreed. That and the option to select which notifications I want on/off. Tired of the 'building broken/flooded' messages too for buildings in ruins. Yes, I get it, game. I have five broken buildings and 44 skill points to spend. Staaahp.

 

Aaahh, yes. The stupid setpiece in the oil biome that spams you with broken and flooded batteries due to heat. But wait, there is more! Apparently, security doors can overheat as well but can't take damage so they will never break.

19178D9CEFD403C871652AA65EF604511DB10D30

--> On my current colony I'm CONSTANTLY spammed with Overheated, Broken and Flooded messages which override every other notification that would actually be of interest to me. You know, like the gas pump next to the natural gas geyser that took overheating damage? Or my smeltery setup in the ice biome that got flooded from melting ice?

 

The same goes for the "building lacks resources" notification for your cooking stations which will constantly appear when you have your food production set to forever.

 

And lastly, the notification we always wanted and waited for since the first announcement of ONI: Long Commutes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SamLogan    784
On 26/04/2019 at 4:59 PM, FiannaTiger said:

They need the option to turn off the notification.  I have dupes with 15 skill points to spend and not enough moral to use it.

+1 it's really insane. :?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    649
6 hours ago, Lacost said:

 

Aaahh, yes. The stupid setpiece in the oil biome that spams you with broken and flooded batteries due to heat. But wait, there is more! Apparently, security doors can overheat as well but can't take damage so they will never break.

 

 

This is one of two reasons I always have sandbox enabled (the other is to fix POI breaking things)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lacost said:

Aaahh, yes. The stupid setpiece in the oil biome that spams you with broken and flooded batteries due to heat.

Yeeeep, that's the one! Finally got down to it and had my dupes deconstruct the items to get them to finally shut up.

OMG, YES. THE LONG COMMUTES. That notification drives me nutters. There's no way to make it go away unless they're just living in their work stations, it feels like. Upgraded floors and ladders for quicker movement? Long commutes. +14 Athletics? Long commutes. Fire poles? Better believe that's a long commute. Tubes to zip them across the whole map in 4 seconds? WELL THAT'S FOUR SECONDS TOO LONG, MY FRIEND! LONG COMMUTE! Shame on you!

I want to see the design of a base in mid to end game that legitimately isn't 'long commutes'. I want to know what that looks like (or if it's even possible).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
situpc    45

While we're on the topic of notifications, wouldn't it be nice if they made the X the full height of the box? All the time I try to quickly close it and end up clicking the notification itself because the X is squished into the top right of the notification box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    847
On 28.4.2019 at 4:03 AM, KieraGreywolf said:

OMG, YES. THE LONG COMMUTES. That notification drives me nutters. There's no way to make it go away unless they're just living in their work stations, it feels like. Upgraded floors and ladders for quicker movement? Long commutes. +14 Athletics? Long commutes. Fire poles? Better believe that's a long commute. Tubes to zip them across the whole map in 4 seconds? WELL THAT'S FOUR SECONDS TOO LONG, MY FRIEND! LONG COMMUTE! Shame on you!

Reduces the downtime acctivities and give your duplicants more scheduled down time.

=> You keep a decent morale and prevent the long commutes message.

On 28.4.2019 at 4:03 AM, KieraGreywolf said:

I want to see the design of a base in mid to end game that legitimately isn't 'long commutes'. I want to know what that looks like (or if it's even possible).

Mine does the job at cycle 5000+ ;)

But my duplicants spend roughly 35% of their day not working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps, but I shouldn't need to give them 1/3 of the day or more off just to stop that notification. They already have more moral than they'll ever need (most are 36+). Giving them more time off just makes it take even longer to get projects done. :p I'm only in the mid 300s for cycles. Still a lot to do.

 

Edit: And actually, looking at my colony, they DO get exactly 33% of the day off. 8 of the 24 time slots for each shift are either washroom time, break time, or sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasza22    2,118
1 hour ago, KieraGreywolf said:

Perhaps, but I shouldn't need to give them 1/3 of the day or more off just to stop that notification.

Long commutes are based on the travel time alone. Long downtime shoudln`t affect it. My main issue is that carrying stuff around counts as travel time so an early game where the dupes need to deliver a lot of stuff or sweep the rooms thsy spend a lot of the time walking causing the long commutes message to appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Long commutes are based on the travel time alone. Long downtime shoudln`t affect it. My main issue is that carrying stuff around counts as travel time so an early game where the dupes need to deliver a lot of stuff or sweep the rooms thsy spend a lot of the time walking causing the long commutes message to appear.

Ah, okay, so it was what I initially thought. Oddly it's the early game where I don't have that issue. I'm in what I suppose is midgame at this point. Been working on upgrading ladders, floors, adding firepoles/tubes, and such while I work on making enough steel to start poking at space with a stick, but they're still fussin' at me. ;) Just learn to run faster!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    847
8 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Long downtime shoudln`t affect it.

Long communtes is just triggered if the total travel time exceeds an average of 240s for each duplicant.

=> If my duplicants do travel heavy work, but their total work time is lower than the treshold there will be no notification.

[Wouldn´t recommend doing it. But if your like me in a very late game base and you got spare workforce, why not just turn the annoying notification off.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites