A Proper Discussion of Willow's Rework, and why it has no Impact Whatsoever

7 minutes ago, Trenix said:

Well then it's good that you're not in charge of balancing the game. You buff the underpowered characters first and then nerf the overpowered. I'm sure they worked on Willow much sooner than others because you guys kept crying about her since day one. The truth is that you still won't be pleased until you have vanilla DS, because you have no regard of multiplayer balance.

I don't think that anyone wants vanilla DS Willow because that would mean she'd have the downside of randomly starting fires when insane which would be an absolute nightmare in a multiplayer setting.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

Well that seems a bit nasty to say, I have plenty of experience and knowledge about the games, and I'm merely drawing upon those to form an opinion. And I'm going to voice that opinion, which I wouldn't call "crying." If anyone is "crying" it's you attempting to make a clearly flawed argument that Fire Immunity is OP, which is just simply wrong.

Also I'm not suggesting buffing weak characters to be OP with no regard for downsides as the ideal, merely that it's better than the alternative of poor characters.

And I said I wanted Willow to be more DS like, I actually don't want them to just take DS Willow and plop her into the game.

I would appreciate it if you actually read what I said.

Also I suggested no nerfs for the overpowered, again I'm not sure where you're gathering this information from.

You're suggesting for everything to be overpowered, like asking for hunger to be removed. I mean it makes sense, because some characters have smaller stomachs than others, so make them all op with no hunger requirement. See how that works? It doesnt.

I literally said everyone being OP is not the ideal.

That is not suggesting it's a good thing, that's just suggesting it's better to the alternative of half the cast being bad and the other half being OP.

I'm trying to understand how me literally saying it's not the ideal is me suggesting it.

2 minutes ago, Trenix said:

But yet that's the main thing people want. Also there is a stun with fire, which it seems to give you more hits on a mob. It's no wonder why everyone wants to exploit for their own gain

Oh, so that is why everyone talks about Willow being so good in singleplayer?

Man, she is so overpowered there.

It is called Don't Starve, not Don't burn to death.

2 minutes ago, Trenix said:

You're suggesting for everything to be overpowered, like asking for hunger to be removed. I mean it makes sense, because some characters have smaller stomachs than others, so make them all op with no hunger requirement. See how that works? It doesnt.

4 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

DS Willow is a blast to play, and no it's not because of some magical "fire stun."

It's because she's a good character with solid perks and a real downside.

I would recommend if you're not super experienced in DS doing at least some research beforehand.

Just now, Mr.Mulk said:

DS Willow is a blast to play, and no it's not because of some magical "fire stun."

It's because she's a good character with solid perks and a real downside.

Debatable

I wouldn't know, I dont play singleplayer games. They are balanced differently.

It is called Don't Starve, not Don't burn to death.

Yeah dont starve, we wouldn't with hunger immunity.

Just now, Hatano Eichero said:

Debatable

I have legitimately never heard a person say they prefer DST Willow to DS Willow, except as a joke.

Again I'd recommend you actually try out DS Willow before making assumptions based on the hearsay of forums posters

Just now, Mr.Mulk said:

I have legitimately never heard a person say they prefer DST Willow to DS Willow, except as a joke.

Again I'd recommend you actually try out DS Willow before making assumptions based on the hearsay of forums posters

Excuse me? Youre the one making assumptions. I play singleplayer Willow quite a bit.

Also when did I say DST Willow is better? I honestly never said that.

This has gotten off the main point regardless.

The point is that the rework ideas at best are bland and unimpactful (possibly with the Bernie buff as an exception)
At worst it's a wasted opportunity to finally help the character that the community has requested a rebalance for in a very long spectrum of time.

And no, people wanting fire immunity is not part of some grand conspiracy theory to make her OP in order to exploit the game. If they want to exploit the game all they need to do is pick one of the current meta.

1 minute ago, Hatano Eichero said:

Rework seems pretty decent. No matter what they do one side of this argument will complain, the rework is met in the middle right now.

It's not complaining, it's critiquing the work. I give the critique in the intent of giving usable feedback, complaining wouldn't provide this.
I don't think the rework solves anything, and based on the reaction I've received and my personal inferences and experiences I don't think it's crazy to think a lot of people tend to agree.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

It's not complaining, it's critiquing the work. I give the critique in the intent of giving usable feedback, complaining wouldn't provide this.
I don't think the rework solves anything, and based on the reaction I've received and my personal inferences and experiences I don't think it's crazy to think a lot of people tend to agree.

ikr whats so bad about giving your opinion in a FORUM, besides at the end of the day, its just really up to klei if they'd take these things in consideration or not.

2 hours ago, Trenix said:

Those characters need clear nerfs. Wickerbottom is gamebreaking.

i'd not be so sure about that, as the newest character is literally at the same level of wickerbottom and doesn't seem to have any nerfs in the near future

2 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

Uh huh. Problem is you said

It's a critique. If you consider what I said complaining then you pretty much consider any movie/game/art review "complaining"
I gave an assessment of Klei's product, and, when asked, even gave potential solutions as best from my understanding.
Attempting to make a pedantic argument as an aside of the main point here isn't going to help.

Yeah but the problem is I never said it wasn't a critique.

Just now, Mr.Mulk said:

It's a critique. If you consider what I said complaining then you pretty much consider any movie review "complaining"
I gave an assessment of Klei's product, and, when asked, even gave potential solutions as best from my understanding.
Attempting to make a pedantic argument as an aside of the main point here isn't going to help.

I wasn't the one who started the literacy thing.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

It's not complaining, it's critiquing the work. I give the critique in the intent of giving usable feedback, complaining wouldn't provide this

This argument is getting redundant anyways.

Archived