Willow Refresh Info and Roadmap Schedule Update

2 minutes ago, ADM said:

Also, I'm pretty sure that getting like a damage every 0.5 sec or something like that is not a big deal for Willow

Keep in mind that fire damage stacks for each item in range that's on fire. It's still not *that* much damage and if you put yourself in that situation it's natural selection at that point, however it will go and require you to go heal yourself which is annoying if you have things to do.

Can't wait to test her!! Thank you Klei!

My comments on her perks:

• Willow no longer gets cold from low sanity. THANK GOODNESS! My biggest issue with her so far.
  • Willow takes more damage and loses sanity from freezing. Thats a nice downside, since the best characters (wicker wx and wolfy) have really lame downsides that can easily be negated. Also, I'd like to make another suggestion: Make her wetness be an issue to her, make her wetness fills up faster than the others or something like that, or even make her lose more sanity from being wet (since water beats fire). I think it would add a nice touch to her downside.
  • Willow takes less damage from overheating. Nice!
  • Willow gets fire immunity for the first several seconds and then reduced damage thereafter. I think it is ok though I would love to see a full fire immunity XD
  • Willow takes no burn damage while extinguishing fires and does it faster than others. hmm, ok!
  • Adding fuel to fires is more effective for Willow. Wow, thats good! Nice touch to her.
  • Bernie can now be equipped by Willow for sanity and warmth at the cost of durability. I'm a bit concerned about how good it would be in terms of insulation. It would be a head equipment? Or something that replaces the backpack? Hope it gets as good as a breezy vest or a tam o'shanter otherwise it will not be worth it have it from her.
  • Bernie grows big and will taunt and fight most hostile creatures when Willow is nearby and insane. The spotlight of the rework, really excited to see this!
  • Bernie will still taunt Shadow Creatures when any other player is nearby and insane. Good!!!!
  • In addition, Willow still gains sanity near fire and can still cook with her Lighter. Glad you are keeping that! 

Also, can you guys say who is the next character rework to be done? 

Really excited about the next updates to come.

Good work guys!!!

THE HYPE IS REAL

1 hour ago, JoeW said:
  • Willow gets fire immunity for the first several seconds and then reduced damage thereafter. 

Personally I rather like the idea of her being immune for a time before taking damage. But it also depends on just how many seconds that would be and how it'll play into the pace of the event. And I would also wonder if there's a cooldown before her immunity resets, and she can go in again for a bit without getting hurt? Fire strafing?

I've never really liked the idea of her being entirely immune all the time, but her being immune long enough for certain events. Like being able to withstand being in a forest fire long enough to retrieve items, or setting an enemy on fire and being able to get in a good few swings before having to step back.

These few seconds and the damage reduction could be enough time to make an impact before you have to retreat. It's one of those things that might seem disappointing until you get in there and finally test it out? It's hard to know without experiencing it first hand. So hopefully it's a good middle ground in the end for those who do and don't want full immunity.

52 minutes ago, Fidooop said:
  • As a drawback, make her sanity tank and maybe make her get cold if she's not regularly lighting things on fire. She's a pyromaniac she should need to light things on fire. And the challenge here is doing it responsibly so that you don't burn entire forests down.

I love this suggestion! 10/10. The "pyromaniac" title never felt like it fit as there's no real big drawback from her not setting fires. I'd be really cool to actually have to actively set fires or risk getting too stressed. Having to make some sort of "safe zones" to set things ablaze without causing too much actual damage to the camp or resources. Or just hoping that the forest you panicked and set on fire isn't, you know, super important or connected to half the map.

On the bright side you'd probably rarely be short on charcoal if you had to go forest burning every few days! 

I really want to know how the new Bernie works, that could be really interesting! Also, thanks for the work! I'm really hyped for the new short :shock: 

I was hoping for some magic perk related to fire oh well. That fuel related perk is not that useful to me, but i don't exacly know how efficent it is... so i'm gonna wait.

Fire inmunity is not that necessary but could be really useful for her, someone explained why already, is inmunity, do we really need arguments?. I also like the infinite lighter idea but both is too much i think.

If not, she really needs some interesting perk related to fire, actually a useful one.

People forgot - Oryginal first Willow had fire immunity and was OP. Without any problem she won in PvP, being the best pick for grief. Last time I heard cry about PvP in Don't Starve Together - in my opinion PvP in DST have no sense, sorry guys - and now you want fire immunity? Are you good bro? ;) This attitude just showing how community is divided and without one specific trend of thinking. Half want fire immu, half dont want fire immu, half is happy, half is angry. Nobody can please you.

Her revamp sounds good, 100% better than current Willow. More options with Bernie are the best part of her rework. I dont know what should I think about freezing and overheating, but for me - as common Willow player - sounds good, something fresh? Im sure legendary Willow's player know better :D I want to test she after release this refresh. And I want one for revamp Willow ... bigger dmg during using fire weapons. Not 50%! But maybe +10% aganist mobs? As master pyromaniac she should know how powerfull is fire! In game we have fire staff and fire dart. Both arent so usefull and people just dont use they. In game melee weapons like spear or hambat see the lead. It is the best time for making unused items more used!

Im little sad about channged dates in schedule. But I understand that was the last resort. I accept it with distaste and I hope that you will develop everything as you imagine. Also I love Klei attitude, they can write apologize (?) and explain why they must do update in other term. I've always respected studio for it, for being open for community. Which happens to be more hungry than lions in a cage.

19 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

@JoeW

I know dozens of friends who are waiting for the update to create a world, since we do not see more sense in investing in a world that will not receive the new content .... we should wait until when in the consoles for this?

I’m also looking for a response. I hope same day as PC. I had a friend purchase the game when I saw mid-April. We’ve been waiting since.

I took a break from DST in early 2018 after 2-3 years of playing and am returning after reading the 2019 roadmap, expecting the new content soon. I missed The Gorge because of the lack of news and I watched The Forge.

1 minute ago, Thalkas said:

People forgot - Oryginal first Willow had fire immunity and was OP. Without any problem she won in PvP, being the best pick for grief. Last time I heard cry about PvP in Don't Starve Together - in my opinion PvP in DST have no sense, sorry guys - and now you want fire immunity? Are you good bro? ;) This attitude just showing how community is divided and without one specific trend of thinking. Half want fire immu, half dont want fire immu, half is happy, half is angry. Nobody can please you.

Her revamp sounds good, 100% better than current Willow. More options with Bernie are the best part of her rework. I dont know what should I think about freezing and overheating, but for me - as common Willow player - sounds good, something fresh? Im sure legendary Willow's player know better  I want to test she after release this refresh. And I want one for revamp Willow ... bigger dmg during using fire weapons. Not 50%! But maybe +10% aganist mobs? As master pyromaniac she should know how powerfull is fire! In game we have fire staff and fire dart. Both arent so usefull and people just dont use they. In game melee weapons like spear or hambat see the lead. It is the best time for making unused items more used!

Im little sab about channged dates in schedule. But I understand that was the last resort. I accept it with distaste and I hope that you will develop everything as you imagine. Also I love Klei attitude, they can write apologize (?) and explain why they must do update in other term. I've always respected studio for it, for being open for community. Which happens to be more hungry than lions in a cage.

PVP is not the core of DST and should never be. The reasoning "Lighter was too strong in pvp" just shows how little Klei pays attention to what we wanted out of this. The Willow mains (people whose opinion on this should matter more) want fire immunity, a useful lighter and for her to be different from Wilson. 

12 minutes ago, TaffyMatt said:

Wait so is the only downsides that she takes more damage from the cold?

"downsides" seem a thing of the past. If you look at Wino and Wortox, klei is slowly but surely making everyone really good. That's not that bad of an idea to achieve balance, sorta.

The new main downside is "is not another character".

1 minute ago, Hell-met said:

"downsides" seem a thing of the past. If you look at Wino and Wortox, klei is slowly but surely making everyone really good. That's not that bad of an idea to achieve balance, sorta.

Yah hopefully their doing all this on purpose. Maybe the new areas will be super hard? Or maybe they're just making the game a little easier.

11 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

PVP is not the core of DST and should never be. The reasoning "Lighter was too strong in pvp" just shows how little Klei pays attention to what we wanted out of this. The Willow mains (people whose opinion on this should matter more) want fire immunity, a useful lighter and for her to be different from Wilson. 

For me PvP in DST is just ummm retarded... In this form currently have no sense. If people really want PvP than Klei would make something like Forge. With small/medium arena, time for wearing items and next fighting as characters with classes skills, no personal. With tour system or "the best fighter" system.

But I think then Klei will must make team for doing new PvP system with arena at the expense of normal game. Now they have a lot of work, so maybe we should just dont to make a new job at this time.

2 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

Just now, reverentsatyr said:

Yah hopefully their doing all this on purpose. Maybe the new areas will be super hard? Or maybe they're just making the game a little easier.

seriously, did you two read diffrent patch notes from the rest of us, because they all are absolutely negligable, extra fuel efficiency? logs are already good enough, bernie buffs? discount spider allies/abigail/pigs, extended fire immunity? not enough to make use of properly, overheat resistance? caves, thermal, ice cube hat, she, if we go off of the current rework ideas does not bring anything unique, intresting, or fun to the table, just things that are pointless, or negligable.

2 minutes ago, Shpee said:

seriously, did you two read diffrent patch notes from the rest of us, because they all are absolutely negligable, extra fuel efficiency? logs are already good enough, bernie buffs? discount spider allies/abigail/pigs, extended fire immunity? not enough to make use of properly, overheat resistance? caves, thermal, ice cube hat, she, if we go off of the current rework ideas does not bring anything unique, intresting, or fun to the table, just things that are pointless, or negligable.

That wasn't my point at all.

The point is "why should I pick wilson over this".

55 minutes ago, Chris1448 said:

List of what Willow can benefit from with 100% fire immunity:

- Fight burning mobs with no trouble

- Capitalize on sanity and warmth from standing on top of fires, especially in Winter

- Extremely helpful in the Dragonfly fight when dealing with Enraged DF and Lavae

- Be able to stand on top of DF's Lava Pools and use them as simple campfires

- Wall in mobs and fight within a ring of fire (@Fidooop)

- Ignore the burn of Klaus' Red Deer attack (@Papa Zach)

There's more that I can't think of right now, anyone care to add on?

- Yeah and burn the entire world in the process, nice work

- You still have a few seconds of fire immunity before losing it...

- You still have a few seconds of fire immunity before losing it...

-You still have a few seconds of fire immuntiy before losing it...

- That literally is just a waste of time

- You have most likely enough seconds of fire immunity to escape the Red Gem's Fury

You see this list literally get canceled by the fact that Willow has Temporary Fire Immunity, and if you are out of it? just walk away and return... Im p. sure it will instantly reset and wont be on a 1 day worth of cooldown. All this has immunity but loses it after a few seconds means you can't persistently stay ontop of fire sources, but if you just walk away and return you will literally be fine... Stop overexadurating the fact that she needs pernament Fire Immunity, there's literally nothing that does force you to stand in Fire for longer than a few seconds...

Just now, Hell-met said:

That wasn't my point at all.

The point is "why should I pick wilson over this".

10 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

first off, you said absolutely nothing about wilson here, second off, its not "why should i pick wilson over this" its "why should i pick this over the other characters"

Archived