Willow Refresh Info and Roadmap Schedule Update

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Wortox and Winona were full releases... That's not true

If you think about it Joe reveleaved only SOME features were revealed and many of our suggestions made it to the announcement. 

As for Wortox they already adjust him.. What other proposals do you have to change him? Or Winona? 

Unlike the proposed willow ideas, Wortox and Winona are powerful and have clear defined uses.

Please don't turn this into more of a dumpster fire than It already is. (The topic here is Willow's rework, lets keep it on that)

1 minute ago, HeatAndRun said:

Jeez have ya ever played Willow thoroughly

You can SEW the bernie!

how grand, we can sew the punching bag that can punch back, will really be suprised if bernie ends up being any more useful with the new buffs, likely that he will just end up wasting sewing kit durability even quicker due to more things being able to attack him, not much of a buff to me.

3 minutes ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

This thread is literally being trashposted to the max from the outrage

this is what happens when someone doesn't see "fire immunity".

note how we are not just talking about the fire immunity, but the bernie buffs, the extra fuel, everything, its not like we needed fire immunity, just something that makes willow more intresting to play as, wicker has books, winona has catapults, maxwell has puppets, wortox has teleporting, webber has spider armies/farms, what does willow have? a sub par minion, oh look, wendy already did that, wow.

7 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

Where does having brief fire immunity come in handy? Larvae? This is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. You should be able to utilize burning structures and objects for sanity gain, warmth and damage to mobs, it just doesn’t work if you need to dip in and out or risk killing yourself. 

This has nothing to do with griefing anymore as any character can burn down forests and bases, Wicker can even take things a step further.

I think it'd be great for hound attacks.. 

You can use blue hounds to hamper regular hounds, but reds can't really do the same. Willow could remedy to this for her benefit.

im guessing these changes are supposed to make you want to be insane when fighting so bernie can help you as your pet, but then we have wendy that already has the assets for this kind of gameplay, and honestly i think we have enough characters that only excel in battle

3 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Perhaps: You didn't see a newb in action yet.

Being a newb is something people deal with for a short period of time. We've all been there, we've all done that. We all have to make mistakes and learn from them. restricting certain challenges or drawbacks to avoid that does not teach players. It just babyproofs the game and makes it less interesting.

1 minute ago, Canis said:

Unlike the proposed willow ideas, Wortox and Winona are powerful and have clear defined uses.

U brought Winona and Wortox in the first place.. Go back and red your post pls. Moving on.. 

I'm simply letting you know they only revealed some features and that other adjustment will be coming. We don't even know if they saved the best for the released or if they have plans for fire weapons etc.. We have practically 2 weeks for that. 

5 minutes ago, Maximum101 said:

How many fire hazards/enemies are there besides D-FLY and larvae?

Just those 2 really 

So bernie has been quite useful to Wickerbottom and Maxwell from the past, but her lighter wasn't. Bernie was a symbol of cooperation, but her lighter was the one of annoying griefs.. I'm surprised they didn't buffed her lighter at a single degree. Today's remake announcement is like "Bernie Refresh" rather than "Willow Refresh". The initial reason Klei made her lighter craftable was an encouragement of cooperation, so in this revamp Klei should consider about buff her lighter, for cooperation and further interaction between players. In my very personal opinion the lighter could be better if other characters can cook through it, or at least give a small sanity boost to other players when grab the lighter or even the refuelablity. The lucky lighter has been Willow's identity from the "Strange New Power!" in Don't starve singleplay, So why don't we give the lighter another chance to be used in DST?

41 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Wow, at first glance I thought Bernie would fight only shadows. But now that you mention, "most hostile creatures" means quite a lot of the monsters I guess...

In this case I'm really interested in the answer as well. 

About Willow's other perks, they sound cool and definitely better then before, but I don't think it would make her much better. 

I think he is probably gonna work like in the forge.. A big bodyguard or something xD

List of what Willow can benefit from with 100% fire immunity:

- Fight burning mobs with no trouble

- Capitalize on sanity and warmth from standing on top of fires, especially in Winter

- Extremely helpful in the Dragonfly fight when dealing with Enraged DF and Lavae

- Be able to stand on top of DF's Lava Pools and use them as simple campfires

- Wall in mobs and fight within a ring of fire (@Fidooop)

- Ignore the burn of Klaus' Red Deer attack (@Papa Zach)

- Burn stacks of items at your feet for sanity & deal tons of damage to mobs (@ShadowDuelist)

There's more that I can't think of right now, anyone care to add on?

Just now, HeatAndRun said:

So bernie has been quite useful to Wickerbottom and Maxwell from the past, but her lighter wasn't. Bernie was a symbol of cooperation, but her lighter was the one of annoying griefs.. I'm surprised they didn't buffed her lighter at a single degree. Today's remake announcement is like "Bernie Refresh" rather than "Willow Refresh". The initial reason Klei made her lighter craftable was an encouragement of cooperation, so in this revamp Klei should consider about buff her lighter, for cooperation. In my very personal opinion the lighter could be better if other characters can cook through it, or give a small sanity boost to other players when grab the lighter. The lucky lighter has been Willow's identity from the "Strange New Power!" in Don't starve single, So why don't we give the lighter another chance to be used in DST?

He said he revealed some features only.. We probs gonna get more info as the date gets closer

Some personal opinions on what may have been done better:

- Give some perks based around the fire starter theme, I don't mind Bernie buffs, but if that's entirely what makes up her character, then that's going to have some problems. A few others than me posted before good rework ideas and i'd recommend reading back on them.

- Give her a bigger downside, possibly, freezing only really takes place in specific situations, like winter or during heavy rainfall, and can be quite easily preventable.

- Add some more abilities that'd be useful past early-mid game, as her downsides would only really benefit her early-game, and it'd make people just want to switch characters after a short enough amount of time.

I know I didn't really have anything specific in this post, and i'm sorry for that, as i'm not entirely too creative in coming up with ideas for this character. But there are a few good ideas which other users have come up with.

Just now, Chris1448 said:

List of what Willow can benefit from with 100% fire immunity:
- Fight burning mobs with no trouble
- Capitalize on sanity and warmth from standing on top of fires, especially in Winter
- Extremely helpful in the Dragonfly fight when dealing with Enraged DF and Lavae
- Be able to stand on top of DF's Lava Pools and use them as simple campfires

There's more that I can't think of right now, anyone care to add on?

Set up a protected burn area with a load of trees. When hounds spawn set them aflame and fight them from within the fire. Willow and Bernie can solo a pretty big hound wave with fire immunity I think.

11 minutes ago, Maximum101 said:

How many fire hazards/enemies are there besides D-FLY and larvae?

Klaus' fire based attack with the red gem deer.

.... maybe if you count a fire hounds death combustion then that'd be two more? Not sure if there's any other attacks.

Just now, Papa Zach said:

Klaus' fire based attack with the red gem deer.

.... maybe if you count a fire hounds death combustion then that'd be two more? Not sure if there's any other attacks.

I forgot about the NoEyed Deer.. Ty.. Thb it's not a big deal for the fight imo...

but u are correct ty

5 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

Set up a protected burn area with a load of trees. When hounds spawn set them aflame and fight them from within the fire. Willow and Bernie can solo a pretty big hound wave with fire immunity I think.

Nhmm maybe.. But she is only immune for some seconds.. We don't even know how long... 

Possible.. But depends 

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Nhmm maybe.. But she is only immune for some seconds.. We don't even know how long... 

Possible.. But depends 

35 minutes ago, JoeW said:

CURRENTLY it's set at Immunity for 6 second and 50% reduced damage. 

Right now, in-game, Willow doesn't take damage from fire until 3 seconds pass.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the update on what's going on. I'm sure whatever happens it'll be awesome.

Though I was thinking and just to throw it out there. Being able to speed cook or cook a whole stack at a time with Willow would be a pretty neat side buff.

Once again,

Thanks for the commitment to this game. I hope that any toxicity that is being sent out wont affect y'all that much. Stay awesome Klei.

Archived