Willow Refresh Info and Roadmap Schedule Update

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

They still have some features they didn't showcase. Maybe something else fire related is coming. 

Eeeeeeh, they didn't say that they're leaving out features (In the recent stream) so I'm wary to believe you.

4 hours ago, Canis said:

Eeeeeeh, they didn't say that they're leaving out features (In the recent stream) so I'm wary to believe you.

They didn't have the time to go thruogh everything. At the end of the stream  Vito showed the update log.

edit.. they showcased all features ion the log... He said some things will be added or might change tho... we are gonna have to wait and see

11 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Loved the stream teaser. Glad to see true Fire Immunity made in it.

• I still think her downside is still negligible, not the worst but a challenge to characters is nice.
  • I'm still concerned about what this means for Wendy/Abigail, but we'll have to wait for their rework I suppose.
  • Bit concerned with Bernie's assets—the line-work doesn't match the style super well, so they stick out a bit.

- her downside could be a bit more severe. At least her sanity could go down a bit faster while freezing and raining. 

- Bernie and Aby have different focus tho. Bernie doesn't have AoE and Willow needs to be insane and so it's a different strat. Bernie could be stronger in numbers but I don't remember if small Bernie can attack other mobs too. Aby is still gonna be AoE máster with her AoE stunlock. I hope they buff her hp and aggro control. 

- they are probably gonna be polishing art assets before release, but I quite like Bernie. He looks pretty terrifying, specially when he is running. And he is gonna stand out no matter what... He is pretty huge. 

15 hours ago, Zarklord said:

okay, just no.
you come off as a jerk, when you do the following:
not actually read the post your responding to, and this thread is riddled with post's from you where that's the case.
not responding to the actual points of the post in question, instead your only focus is calling out "all the flaws" in an argument.
literally taking every word out of context, and attacking people on it.

seriously, please stop this nonsense while you still have a shrivel of credibility, you have lost most of it in this thread as it is.

ok.. I'm gonna address this once to make it a closed case.

first of all, there is a line between sarcasm, irony vs insults... there is a real difference and if you cannot see it then we live in sad times indeed. I guess in a highly PC culture that makes sense somehow.

I apologize if my comments come off as "pedantic," that's not the intention.. but I think you clearly went overboard saying I twist every single comment out of context.. I had enough good interactions that prove this wrong.

in interactions there are misunderstandings and I many times conceded when I was wrong or supported ideas I didn't even realized before... that's the whole point of interacting and discussing.... 

anyways. I hope we can all interact in civility... 

-------------

this is the list of changes as of now shown on stream... can't see everything here ... maybe someone else can help decipher the last bits... 1:45:50 ... BTW. this is subject to change

5ccc319662f51_Screenshot(404).thumb.png.0b185ab659a7de1b599fadc594f2210e.png

Willow is now fire immune

Willow is now more easily frozen (e.g. by Ice Staves or Deerclops)

Willow no longer gets cold from low sanity

Winter gear is slightly less effective at keeping Willow warm

Willow takes more damage and looses sanity at freezing temperatures

Willow takes longer to overheat and less damage when overheated

Willow takes less burn damage while extinguishing smoldering fires and does it faster than others

Adding fuel to fire is 50% more effective

Bernie can now be equipped by Willow for sanity and warmth at the cost of durability

Bernie grows big and will taunt and fight most hostile creatures while Willow is nearby and insane

Bernie will still taunt Shadow Creatures when any other player is nearby and insane.

In addition, Willow still gains sanity near fire and can still cook with her Lighter.                                                  

@NoscopeFelix ty for helping with the last 2 lines :)

6 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

-------------

this is the list of changes as of now shown on stream... can't see everything here ... maybe someone else can help decipher the last bits... 1:45:50 ... BTW. this is subject to change

5ccc319662f51_Screenshot(404).thumb.png.0b185ab659a7de1b599fadc594f2210e.png

• Bernie will still taunt Shadow Creatures when any other player is nearby and insane.
  • In addition, Willow still gains sanity near fire and can still cook with her Lighter.                                                  It’s most likely the same changes as they announced

1 minute ago, NoscopeFelix said:

It’s most likely the same changes as they announced

these are the exact changes they announced yeap... Vito did mentioned they will have some other stuff added or some things might change.. but this is where they are rn

They showed off that she freezes quicker, this also happens with ice staves and Deerclops.

Takes 3 deerclops hits to freeze a normal player, and 2 for Willow.

So this, 

6 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Willow is not more easily frozen (e.g. by Ice Staves or Deerclops)

Is wrong. It says now more easily frozen. Not "not more easily frozen". 

image.png.c64770501fe1fb4493063213d17447ca.png

That's a W.

I really like what they've done with Willow so far! (I watched the stream last night, and I'm glad that she got fire immunity, and the going more insane while cold mechanic is very interesting! Having her lighter be infinite and not craftable would have been super cool, too, in my opinion, though; it'd be so nice to have that infinite lighter feel again ;O;)

All in all, I can't wait till the release, and for her lore filled short! :wilson_cool::wilson_blush:

i think the problem with the Willow rework and why it seems like alot of perks just slapped on is because she already had a play style and perks

with Wino and Wortox they had nothing to go off of so they had no limitations to creativity when they reworked them unlike Willow

i fear this may be a theme in the reworks...

23 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i think the problem with the Willow rework and why it seems like alot of perks just slapped on is because she already had a play style and perks

with Wino and Wortox they had nothing to go off of so they had no limitations to creativity when they reworked them unlike Willow

I think Willows rework is just a lot harder than the others, not only was she really weak from the start but it is probably really hard to adapt a firestarter character to team play, I still believe Klei is going to do a great job with the rest of the characters.

26 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

Just now, Osbalop said:

I think Willows rework is just a lot harder than the others, not only was she really weak from the start but it is probably really hard to adapt a firestarter character to team play, I still believe Klei is going to do a great job with the rest of the characters.

Again, I'd like to propose the ability for mobs killed by fire (specifically set alight by Willow) to not drop ash.

If we're loud enough, they'll hear us dammit.

52 minutes ago, Canis said:

Again, I'd like to propose the ability for mobs killed by fire (specifically set alight by Willow) to not drop ash.

I don't know, it kinda takes away from the danger fire has, like, for example, sure you could easily one shot a boss with enough gunpowder, but you loose all the good drops. So what you do is use the gunpowder and fire to weaken the boss, then finish them off yourself. If you take away that risk of losing the good loot, then it kinda takes away from it honestly. Plus, tell me what is more interesting and fun: Using fire to weaken an enemy, using 4D chess level thinking with your massive galaxy brain to calculate the burn time and damage dealt in comparison to the mobs health pool to get them as low as possible without killing them, and then killing them yourself with a single hit, without taking one yourself, and get all the loot. Or, just keep lighting them on fire till they die and you get all the loot that way because of that perk. Willows whole thing is fire, you make it easy with little risk, then it's not as interesting.

Fire in general is risky, using it as a weapon is not only a risk to the surroundings, but also the loot. But, the damage and panic that it deals to mobs is not insubstantial, there's a big risk of losing the good loot, but also pretty good reward for an easier fight. Even if I don't personally use it, I can appreciate the style, but if you can just burn everything and win with almost no risk, it takes away from that. 

tl;dr: It's just not as fun.

I finished the stream today, didn't catch it live, but anyways, I am in love with the devs right now. Seriously, how many games lose their fans because the developers fall out of touch with them? I'm delighted to see how Klei knows when to stick to a decision, and when to reconsider due to fan feedback. I don't main Willow, I don't care about Fire Immunity, but I'm happy that she got it just because fans were vocal enough about their opinions. I don't believe every suggestion should be made real, but yeah, this one was spot-on. Thanks for listening, Klei.

The rework looks pretty good, methinks. I was worried the perks were going to be unimportant and meh, but hearing Bernie's stats (2000 Health, 50 Damage) and seeing Willow's sanity and health plummet when freezing made me feel something only comparable to finding the Gears chest in a public server a 10-minutes animated short about the origins of the Clockworks.

TL;DR: THE CREATORS LISTEN, THIS PLEASES THE ROBOT.

45 minutes ago, AdventZen said:

THE CREATORS LISTEN,

I love this forum. It might take a while but I've made a family out of the creators. They treat the fans with such respect, I don't see Disney doing the same for their customers.

17 hours ago, blacknight7890 said:

I don't know, it kinda takes away from the danger fire has, like, for example, sure you could easily one shot a boss with enough gunpowder, but you loose all the good drops. So what you do is use the gunpowder and fire to weaken the boss, then finish them off yourself. If you take away that risk of losing the good loot, then it kinda takes away from it honestly. Plus, tell me what is more interesting and fun: Using fire to weaken an enemy, using 4D chess level thinking with your massive galaxy brain to calculate the burn time and damage dealt in comparison to the mobs health pool to get them as low as possible without killing them, and then killing them yourself with a single hit, without taking one yourself, and get all the loot. Or, just keep lighting them on fire till they die and you get all the loot that way because of that perk. Willows whole thing is fire, you make it easy with little risk, then it's not as interesting.

The thing is, planning ahead and calculating is not really Willows thing. Willow's the type that'll burn things and ask questions later. Calculating and planning ahead is boring, time consuming and nerdy. It's not in-character.

Using your galaxy brain to such extent is more in-line with Wilsons character.

7 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

The thing is, planning ahead and calculating is not really Willows thing. Willow's the type that'll burn things and ask questions later. Calculating and planning ahead is boring, time consuming and nerdy. It's not in-character.

Using your galaxy brain to such extent is more in-line with Wilsons character.

But protecting loot from turning to ash isn't in her character either 

She refers to Ashes saying that she would love to see that thing still burning whatever it was.. Which is precisely the point.. She doesn't care what burns.. As long as it is burning 

3 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

The original ones that will become heirlooms and WillowFly...

First off, I didn't ask what would become weavable.
I asked what would become UNweavable, so you can save that sass with the triple dots.

Second, the costume heads are not made weavable as shown by Winona's rework, so Willowfly won't be.

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

First off, I didn't ask what would become weavable.
I asked what would become UNweavable, so you can save that sass with the triple dots.

Second, the costume heads are not made weavable as shown by Winona's rework, so Willowfly won't be.

I just said it! the heirloom originals and Willowfly!

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I just said it! the heirloom originals and Willowfly!

I see where the source of the confusion is:
Not unweavable in the sense of being unraveled. Unweavable in the sense of no longer able to be woven.

And again, Willowfly is already able to be unraveled.

20 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I see where the source of the confusion is:
Not unweavable in the sense of being unraveled. Unweavable in the sense of no longer able to be woven.

And again, Willowfly is already able to be unraveled.

he means stuff like the forge or pig king

Archived