Willow Refresh Info and Roadmap Schedule Update

14 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The Obvious

...Still not getting anywhere? Then maybe it's time to actually consider a half-revert to her single-player counterpart.

• Give her full fire immunity back.
  • Bring back inventory fires.

It isn't as flashy as Wormwood, Winona, Wortox, or Wagstaff, but it's honestly a pretty solid advantage that I think most people would be content with. I think the main focus should be on getting her a better disadvantage than the current DST one & a less griefy one than the current DS one. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It gives her something to work with that impacts all skill levels and all points in time during the playthrough

It's an actual buff, that she needs.

1 minute ago, Tapirus said:

Being honest, it was unlikely have Willow again with her old fire immunity, since some people expressed want a change to avoid abuses of this.

"Since some people expressed want a change to avoid abuses of this"

Ya know what, sure, lets just pretend 70% of this entire thread doesn't exist.

Just now, GenomeSquirrel said:

I want fire immunity because it opens new doors

but I am curious how they designed bernie, having him fight shadow monsters and other mobs at the same seems like it would make his hp plummet fast, even with his high hp

we really don't know his stats... I've asked Joe already about it..we will have to wait and see for more official info on that in the next couple of days

1 minute ago, Tapirus said:

Being honest, it was unlikely have Willow again with her old fire immunity, since some people expressed want a change to avoid abuses of this.

I don't understand how fire immunity makes her anymore of a griefer character, you can literally make a torch as anyone and just not stand in the flames.

1 minute ago, Canis said:

"Since some people expressed want a change to avoid abuses of this"

I have a strange feeling that Klei is against fire immunity themselves.

1 minute ago, Hatano Eichero said:

I really hope not, considering the fact that there are a *lot* of people that want it. If their concerns are that it can be used for griefing, that's stupid considering torches are craftable by anyone and are doo doo easy to craft. Not to mention the fact that Wicker is actually the best at griefing with the tentacle book.

7 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

I absolutely agree, they are going around this for a strong reason, I mean giving it back is probably changing one line of code only. I think it would probably not only open the exploits I presented, but also others that we dont know or we are not seeing now.

59 minutes ago, Canis said:

Uh?...

I'm not "pretending" nothing, actually. 

The change was done by opinions of the own community. Maybe that will produce you some anger and frustration, but is the truth.

58 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

I don't understand how fire immunity makes her anymore of a griefer character, you can literally make a torch as anyone and just not stand in the flames.

Time ago, people not only expressed issues for grief reasons, it was becuase she was "OP" for PvP too.

So, Klei made a "balance" on her.

8 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I absolutely agree, they are going around this for a strong reason, I mean giving it back is probably changing one line of code only. I think it would probably not only open the exploits I presented, but also others that we dont know or we are not seeing now.

Kinda a bit unrelated.. But since Bernie a bit different now.. Could you not just bundle wrap them? That would aliviate the inventory space and u could drop them tactically if needed 

By the way, I think it's an awesome system to put out the intended update list some time before the actual update for us to discuss. I don't think Klei has to always listen to whatever we have to suggest, but maybe some good feedback can come of it. Overall, I just want to hug the Klei people.

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

Kinda a bit unrelated.. But since bernie a bit different now.. Could you not bundle wrap them? That's would aliviate the inventory space and u cab drop them tactically if needed 

Dropping bundles and when the enemy comes,  a lot of big bernies grow out of the bundles and charge the enemy.... now that would be the most epic thing ever....

I know it doesnt work like that, but I want that now...

Just now, ShadowDuelist said:

Dropping bundles and when the enemy comes,  a lot of big bernies grow out of the bundles and charge the enemy.... now that would be the most epic thing ever....

I know it doesnt work like that, but I want that now...

We could Def ask for it.. It would be nice perk for her 

After giving this some considerable thought, I am not sure what was behind the reasoning for giving the stuffed bear extra functionality while neglecting the very much misunderstood lighter. The former was (and I argue still is) mechanically fine, while the latter really does need something to help set it apart from its light-casting peers.

Perhaps the decision to delay the update was a prudent one indeed for reasons then-unrealized. Plenty of time to think this through and decide just what we want from our little pyromaniac friend, if anything at all.

43 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I've never found it useful in combat. It causes most enemies to run around and ignite everything else, while also burning most of the important drops.

42 minutes ago, Canis said:

Enemies still flinch when attacked, allowing you to effectively stun lock enemies that aren't insanely fast.

You could also argue that Klei could add another perk to have mobs slain by Fire (set by Willow) wont drop ash and instead their normal items.

You shouldn't be actually be igniting any enemies, the idea is to kill them through fire damage (see fire farms in solo DS, the current out of bounds Bee Queen cheese and James Bucket's "mob ovens" in DST) not by setting them on fire so the drops will burn.

Just now, Ressayez said:

You shouldn't be actually be igniting any enemies, the idea is to kill them through fire damage (see fire farms in solo DS, the current out of bounds Bee Queen cheese and James Bucket's "mob ovens" in DST) not by setting them on fire so the drops will burn.

This is a refresh we're talking about. Whats stopping Klei from allowing mobs that die from fire (exclusively set by Willow) to not drop ash?

(By exclusively set by Willow, I mean Willow physically attacked a mob with a tool/weapon that sets things on fire)

9 minutes ago, Trenix said:

Would be cool if Willow could create a special fire structure called a bonfire. It could be bigger, larger radius, hotter, and take more wood than other fires.

I think this sort of new personal items or structures is what people would really be happy with. It seemed to work with wino.

12 minutes ago, Canis said:

This is a refresh we're talking about. Whats stopping Klei from allowing mobs that die from fire (exclusively set by Willow) to not drop ash?

(By exclusively set by Willow, I mean Willow physically attacked a mob with a tool/weapon that sets things on fire)

That would be a bit op.. You are eliminating the normal result of using fire... Then don't use fire in the first place to attack... 

If you take a look at this update it's clear the devs are moving away from DS Willow... I was myself very resistance to this.. But if u look at how much you could do with bernies compared to fire.. You'll see fire is much more situational. 

Archived