Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Chris1448

[Wheeler Poll] Your Thoughts On Wheeler's Changes?

How do you like Wheeler?  

124 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you think of the Trusty Shooter in its current state?

    • Overpowered/Unbalanced.
    • Fine as is.
    • STILL too weak.
  2. 2. What do you think of Wheeler's dodge right now?

    • OP/Unbalanced.
    • It works fine, needs no change.
    • It needs a buff.
  3. 3. What do you think of Wheeler's movement speed buff?

    • It's overpowered and should be changed.
    • It's a great addition that needs no change.
    • It's not good enough and should be buffed.
  4. 4. What do you think of Wheeler's -5 inventory slots being removed?

    • It should be added back, it was a good drawback.
    • It's a great change, it was annoying to deal with.
  5. 5. What do you think Wheeler's downside(s) should be, if any?

    • Bring back -5 inventory slots.
    • Weighed down by items in inventory/armor worn.
    • Lower Max HP.
    • Increase the dodge roll timer.
    • Disable any outside speed boosters. (Roads, canes, coffee, etc.)
    • Other (Discuss in comments).


Recommended Posts

Ogrecakes    1,870
2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

And yet no one cries ovet wolf speed or WX speed

I think the devs meant the speed for a piggyback meta but then forgot about it an increased inv space

Again, Wolfgang has to be near full hunger, and WX loses sanity every time he is struck by lightning.

Wheeler doesn't have to do jack ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
--- -.-    3,373
1 hour ago, Ogrecakes said:

Again, Wolfgang has to be near full hunger, and WX loses sanity every time he is struck by lightning.

Wheeler doesn't have to do jack ****.

"WX-78 will lose 33 sanity and gain 100 health when initially struck by Lightning, and can be struck multiple times after System Overload has been activated. System Overload lasts for roughly 1 Day but can be stacked from multiple strikes to last indefinitely." - DS wiki

I don't know if 100 health is always recovered when struck by lightning, but it looks like with thunderbirds WX-78 can become invincible and gets a 50% speed boost which can last indefinitely and it's basically free when you find the thunderbird biome. He can go sane after killing some nightmares and picking flowers in the hamlet jungles which grow back, so losing 33 sanity isn't even an actual downside especially since he can get overcharged when already insane then just get back his sanity when he has indefinite 50% speed boost, light aura, and immunity to freezing.

Seems much more broken than Wheeler's 10% inherent speed and gimmick of 1% speed boost when you have an empty inventory slot. Which you would need to have a completely empty inventory to get that 15% speed boost which realistically I doubt anyone would want to keep 10 or more of their inventory slots empty other than for boss battles.. Especially when you need to carry so many different things on you always in hamlet at least in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ogrecakes    1,870
2 hours ago, Warbucks said:

"WX-78 will lose 33 sanity and gain 100 health when initially struck by Lightning, and can be struck multiple times after System Overload has been activated. System Overload lasts for roughly 1 Day but can be stacked from multiple strikes to last indefinitely." - DS wiki

I don't know if 100 health is always recovered when struck by lightning, but it looks like with thunderbirds WX-78 can become invincible and gets a 50% speed boost which can last indefinitely and it's basically free when you find the thunderbird biome. He can go sane after killing some nightmares and picking flowers in the hamlet jungles which grow back, so losing 33 sanity isn't even an actual downside especially since he can get overcharged when already insane then just get back his sanity when he has indefinite 50% speed boost, light aura, and immunity to freezing.

Seems much more broken than Wheeler's 10% inherent speed and gimmick of 1% speed boost when you have an empty inventory slot. Which you would need to have a completely empty inventory to get that 15% speed boost which realistically I doubt anyone would want to keep 10 or more of their inventory slots empty other than for boss battles.. Especially when you need to carry so many different things on you always in hamlet at least in my opinion.

Not saying WX is balanced by any means, but the difference here is that WX is broken in Hamlet because of a lack of patches (or any balance in general), while Wheeler is broken because she was patched to be broken.

Ever seen WX-78 during a storm in Shipwrecked? You can drain from 100% to 0% sanity in a matter of minutes, and in Vanilla/RoG it can be a semi rare occurrence for him to actually get over charged.

WX also has the downsides of low initial stats, and taking damage from rain. Wheeler has no important downsides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
--- -.-    3,373
11 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Wheeler has no important downsides.

Well from all this feedback I'm pretty sure one of these days an update will add some sort of con to her or they'll just nerf her to oblivion and call it a day (or ignore it all like they did with Warbucks *traumatic flashbacks intensifies*), just gotta wait and see :D!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Computer-7    896
1 hour ago, Ogrecakes said:

WX also has the downsides of low initial stats, and taking damage from rain. Wheeler has no important downsides.

wilson has no downside so with that logic wilson is better than wx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ogrecakes    1,870
48 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

wilson has no downside so with that logic wilson is better than wx

thats a 2 second brain scheme if I've ever seen one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pedregales    362

I don't think the -5 inventory slots should come back. It is just annoying.

  1. Her dodge is almost fine, could use less invincible frames or maybe make invincible only from the back (so you don't dodge in the direction of the attack, but rather away from it). Don't know how hard, if possible, it is to do that though. Also, it should cost some hunger, 5 hunger is good enough I think.
  2. Give her an inherent +0.15 speed buff (+15% speed multiplier), but for each inventory slot filled she loses -0.01 on the speed multiplier (so if you have 2 items in your inventories, you have a +0.13 speed buff, which translates to a +13% speed multiplier). Filled inventory slots on backpacks, bundling wraps, her navigadget and pew-matic also count; so a full bundling wrap gives -0.05 to the speed buff (the four item slots of the bundling wrap and the bundling wrap itself). She cannot go below -0.2 speed buff (-20% speed multiplier) this way.
  3. Re-work her horn so it scares all the mobs in the screen away instead of dealing damage at the cost of sanity. Or nerf the damage back to the original numbers.
  4. If her horn is going to stay the same, her health should be roughly as low as Maxwell's. If the horn is tweaked, her health should be roughly as low as Wes.

EDIT: perhaps she shouldn't be able to dodge below a certain hunger threshold, below 20% maybe.

EDIT2: ordered the list in numbers and re-worded and expanded idea number 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooagain    2,013

I think the dmg values are fine, but they need less items in the 100 category. Only sharp objects like stingers and platipine quills and hound teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Computer-7    896
9 hours ago, Mooagain said:

I think the dmg values are fine, but they need less items in the 100 category. Only sharp objects like stingers and platipine quills and hound teeth.

1 stinger being as powerful as a blow dart is a little much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooagain    2,013
4 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

1 stinger being as powerful as a blow dart is a little much.

Well, they have no other uses, and the character needs some strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pedregales    362
3 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Well, they have no other uses, and the character needs some strengths.

She already has plenty of strengths though... Inherent 10% speed buff + 1% bonus speed per empty inventory slot (not counting backpacks), dodge skill that let's her tank most enemies if done correctly, and navigadget that let's you farm specific stuff more efficiently if ever so slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TalZahn    66

I think everything would be fine with wheeler as long as she got her loss of inventory slots again. It's a significant downside that makes her more of a challenge while having strengths (pew matic horn specifically, but dodge as well) that make up for that loss. 

I could see making common items like twigs a little less damage in the pewmatic, but otherwise the easiest fix for her is less inventory. I feel anything else will be convoluted downsides or repeat 'disadvantages' that will seem tiresome (such as yet another 'gets hungrier when x')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris1448    13,048
1 minute ago, TalZahn said:

I think everything would be fine with wheeler as long as she got her loss of inventory slots again. It's a significant downside that makes her more of a challenge while having strengths (pew matic horn specifically, but dodge as well) that make up for that loss. 

I could see making common items like twigs a little less damage in the pewmatic, but otherwise the easiest fix for her is less inventory. I feel anything else will be convoluted downsides or repeat 'disadvantages' that will seem tiresome (such as yet another 'gets hungrier when x')

Boy do I have some news for you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mack Swell    1,731

I just want to take a moment to soak in how everyone cried over Wheeler having less inventory slots but when that got removed everyone was all like "weh now she is OP thats OP clay pls it was fine we didn't mean it". 

 

weh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites