[Game Update] - 328827

Just now, Warbucks said:

The problem is less inventory slots = you need to spent more time on what item you want to hold = time wasted on basically doing nothing = makes the experience as a whole less fun, tedious, and boring because you have repeat this cycle every 5 or less minutes instead of doing what you want to actually be doing.

In my opinion Wheeler's dodge makes her feel like a character which's supposed to make things feel more fast-paced, intense, and explore and do want you want! Not making everything come to a halt every couple minutes because her pockets are too small to fit some grass in it or a tiny idol :wilson_cry:..

I told you before... u can gather up stuff in one place and then pick it up.. that's what I do when exploring ruins... centralize all loot by the door and then collect what I see relevant and move on

I'm against weight mechanics for that matter. They are tedious IMO and then irrelevant.. which makes her downside a cero.... weight penalties with coffee are nonexistant

10 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

It's still annoying and a tedious chore to have to go back and forth to one spot just because you couldn't hold unto something.

Yeah, I thought about it and what I came up with is instead of just slowing her down based on weight if her weight gets too high then instead of being slowed down she should just be forced into the groggy walking state like when you wear a backpack while there's fog, coffee or any speed boosts won't be able to get rid of that REAL con and you would have to stick to wearing different armor combinations then you don't become "encumbered" which when in that state she shouldn't be able to dodge either ;).

I don't see the devs working on a new mechanic for that.. quite honestly... it feels like a good amount of work and I dont think they are going in that direction now... they would have to code a weigh system and scale all items in the game to give a balanced proportion... remember you can carry 100 logs and 120 rocks and you don't get encumbered in the game

I believe is much easier to simply scale down her dmg fro the gun a bit (25, 34, 50), reduce hp (100-110) and lower her inventory to -5 slots...

those are my 2 cents... we can agree to disagree

Edited by FreyaMaluk

10 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

The weight would only work on equippables, it wouldn't be that much different how ammo is in different categories for the pew-matic's damage.

E.g. if Wheeler's weight is higher than 10 she gets groggy, Log Armor = 5 weight, Grass Suit = 0 weight, Football Helm = 3 weight, Spear = 3 weight, Pew-matic = 0 weight, ect.

It would just be adding a value to current equippables available in DS and it's DLC which based on the value lowers movement speed until she gets "encumbered" from going past 10 weight or something.

Though, yeah if you don't agree with this then let's agree to disagree. Less inventory slots is just too tedious of a con for me which adds nothing to gameplay at all except for more boring chore-like things to do, while a con like this would make how you have to play Wheeler change drastically in combat since you are basically forced to use generally weaker but lighter gear and adds a sense of actual vulnerability instead of feeling invincible like a mighty Wolfgang in a log suit and football helmet with a hambat.

I understand your point.. I just don't see this as a real downside... specially when u have bundling wraps... you could just pack up all your weapons and use them when u need them, and never getting slowed...

let's just wait for the devs to adjust her

if they at least lower the dmg of her gun and her hp I could call my self satisfied 

I don't get why people want to nerf her so much, WX in hamlet has a permanent light source without using any slots as well as amazing speed boost. Still she is nowhere near as powerful as WX is so I see no problem with her. Stop calling for nerfs in a singleplayer game, if you dont want the game to feel too easy just dont play her (and dont play WX and Wolfgang too).

1 hour ago, Growey said:

I don't get why people want to nerf her so much, WX in hamlet has a permanent light source without using any slots as well as amazing speed boost. Still she is nowhere near as powerful as WX is so I see no problem with her. Stop calling for nerfs in a singleplayer game, if you dont want the game to feel too easy just dont play her (and dont play WX and Wolfgang too).

Specially the dmg table is pretty broken rn

50 75 and 100 dmg feels very op along all her new speed

I think Lower HP and going back to old gun dmg are good measures at least.. 

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Specially the dmg table is pretty broken rn

59 75 and 100 dmg feels very op along all her new speed

I think Lower HP and going back to old gun dmg are good measures at least.. 

I like the damage values the way they are, but is a little OP using stone. I think the 100 damage should be limited to a few things, like platapine quills, bee stingers, and hound teeth.

Wheeler is definitely over buffed

So i just wanna show everybody how i would balance Wheeler:

+Reduce dodge cooldown to 1 second.

+Inventory size: 12 slots.

+Dodge cooldown increases by 0.5s every 4 items (Max 3s).

+Remove speed boost while wearing backpack.

What do you guys think?

Edited by darchfiend
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, darchfiend said:

Wheeler is definitely over buffed

So i just wanna show everybody how i would balance Wheeler:

+Reduce dodge cooldown to 1 second.

+Inventory size: 12 slots.

+Dodge cooldown increases by 0.5s every 4 items (Max 3s).

+Remove speed boost while wearing backpack.

What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me.

An alternative to the smaller inventory size is to make any item Wheeler carries have a reduced maximum stack size. You would still have the ability to carry tools and equipment without issues but reducing stack sizes could make carrying large amounts of resources more difficult. It could also be a bit tedious when transferring items from chests to inventory, although hopefully not annoying.

Additionally, Wheeler is the first character to have a higher base speed. Which just feels weird, speed is the most overpowered stat in the game, every other character who has an improved running ability needs to do something in order to attain it.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2019 at 7:58 PM, Angel_Octoling said:

People kept complaining about her not having enough slots, and having no real upsides.

ive not been around in this forum lately. if this is true im actually perplexed that people said she had no upsides

10 hours ago, Datanon said:

ive not been around in this forum lately. if this is true im actually perplexed that people said she had no upsides

Yes, it's true.
Back then, she had 10 slots, no movement speed, and her gun was bugged so the last ammo didn't shoot, and didn't do nearly as much damage as it does now.

And her Dodge had no I frames, so she took damage if she wasn't quick enough.

Now, 15 slots, more movement speed, DMG-uped gun, and "I" frame Dodge.
I can see where both parties are coming from, however.

2 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

her gun was bugged so the last ammo didn't shoot, and didn't do nearly as much damage as it does now.

Now her gun is bugged so the last ammo sometimes stays forever making it shoot infinitely

• Haha 2