Last Speculations

4 minutes ago, jantonio said:

dark sword skin, only wish tbh

Oh yeah that would be really nice,i have thought about that before and i came to this:If the Dark Sword is based of perisan Shamshir,why we can´t have a skin that looks like polish saber with the hand guards and such ?

19 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Balloon sword skin for the dark sword, all colorful and stuff;) imagine if such a thing came with the Wes revamp x)

It would be rad if on craft it randomly chooses a color.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but among the new content and the characters rebalance, I hope at some point some items get rebalanced so we have more options :)  maybe last in the updates priority, its not like this is gamebreaking or anything.

EG:

Spoiler

• Batbats are really cool in theory, and the new skin has a lovely animation, but in practice they are way too expensive to make, and the only times I found myself using them was when I find them for free in the ruins. I think their crafting cost should definately be lower. (1 living log, 3 fuel, 2 batwings, maybe?)
  • Armors: Currently the meta is either football helmet and maybe logsuit, then no transition, straight into thul crowns. Night armor is a great concept of armor but realistically I'm probably the only one that tries to give it a use. Perhaps with a lower cost to make (2 papyrus and 3 fuel instead of current cost) and maybe with a decrease in the permanent sanity drain (5 instead of 10, since it already takes sanity when you get hit, and it would also make sense that "nights" drain 5 sanity a minute) it can become more of a mid tier armor, before switching to ancient tier.
  • Insulated backpack: for a boss item and how expensive it is to craft, I feel this is lacking, and improvement could be made to it. Currently its usually better to just use those 2 gears it takes to make into 2 fridges in different places. Also, I keep seeing how people feed lureplants with the bearger fur which is sad, whereas deerclops eyes are almost always valued as hats or shootious building material. As a solution, maybe let it keep food just as good as a fridge, and give it the same size of a regular backpack, but without being able to cool down a thermal (like a fridge would do) for balance. This would make it an interesting regular backpack upgrade while you wait for a krampus sack, specially for those who dislike the piggyback's speed penalty.
  • Night lights: although they look great, I've rarely used them, mostly for ruins emergency light if for any reason im out of a starcaller, and other niche situations. If you have cool suggestions of their usage, im all eyes.

Etc.

28 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Night lights: although they look great, I've rarely used them, mostly for ruins light and other niche situations. If you have cool suggestions of their usage, im all eyes.

I would make them so, as their name would imply, they only work at night. The long burn time is usually wasted most of the year. They would also only be active when a player steps into it's light radius similar to a nightlight. I feel like they would get more use if they became this really efficient light source that was only on when it needs to be.

I personnaly want more structures to base design. The addition of the relic structure was a really great idea and more stuff like that needs to be implemented in game. Here's my idea :

Spoiler

- Maybe more statues with the potter wheel

- Being able to use gold, moonstone and/or thulecite to create the said statue would be awesome (imagine a gold statue of deerclop in your base *-*)

- More plant-base structure 

- Being able to create tombstone would be cool ! (Those version could be destroy like walls) i would use them as memorials for other player that visit my world

- More craftable turf 

But either way i'm sure that klei as a bunch of unique and extravagante ideas in store and i cant wait to see them 

15 minutes ago, Shpee said:

pubs being filled to the brim with willows, 90% of burnables being reduced to ash, average willow things.

I've found much more griefing coming from other classes, fortunately the griefing Willow meme has stopped a few years ago.

Spoiler

Just yesterday a bunch of players in a public, mobbed me saying that I was killing weetusk and that such thing caused mactusk to take much longer to spawn (???) and because of that they assumed that I was a griefer, and finally all the server was complaining of how I was ruining their fun and kicked me. (And I was trying to get the tusk items for everyone...)
I find those kinda things much more irritating than getting my base burned, honestly. I always have a B plan for reconstructing and surviving after a griefer destroys my base, but being kicked for no valid reason just means you can't play at all.

Also, even their respawn facts were wrong, I never kill weetusk 'cause i dont care to do so.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but among the new content and the characters rebalance, I hope at some point some items get rebalanced so we have more options :)  maybe last in the updates priority, its not like this is gamebreaking or anything

I am in total agreement that the tech progression for weapons and armor is way out of whack, there's so many interesting armor and weapon concepts in the game but resource cost and stats often results in players just running around with a football helmet and hambat for the majority of the game.

Tuning some stat numbers and resource costs to help shake up the meta would definitely be a welcome change.

I'd also love if iron migrated over from Hamlet to help create a more clearly defined mid-tier for equipment but that's just my opinion.

Based on the images in the roadmap, the next update will be a Willow rework. I personally hope it has something to do with improving her fire capabilities in a cooperative way. Maybe when she adds fuel to the fire, it will increase the duration more than other characters? Maybe she can craft a fuel source that is better than wood? I donno.

6 minutes ago, Trenix said:

Based on the images in the roadmap, the next update will be a Willow rework. I personally hope it has something to do with improving her fire capabilities in a cooperative way. Maybe when she adds fuel to the fire, it will increase the duration than a typical player? Maybe she can craft a fuel source that is better than wood? I donno.

light herself on fire to amuse the rest of the team

1 minute ago, Trenix said:

Based on the images in the roadmap, the next update will be a Willow rework. I personally hope it has something to do with improving her fire capabilities in a cooperative way. Maybe when she adds fuel to the fire, it will increase the duration than a typical player? Maybe she can craft a fuel source that is better than wood? I donno.

I have an inside source at Klei that tells me that Willow is getting a flaming catapult. Webber is next month, and he's getting a web catapult. Wes is after that and he's getting a balloon catapult. Wickerbottom comes after with a book catapult. Maxwell comes next with a nightmare fuel catapult. Wilson after that gets a beard hair catapult. WX comes next and he gets a gear catapult. Wendy comes after that and gets a g-g-g-g-ghost! catapult, and then Woodie comes next and gets his werebeaver tail turned into a wood catapult, while Wigfrid is next and gets a spear catapult. Wolfgang is last and is getting a 30% damage reduction to his mighty form.

Just now, Maknov said:

Either they're surprising us tomorrow, or the update is coming sometime in May. :wilson_curious:

i hope they dont do it in May because knowing that two characters got refreshes in the same mounth would kill me with my need to be tidy

Archived