Update question

klei has made it clear numerous times they aren't really bothered by deadlines. Not by malice but by ensuring quality.

at any rate, a handful of extra days doesn't change a thing for anyone. Take a seat or play other games.

One of these days Klei is gonna announce some huge content, then the deadline is closing in... We all know for certain that it's gonna be delayed.

They announce it is delayed, we're all salty for a while... but then suddenly it's gonna drop at 1 in the morning, with a big SIKE from Klei.

It's gonna happen one of these days, trust me.

6 hours ago, Shpee said:

monday sounds about right, they did say that it would be released at the END of the month, so unless they rolled a nat 1 on coding we should be good.

I mean... @nome DID say he was doing some blindfolded coding on yesterday's stream.

Maybe that's what happened. :wilson_ecstatic:

24 minutes ago, Voidbarker said:

honestly, it's probably better if it's delayed -- at least it won't be horrendously buggy.

You know what would be nice? Interaction with your fan base. Confirmation of what’s coming up in your game. Any news at all. 

Here’s how it’s done. 

15 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

We're getting news soon.

My frustration is that between January 22 and yesterday we had nothing. I’m a returning player from over a year ago and a PS4 user. I’ve missed the Forge, the Gorge and Hamlet.  I missed a lot because of the lack of news regarding the game and lack of console updates.  I expected a delay when I read the ‘Dont Starve 2019 roadmap’. I just want to not be waiting in the dark. 

Charlie might get me!

2 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

My frustration is that between January 22 and yesterday we had nothing. I’m a returning player from over a year ago and a PS4 user. I’ve missed the Forge, the Gorge and Hamlet.  I missed a lot because of the lack of news regarding the game and lack of console updates.  I expected a delay when I read the ‘Dont Starve 2019 roadmap’. I just want to not be waiting in the dark. 

We had an update about the timeline when Wortox came out.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, Bigfoot said:

Upcoming
At the end of April we are planning to release the first major game update. This first update will be focused on laying the groundwork for more content. 

In addition, the next character to be refreshed will be Willow, launching at the same time as the game update.

Just now, Dynamix_Roxx said:

That was said in the DST 2019 roadmap already. 

Somewhat. The roadmap said mid-April. That got pushed to the end of April, and now to whenever we learn of today.

I don't see the problem. They planned content for April, April still isn't over and we're getting news today.

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Somewhat. The roadmap said mid-April. That got pushed to the end of April, and now to whenever we learn of today.

I don't see the problem. They planned content for April, April still isn't over and we're getting news today.

You’re right, they pushed it back then. We’ll see what news comes out today. I hope I’m surprised. Both posts so far said April. 

1 minute ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

You’re right, they pushed it back then. We’ll see what news comes out today. I hope I’m surprised. Both posts so far said April. 

I don't mean to come off as dismissive. I personally would love more regular updates, but I do wonder what they would be able to share.

17 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I don't mean to come off as dismissive. I personally would love more regular updates, but I do wonder what they would be able to share.

Release dates. What changes are planned. News of what’s in this update. What kind of creatures and biomes we can expect. Character update teasers. Teaser trailers. I’ve missed all the recent stuff. I have to come here for DST news. 

Again, I’m very excited to see what comes out today. 

48 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

F849DD90-8DC1-43D5-A221-751FB06723F5.jpeg.e35ecd086d817e54bcff46975f990960.jpeg

You fool ,you and me are PS4 users. Our future is uncertain. We probably will get the update later than the pc version

9 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

F849DD90-8DC1-43D5-A221-751FB06723F5.jpeg.e35ecd086d817e54bcff46975f990960.jpeg

You fool ,you and me are PS4 users. Our future is uncertain. We probably will get the update later than the pc version

Ha. This I knew reading the roadmap. I’ve missed every other DST update because I’m a PS4 user. Even Wortox was a delayed.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Did you see the Overwatch developer update I posted? Simple. 

24 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Did you see the Overwatch developer update I posted? Simple. 

Yeah, I'm just not sure that sorta format would work well.

First off there's the matter of making sure what's being said is what's actually going into the game. The best example I can think of would be Warbucks in Hamlet. A dev, I think JoeW, mentioned that things get scrapped all the time (obviously) but most don't make it to the players like it had in that case. Mentioning specific content too earlier falls into this problem, and they are sorta already mentioning stuff when it's in a ready state (like Wortox).

Second, these updates can be somewhat small by themselves. The first ANR update was like... map update, compass tracking, disease, and the moonlens—and that was shown off in the posters they end up providing anyway, so it would be a bit redundant. 

Third, is more of a Klei "problem" and that's them needing to spend more time making those sort of things. Not a huge issue, but with how relatively small they are it can put a hamper on progress. The Klei devs that keep up updated have other priorities as well.

Fourth, personal opinion, that video you linked was very long winded and could've been covered in a much more convenient span of time if it were patch notes or a list in general. It's not as "personal", but that's not what I personally look for in news updates anyway. That's the kind of thing I attend Klei streams for. 

Archived