The Hunter (speculation on the upcoming new character for DST)

Since every time I write the word "Warbucks" here on the forum people get upset, I reformulate my post of this morning, I don't want to upset the sensitive souls :D

I think the next new DST character could be a hunter: the game still lacks a character that fights at a distance (similar to how Wheeler fights in DS Hamlet :distracted: )
I think these should be his statistics:
Health: 100
Hunger: 150
Sanity: 200
"The Hunter" loves his wealth: he loves gold; he has a bank of his own in London, where he dives into money like a flashfish, digs tunnels like a mole and throws it over his head like a shower.
"The Hunter" recovers +1 sanity per minute for every 10 gold nuggets in its inventory, up to a maximum of +10 per minute.
Beast hunter: "The Hunter" is a hunter; he loves the thrill he feels while hunting big animals with his trusty riffle. In his villa in London he has a room dedicated exclusively to hunting trophies, proof of the triumph of man over wild nature!
"The Hunter" starts with a rifle. You can craft it with gears, wooden boards and gold.
Only "The Hunter" can craft bullets, so without at least one "The Hunter" in the squad it is not possible to run the rifle for long.
Bullets are crafted with gunpowder and rock.
"The Hunter" regains sanity when it kills a creature, based on the creature's life points (surely only +1 sanity for creatures under 100 life points); this does not apply to pigs, bunnyman or other players (they are too "human" and "The Hunter" don't finds it gratifying to kill them).
"The Hunter" can craft trophies with the remains of some animals: he can exchange these trophies with the pig king for rewards. (or use them as decorative objects)
Example: Dragon Trophy (with dragonfly skin and monster meat): the Pig King exults jubilation and gives "The Hunter" 1 gem of every color of the rainbow.
"The Hunter" is a veteran of exploration: as a young man he was already marching in the name of the queen in the heart of black Africa! He had to learn to make his resources last: all the tools that "The Hunter" uses lose half of their durability.
Disadvantages:
"The Hunter" is now used to his life of comfort and wealth in London, as well as being old and frail.
He has about 33% less life; the food that is not prepared in the pot makes him disgusted, making him suffer a penalty of -15 to the sanity.
As you can see, this new character is absolutely original and unpublished, without any reference whatsoever to other things :afro:

image.thumb.png.7774b37663c9ad2aa5920c61fe332e4d.png

21 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

snip

I dont really want a Warbucks analoge.. His gameplay was boring.. I would rather something completely new.. 

21 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Hey this is literally the same post with a different subject or im having the weirdest groundhog day.

This goat to be one of klei's jokes!

It was on Wortox files with a "next character" tab

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

It was on Wortox files with a "next character" tab

I know, I was just kidding :D It could be something Klei added to lure our attention though.

However, If it is a real hint at what's coming, I hope it is Billy or Mumsy from the gorge. They said they'd follow when you escape the gorge.

10 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I know, I was just kidding :D It could be something Klei added to lure our attention though.

However, If it is a real hint at what's coming, I hope it is Billy or Mumsy from the gorge. They said they'd follow when you escape the gorge.

I hope that too. When Minespatch shared this info Sudura uncovered, my first though was to go to Mumsy. I love her <3

22 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I'm really hoping it's one of them. I would love a character that gets access to some Gorge-based cooking mechanics. 

10 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

I'm thinking it's Billy, he says "Little goat"

I've been hoping for a good character that cooks.

Speaking of this, Billy is really a little kid, and unlike the others he does have his mom around. Maybe if it is him, we'd get mumsy as an NPC around as well?

Billy_and_mumsy.jpg

The mistake you’ve made @Pop Guy is thinking it’s just Warbucks that I’m against, and that was blinding me to the merits of your idea.

It wasn’t, and even on it’s own a capitalist big game hunter isn’t a character I think we need or want.

22 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

He looks pretty much player size to me 

It would be interesting to have a non-humanoid character, but I dunno. That'd be a lot of new anims and a lot of maintenance.

Archived