Warbucks as a new DST character?

If Klei will listern to SJW or politics, they would soon have to remove Wilson, Wolfgang, Maxwell and even their Canadian fellow lumberjack Woodie. Then politically correct employees will start looking at Webber, asking what skin color boy inside the spider has.

9 hours ago, Canis said:

Can someone PM me the quotes / aspects Warbucks had that were deemed culturally inappropriate? To this day, I still don't know.

2 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

Why was Warbucks taken out in the first place? How is he culturally inappropriate?

i dont think they said he was culturally inappropriate or offensive, but they did say he was "problematic" (which probably means the same) and straight up deleted the character as if no one cared about him

35 minutes ago, Datanon said:

i dont think they said he was culturally inappropriate or offensive, but they did say he was "problematic" (which probably means the same) and straight up deleted the character as if no one cared about him

He's not deleted, he's retired. He still has all his files, they are still updating his quotes. He is still playable with console, although that does exclude console (ie xbox) players

6 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

He's not deleted, he's retired. He still has all his files, they are still updating his quotes. He is still playable with console, although that does exclude console (ie xbox) players

as Jason said:

You can still continue your Warbucks saves as his files will not be removed from the game, but he will no longer be in the official lineup of starting characters. 

his files remain but you can no longer play as him legitimately. i.e. he's an easter egg now, literally no different than being a mod

i dont expect everyone to sympathize with this feeling but you could do some adjustments to warbucks or rework him the same way you did with winona - which was a character that EVEN LESS people liked and still wasnt removed, and actually improved a lot - , but outright killing him was absolutely not okay and i will never respect this decision

27 minutes ago, Maximum101 said:

I understand that Klei just doesn't have the time to recreate Warbucks because of his "problematic" origins and finding a way to make him special, unique, and pg would be a waste of time for them (I guess)

On 4/23/2019 at 8:37 AM, Hatano Eichero said:

third stage of grief right here.

3 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Ya know I bet Klei Regrets making Warbucks at this point.
This drama has been circling around and I bet Klei, as well as most of the Forum are fed up with it.
Just learn to let it go :(.

fifth stage of grief right here.

1 minute ago, Hatano Eichero said:

fifth stage of grief right here.

But I hated Warbucks..? I wasn't a fan of him being that different from the other cast, nor was his Playstyle interesting.
I have literally 0 reasons to Grief over him being, well not gone but locked up,
but I know a lot of people gulp l-loved him, for whichever reason.
And I know, its hard to let go of something you enjoyed/loved, but this has been going on for way too long, and people should accept that well, it's over for Warbucks. You should be happy that you can still access him in a way and even play him.

Just now, FuffledBeeQueen said:

But I hated Warbucks..? I wasn't a fan of him being that different from the other cast, nor was his Playstyle interesting.
I have literally 0 reasons to Grief over him being, well not gone but locked up,
but I know a lot of people gulp l-loved him, for whichever reason.
And I know, its hard to let go of something you enjoyed/loved, but this has been going on for way too long, and people should accept that well, it's over for Warbucks. You should be happy that you can still access him in a way and even play him.

That wasn't meant to be directed entirely toward you, I meant that this showed hat the general community has hit the fifth stage of grief v:

Acceptance

I liked Warbucks because he looked like tanned queen Elizabeth the second with the crown and scepter, otherwise he was absurdly bland and overpowered.

Do you need oincs? sure thing

sanity? too. every single thing in 8 days? No problem.

Klei did a good call by removing him since he was bad from both perk and quote side.

Archived