Why are Wendy skins the most expensive ones?

9 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Her Vocabulary is quite wide for a teen to be honest

Hmm.. Not really.. I think some people think of children as this monolithic group but not all children of the same age think or are the same or develop consciousness or large vocabulary at the same age. 

Clear example

greta-thunberg-klima-klimaaktivistin-schweden-schu-1.thumb.jpg.31142b742d0188a5ea41d5b979dd056a.jpg

6 hours ago, Canis said:

Not really much. To me, she just seems too young to be under 12, but her appearance doesn't look over 15.

She doesn't even have pupils... she is a grotesque character, like everyone else in DS, who has a caricature's and very unrealistic's art. Heck, the characters are all macrocephalic and with bones in their hair, almost everyone could look like a child, the look really doesn't say anything :'D

Actually you really want to know why Wendy skins are expensive because people love their emo goth gf except wendy is a emo goth underaged gf for those people that really love her character design, and half of the playerbase sure love wendy for having a cool goth vibe with her dead sister coming back from the grave to protect her from "predators".

but yeah because people love wendy because her age, style and etc. probably why I avoid wendy skins

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

u won't give the Wendy waifu topic a rest, will u?

please direct your attention to literally everyone else talking about the topic right now.

I honestly feel targeted.

4 minutes ago, Canis said:

please direct your attention to literally everyone else talking about the topic right now.

I honestly feel targeted.

I think my assessment is accurate 

8 hours ago, Canis said:

5cbe664cc1296_wendyfanart.thumb.png.31b1b7dc115a5a353441b0189990b04c.png

I like to guess around the 12-15 range, personally.

14 minutes ago, Canis said:

jontron.thumb.png.674bd564f073574771d24737b761c125.png

Wendy and Webber are usually represented as the children of the group in most official art. Wendy may be slightly older than webber, but not that much so there is an age barrier between them (Their friendship is more or less established in many of their quotes). If you ask me, Webber may be around 10 and Wendy around 12.

The fact that Wendy is so well spoken could just mean that she and Abigail had a fancy boarding education or something of the sorts.

3 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Wendy and Webber are usually represented as the children of the group in most official art. Wendy may be slightly older than webber, but not that much so there is an age barrier between them (Their friendship is more or less established in many of their quotes). If you ask me, Webber may be around 10 and Wendy around 12.

The fact that Wendy is so well spoken could just mean that she and Abigail had a fancy boarding education or something of the sorts.

I personally think Wendy is a bit older than 12.. mostly cuz she says she pretty much left the phase of playing with toys... but yeap.. I agree with you

I mean this was also confirmed by wortox's quotes: wendy and webber are the only character he says he is not gonna consume their souls.. I think that line was a fine touch tbh :)

something for the nerds xD

20 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Not really... It's a scam cuz there us no real justification to set 40 euros for a skin price... It's completely arbitrary... And based of greed

Well, you do not seem to understand how prices work, you seem to have some funny theories about "real justifications" of all the non-arbitrary prices that you see around you. This is not the right format to explain to you the basics of supply and demand, but you might want to google that term.

3 minutes ago, Majestix said:

Well, you do not seem to understand how prices work, you seem to have some funny theories about "real justifications" of all the non-arbitrary prices that you see around you. This is not the right format to explain to you the basics of supply and demand, but you might want to google that term.

supply and demand shouldn't justify unfair practices... it's a skin...a digital collectible... for 40 euros... how is that a good thing?and I think Klei is moving forward to take down systems allowing people taking advantage of the demand by elevating the prices based on what really? who is charging 40 euros for a skin fair?

It is fair because people are willing to pay 40 dollars for the skin as a collectable. Yes it is overpriced, but it has enough demand for people to pay the price. If people are willing to pay so much for it why would one sell it for less other than to sell it quicker?

Simple capitalism. \:

4 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

It is fair because people are willing to pay 40 dollars for the skin as a collectable. Yes it is overpriced, but it has enough demand for people to pay the price. If people are willing to pay so much for it why would one sell it for less other than to sell it quicker?

the price is not fair... it's just a random price those people decide ... based on nothing more than they know wendy's skins are beloved... that's greed 101. I'm happy Klei is finally gonna allow us to buy Wendy's skins in a package for around 10 euros with all collections... or weaver them... directly with spools

if from that logic Klei decided to price Hamlet DLC for 80 euros... do you think that's fair?? I mean technically they can... there is probably enough demand... just because you can set outrageous prices doesn't mean a price is fair..

I don't wanna get political with this.. but just look at the logic...

16 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

the price is not fair... it's just a random price those people decide ... based on nothing more than they know wendy's skins are beloved... that's greed 101. I'm happy Klei is finally gonna allow us to buy Wendy's skins in a package for around 10 euros with all collections... or weaver them... 

No. It is not a random price you just think it is. If it were a random price the buy orders would be low like other skins.

Granted, it is a rare skin and a valuable one at that, thus the buy orders are lower due to it being a harder sell. Take unusuals from TF2 compared to some old hat.

At the time of posting this buy orders are at roughly 30.00 on Wendy Guest of Honour.

At the time of posting this sellers are at roughly 40 dollars.

A key in TF2 has buy orders for 2.45 on the steam market right now.

https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Team Captain/Tradable/Craftable/87

The price listed is inaccurate but look at buy and sell orders. Similar to the Wendy skin.

These items are NOT EASY TO MAKE AND ARE RARE. Copies of Hamlet ARE EASY TO MAKE AND ARE NOT RARE.

Klei would lose money if they sold Hamlet for such a price as less people would buy it.

Just as a seller of the Wendy skin would lose money in the way of never selling a skin if they sold it for 100$

This is basic economics, which is probably something you don't know too much about.

Your view is biased and you don't take into account that the sellers of these skins are actual people.

Let's say there is a lottery in which the winner gets an original of the Declaration of Independence or whatever.

If the winner isn't you and they'll it for loads of money. Does that make them a scammer?

I SAY THIS AS SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT BUY ANY OF THESE SKINS OR SELL THEM.

I JUST UNDERSTAND BASIC BUSINESS.

13 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

No. It is not a random price you just think it is. If it were a random price the buy orders would be low like other skins.

Granted, it is a rare skin and a valuable one at that, thus the buy orders are lower due to it being a harder sell. Take unusuals from TF2 compared to some old hat.

At the time of posting this buy orders are at roughly 30.00 on Wendy Guest of Honour.

At the time of posting this sellers are at roughly 40 dollars.

A key in TF2 has buy orders for 2.45 on the steam market right now.

https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Team Captain/Tradable/Craftable/87

The price listed is inaccurate but look at buy and sell orders. Similar to the Wendy skin.

These items are NOT EASY TO MAKE AND ARE RARE. Copies of Hamlet ARE EASY TO MAKE AND ARE NOT RARE.

Klei would lose money if they sold Hamlet for such a price as less people would buy it.

Just as a seller of the Wendy skin would lose money in the way of never selling a skin if they sold it for 100$

This is basic economics, which is probably something you don't know too much about.

Your view is biased and you don't take into account that the sellers of these skins are actual people.

Let's say there is a lottery in which the winner gets an original of the Declaration of Independence or whatever.

If the winner isn't you and they'll it for loads of money. Does that make them a scammer?

I SAY THIS AS SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT BUY ANY OF THESE SKINS OR SELL THEM.

I JUST UNDERSTAND BASIC BUSINESS.

I know about economics... more than u think.. but I don't wanna politicize the forums

I've pointed already my points and you seems to agree with unregulated prices.. and that's your opinion.. but that shouldn't be what all players want..

LOL.. Do you realize those Wendy skins are sold by private user and not Klei? 

And skins are lines of code.. Even if rare is random how much more they charge over other skins... 

In EU we got protection laws for pricing and you don't so.. there is a clash in there... you only know an aggressive capitalist system

if you wanna talk more about this in detail we can.. in private... for now... let's agree to disagree

Archived