Why are Wendy skins the most expensive ones?

It seems that community valuates Wendy skins as the most expensive ones, out of all characters. And as much as I understand skisn for characters like Woodie or Wolfgang to be the cheapest, as they are picked rarely (even though Wolfgang is a good character, he's rarely picked in pubs). However, I also don't see Wendy being picked that often, so it raises a question: Why are her skins more expensive than the rest?

Here are examples:

https://imgur.com/a/hIVrAEW

40 minutes ago, researchlab_2 said:

It seems that community valuates Wendy skins as the most expensive ones, out of all characters. And as much as I understand skisn for characters like Woodie or Wolfgang to be the cheapest, as they are picked rarely (even though Wolfgang is a good character, he's rarely picked in pubs). However, I also don't see Wendy being picked that often, so it raises a question: Why are her skins more expensive than the rest?

Here are examples:

https://imgur.com/a/hIVrAEW

If you haven't noticed, the character updates are gonna change completely the scam people have been running with absurdly overpriced character skins

If we go from the Winona rework as a base, we are gonna get the chance to buy or weave skins from Survivor, Shadow, Rose, Formal collections... all prices controlled and managed by Klei...

I'm supper happy with this change cuz some people are just way too f greedy to charge 40 Euros/dollars for a miserable skin... that's just literally scamming people..

So hey, character rework is also a smart move from Klei to finally put at end to weird overpricing :)

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

If you haven't noticed, the character updates are gonna change completely the scam people have been running iwth absurdly over priced character skins

If we go from the Winona rework as a base, we are gonna get the chance to buy or weaver skins Survivor, Shadow, Rose, Formal collections... all prices controlled and managed by Klei...

I'm supper happy with this change cuz some people are just way too greedy to charge 40 Euros/dollars for a miserable skin... that's just literally scamming people..

So hey, character rework is also a smart move from Klei to finally put at end to weird overpricing :)

Oh okay, nice to know that the prices are going to get "fixed". My problem though is the lack of tradablility, which still should be in the game, but I guess it'll be fine.

11 minutes ago, researchlab_2 said:

Oh okay, nice to know that the prices are going to get "fixed". My problem though is the lack of tradablility, which still should be in the game, but I guess it'll be fine.

I guess the tradeability issue is gonna be better.. I mean we get one skin for free every day just for logging in.. you can get a lot of viable items to weave or trade

My thinking is that klei is probs gonna try and make all items weavable with some seasonal additions and the trading system a bit on the side, but not like the main focus

This is me speculating but the character update gave a pretty huge clue in which direction they are going

14 minutes ago, DarithD said:

Skin collector, Anime fan, People that find her personality relatable, the classic.

I am so so glad they're adding skins as per character change, it's been two years, i can finally finish the sets.

Yeap .. I agree.. I mean her quotes are full literary references and I guess a lot of people identify a bit with her personality... 

we all have felt at some point the loss of a person close to us and felt a little lost by it.. 

2 hours ago, researchlab_2 said:

However, I also don't see Wendy being picked that often

Every time I go into a pub, there's always at least 2 Wendy's. I'd say it's the most popular character pick in pubs

Wendy and Wigfrid have the most expensive skins and there are multiple reasons why

1.Both of them are very popular characters

2.They are good characters for new players ( if you ask me )

3.Their skins change their looks enough 

4.One of them is #relatable

If the price ends up being too high it means there are not many people selling it(because it's hard to drop) compared to the great amount of people willing to pay more for it(because people have their tastes). 

4 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

If you haven't noticed, the character updates are gonna change completely the scam people have been running with absurdly overpriced character skins...

I'm supper happy with this change cuz some people are just way too f greedy to charge 40 Euros/dollars for a miserable skin... that's just literally scamming people..

You are using a definition of the word "scam" that nobody else uses. Both the product and the price and completely clear to all parties at the outset, and both enter in the transaction of their free volition. This has absolutely nothing to do with scam.

Now why some people would pay such a ridiculous price for a skin, that is a different question. Are they objectively wrong to do so? No, of course not, it is their money, and they can do with it what they want. Are they weird? Well you and I may think so, but so what? Certainly no more weird than people that spend thousands of euros/dollars/whatever on toy train models.

I think people are reading too much into wendy's popularity in pub servers. As was mentioned before she is VERY noob friendly play-wise. If the majority of arguments here were true we would expect her popularity to follow into the experienced player base.

1 hour ago, Majestix said:

You are using a definition of the word "scam" that nobody else uses. Both the product and the price and completely clear to all parties at the outset, and both enter in the transaction of their free volition. This has absolutely nothing to do with scam.

Now why some people would pay such a ridiculous price for a skin, that is a different question. Are they objectively wrong to do so? No, of course not, it is their money, and they can do with it what they want. Are they weird? Well you and I may think so, but so what? Certainly no more weird than people that spend thousands of euros/dollars/whatever on toy train models.

Not really... It's a scam cuz there us no real justification to set 40 euros for a skin price... It's completely arbitrary... And based of greed

Normal trade is fine.. I'm just saying some people make excessive profit of digital goods in game that costs less that a 40 euros skin... 

At least the collectors get a physical items they can ghold in their hands... Skins are digital.. And I think charging 40 euros for a Wendy skin cuz it's cool it's outrageous.. 

2 hours ago, seffard said:

If the price ends up being too high it means there are not many people selling it(because it's hard to drop) compared to the great amount of people willing to pay more for it(because people have their tastes). 

It's no coincidence the devs are retaking the market from thosebe included in their own shop.. 

I would rather pay 10 euros for a skinset including many skins directly by klei than paying 40 euros to a stranger for a rosette Wendy skin cuz that User decided to unilaterally charge that much money.. 

18 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

Nearly a third of DST’s player base is depressed preteen girls. 

And another third is preteen boys! Come on guys, there is a reason so many Wendy mains have weeaboo steam profiles.

Like uh... Hatano Eichero.

EDIT: I am not a Wendy main nor am I a preteen.

She's the pretty one.

She's the emo one.

Aaaaaand, people have a crush on her even though they shouldn't.  Sorry to say, but the "waifu material" post above is WAY TOO FREAKING TRUE among some parts of the fandom.  YOU know who you are.

(glares at them)

Seriously, dudes, she's like, 10? 

But if you like her fancy head skins for her fashion sense, then sure!  I mean, I'm not even a goth, and _I_ like her style.  She's basically Elegant Gothic Lolita, especially in her Victorian outfit.  I've been known to put Wendy-specific outfit pieces on other people (hi, Shadow-Willow!) when I didn't have a decent-looking dress otherwise...

Personally I'm glad Willow is kinda UNpopular, as she's my old favourite from regular DS.  More for me!  :)

...Notorious

2 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Seriously, dudes, she's like, 10? 

8-12 is my best bet, but yeah, she's quite young.
Im gonna ignore the fact that you just said a lot of people like like her and just pretend that's not true

7 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Im gonna ignore the fact that you just said a lot of people like like her and just pretend that's not true

Not really sure about a real age frame.. But some quotes are intetesting

She refers toys like she already left that phase.. But she wants moon lenses so now other survivors can visit to play together... 

So I think maybe between 12 and 14 or something along those lines?

5 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Not really sure about a real age frame.. But some quotes are intetesting

She refers toys like she already left that phase.. But she wants moon lenses so now other survivors can visit to play together... 

So I think maybe between 12 and 14 or something along those lines?

Her Vocabulary is quite wide for a teen to be honest

23 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

5cbe664cc1296_wendyfanart.thumb.png.31b1b7dc115a5a353441b0189990b04c.png

I like to guess around the 12-15 range, personally.

Archived