Capture fish from printing pod?

1 hour ago, Grimgaw said:

Number of Pacus + Eggs * 8 > Number of tiles in a room = cramped

Number of Pacus * 8 > Number of tiles in a room = overcrowded 

From my testing it seems that for Cramped the room size matters, and for overcrowded the water pool size matters. Thanks for bringing up this formula, good to know - way easier to have a large "room" than pool.

16 minutes ago, miauly said:

and for overcrowded the water pool size matters.

It could be the case - I was never interested in avoiding overcrowded status in pacus.

The formulae I typed are applicable to all creatures if you replace the 8 with their respective space requirements (and no other creature needs a pool ;)

Overcrowding make them unhappy. Happiness doesn't matter for wild creatures. For tame creatures unhappiness (happiness less than zero) make them Gloom, (at current numbers any unhappiness make them Gloom), and Gloom make tame creature equal to wild in production, but able to starve. 

Cramped reduce reproductivity by 100%, so they stop reproduce.

Overcrowding counts by phase, and Cramped counts by room size. So, for fishes there may be not enough liquid, and they be Overcrowded, but big enough room, so they are not Cramped and can lay eggs

3 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

Happiness doesn't matter for wild creatures.

Not true. Cramped wild critters will get the debuff to egg laying. I don't know about pacus specifically, but there are some wild critters where if cramped their entire life, the delay in egg laying means they die of old age before laying an egg. If you want to keep wild critters, you should avoid the cramped debuff.

6 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

Not true. Cramped wild critters will get the debuff to egg laying. I don't know about pacus specifically, but there are some wild critters where if cramped their entire life, the delay in egg laying means they die of old age before laying an egg. If you want to keep wild critters, you should avoid the cramped debuff.

Possibly it is my bad English.

Happiness do not matter for wild creatures.

Cramped do not change happiness. Cramped change reproductivity.

Cramped and Happiness is not related. It can be Happy and Cramped; it can be not Cramped and Gloom.

Cramped condition is important for all creatures. Happy condition important only for tame one.

Am I said something different in previous post?

5 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

Am I said something different in previous post?

Ehh.... this might actually be a case of me misreading what you wrote :?

However now the topic should be perfectly clear to any user and it's certainly a whole lot easier to spot that you can treat your critters to die of old age without laying an egg, which is an important message.

I used a fish trap just fine on a floppy fish to relocate one after i drained his slime pwater home. Granted that would be 8 traps but saves the random pool being built close by for them to flop to.

Archived